What's new

Voopoo X217

I was lucky enough to win @VOOPOO 's recent giveaway for the new X217 and thought I would give it a “review”
View attachment 186085

So Voopoo, a relative newcomer to the vape Industry, with the highly successful “drag” mod, making the largest impact and the recently updated “drag 2” along with their other devices such as the alpha one and the v mate

With the acquisition of woody vape , Voopoo are bringing out the X217 a dual cell, multi battery compatible 217w device, capable of utilising 18650/20700/21700 cells and are also using their infamous “gene” board with a changed up display.

I’m not going to go into the whole workings of the menu system but I like the way the ui is set out. There is 3 main menus each having their own sub menus, power, tc and settings , cycling through each is a doddle and all your tc functions, power setting etc are in there as well as is the ability to change the backgrounds and the colours or to turn off that LED light, in the general settings
View attachment 186086

Constructed of what I’m assuming is a mainly zinc alloy body with a splash of resin and some carbon fibre on the body. The X217 comes in at 94mm x 50mm x 33mm so a tad larger than your usual devices but nothing major especially considering the 21700 cells. Theres also a very nice large 510 on this capable of easily housing your 30mm atties

View attachment 186087

So thats what it is, whats it like to use and my opinion of it?

Aesthetically I think it looks great a definite more premium look to it, even if it has taken some design cues from other devices (cough g class)the gunmetal grey with nice textured carbon fibre, the real deal by the feel of it, along with the resin accents on the button and back which each device somewhat unique. (from what I’ve seen it’s going to available in a plethora of frame and resin colour combos)The shiny gunmetal can be a bit of a fingerprint magnet

but thats to expected with a shiny finish, I wish they had put something a little more textured on the frame that runs up the cf sides as thats what you’re gripping

Also being able to take those bigger atties is a major plus and they do look great on there,

everything I’ve used on it sits perfect on the 510

My first time using the “gene” board and I’m impressed power is well delivered and feels accurate with the other settings there if you want to mess around with your vape, I also appreciate the ability to use volts as well

The battery door feels sturdy and locks into place with a little catch, but here comes my only real issue with the mod, battery rattle with 21700 there’s a rattle, not in a such as you are carrying around a maraca but it’s definitely there. Now I’m not sure if this is because of the measurement used or a minor manufacturing fault, but it needs sorting, the device doesn’t need to be 18650 compatible, there’s no benefit at all, with added bulk of the mod, it needs utilising by using 21700 cells, especially considering I’m getting 40% better battery life using the 4ots
View attachment 186088
(soz about that shit pic)
With a couple of minor adjustments of sorting the battery rattle and slightly more grippy material on the frame this device would be even better

Even without those corrections this is still the best device I’ve used in a while, easy mod of the year so far

Just in time , I've just read that it should be available from today, not sure exactly where from but all the usual places I would expect

Cheers for reading
Good review mate but no risqué photo's,no double entendres.Get your tits out mr….lol

I'm not perverted aren't Voopoo using sex to sell their gear.

I believe you thousands wouldn't ;)
kind of I suppose , thats instagram for you though really, they just need to realise theres different "audiences" when promoing their stuff , what some will complain about on here will be awesome elsewhere etc

I believe you thousands wouldn't ;)
kind of I suppose , thats instagram for you though really, they just need to realise theres different "audiences" when promoing their stuff , what some will complain about on here will be awesome elsewhere etc
I don't have a dog in this fight,but I used to love the picture of a busty woman covered in packets of peanuts.
Looks like a decent mod though.

The battery rattle would drive me round the bend, that's a real pity and hopefully they sort it. Sounds like a cracking mod otherwise.

The battery rattle would drive me round the bend, that's a real pity and hopefully they sort it. Sounds like a cracking mod otherwise.

yeah it sure is annoying, lessened with a bit of tape , but I hope they sorted it or I can feel a bunch of unhappy customers complaining in voopoos future

Good review mate. Keep reading about the battery rattle. That'd bug me. It looks so much like in design to the V Sticking VK 530, which im sure has the same designer in common. But my VK doesn't rattle in the slightest. Something obviously went amiss somewhere there for them to rattle. I couldn't put up with that. Im wondering now about the overall quality of Voopoo. My Drag Mini is below standard but just escapes being fed to Dolly. Just.

Last edited:
Good review mate. Keep reading about the battery rattle. That'd bug me. It looks so much like in design to the V Sticking VK 530, which im sure has the same designer in common. But my VK doesn't rattle in the slightest. Something obviously went amiss somewhere there for them to rattle. I couldn't put up with that. Im wondering now about the overall quality of Voopoo. My Drag Mini is below standard but just escapes being fed to Dolly. Just.

agreed mate, I've got the drag 2 as well for review, and I'm definitely with you on the machining/quality side of things

would like some clarity from @VOOPOO if they did actually remedy the battery issue

Back
Top Bottom