What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

VSTICKING VK530 200w mod

eyeball kid

Legend
WP_20200312_22_31_38_Pro.jpg

Today I've a curveball. I asked the ever helpful Ella from @Sourcemore to send me a Vsticking VK530 MOD.
I was in the market for a dual cell banger with a reliable board for using when working away for a few days.
Not too big but with enough cell life to see me through a weekend of mtl low wattage and the capabilities to kick out the jams in a quality way of I've a big old tank to test.
I ordered myself one but unfortunately it's taking some time to arrive due to current circumstances but Ella hot footed this one across for me to review as quite simply the price is ridiculously cheap for the spec.
I also chose the design that appealed to me the least as I had an idea there was something I could do about it.
I'm the box you get your vsticking vk530 mod, usb lead, full instructions manual (biblical) and a guarantee.
This is a duel 18650 mod capable of 200w.

WP_20200312_22_38_24_Pro.jpg

Vsticking as some of you may know is the budget conscious brand from the high end Chinese brand yihi sx.
What that means is you get a custom yihi board inside that is pretty much the same as the gclass mod they produce but minus a couple of features that frankly made little sense anyway.
The VK530 was launched at $99 which is half the price of the gclass but currently this is in sale at a stupidly low price.
Visually shape, lay out and display wise it almost looks identical to the gclass. A top central fire button above a circular high definition circular screen then a press select joystick sits above the micro usb charge point (the size is different here as the g class has a Type c usb).
Top, bottom and the faceplate of the mod is made from aluminium over the gclass 's steel and in all honesty that aluminium Is closer to a generic metal alloy (classic mod monkey metal to you and me).
WP_20200323_13_32_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20200323_13_32_59_Pro.jpg

The base contains a very well designed spring loaded battery cover with a slide lock which is one of the more secure I've come across. The interior is clearly marked with each cells (2x18650) polarity position.
The body is slightly contoured in the middle and the top plate holds a very solid 510 connector with smooth threading. The top is more than capable of accepting a 30mm tank on top without any overhang.
I've chosen to pair this mod with the New aspire nautilus GT as it serves the purpose of allowing me to take a few spare coils with me in my wallet in case of emergency.

WP_20200323_13_32_44_Pro.jpg

WP_20200323_13_34_34_Pro.jpg

Here the vk530 has the big aspire oden tank on top to show The size available.

The body is made from a rubberized material making iincredibly comfortable in the hand and the button placements make this perfect for right or left handed vaping.
Now the meat and potatoes is the board. To be honest I'd need to write a small book on what this can do and how you get it to perform and even those familiar with yihi boards will need time to learn how to get the best from it but essentially it has an easy option to get you going. Holding the joystick to the left for three seconds puts the mod into novice mode which allows you to simply click through all the basic options you'd find on any current mod. Wattage, various tc options including tcr. You also have soft, standard and two powerful fire modes which offer a slow ramp up of the coil up to a high wattage hit for half a second to quickly heat big coils or you have the yihi sxi-Q mode which enables you to build your own power curve by adjusting the wattage that hits the coil every half a second.
The only oddity is there's no kanthal choice as standard. This seems like a weird omission until you find it that in wattage mode the steel setting covers kanthal. That said, if you plug into the sxi driver which is yihi 's version of the escribe style software available on evolv DNA mods you can set up a kanthal setting of that worries your OCD.ing
(This is available from yihi or vsticking websites).
There's so much more available on this mod from clocks, alarms, calendars, wall papers and infinite personalised setting to suit your style of vaping so I recommend you set aside a weekend of you really want to get under the hood.
The screen is a dial style display like the gclass or the old modefined lyra. The screen is incredibly high definition but be aware some of the On screen text can be very small in factory setting.
Now that finish.

WP_20200312_22_32_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20200312_22_38_04_Pro.jpg

I should say this mod is available in a far more subtle black carbon finish but I wanted the steel touches so went for a brown leather wrap from zwraps. Ten quid well spent on my eyes.
Ultimately I wanted this for simple mtl wattage vaping which this delivers flawlessly. The wattage is exceptionally accurate as is the coil reading. Wattage can be adjusted in .1 increments and when you do stray into temp control I don't think I've used better. Nife 30 vaped like a dream and made the pico's I use for tc seem very out of date and slow.
For a dual cell mod it's compact and comfortable in the hand. Yes the fire button isn't as solid as the gclass and the metal isn't as bullet proof but it's a lot lighter and sits very stable when working (zero toppling over).
Far more tech than I will ever use but about as advanced as vaping gets for the enthusiast but conversely it's simplicity itself to switch on and get vaping for the numpty like me.

You can grab one of these for under thirty quid (at time of review) which is a steal for what's on offer here. A top end tech mod at starter mod prices.
This will keep you busy during those boring lockdown hours.
Is it as sturdy as the g class.. No but as sturdy as most of my mods and it's a sixth of the price. Does it work as well as the gclass. Yes.

https://www.sourcemore.com/vsticking-vk530-box-mod-200w.html

Massive thanks as ever from Ella from sourcemore

Last edited:
ive got one of these its a cracking Mod for a little cash very impressed with it thanks for the review :2thumbsup:

Nice review mate. I've been wondering what these are like. If I hadn't just got a new mod I'd be all over this as Sourcemore have it at a ridiculous price just now!

Back
Top Bottom