What's new

Voopoo X217

crustyfolker

Veteran
Hi Apes, todays review is for the Newly released todat Voopo X217 which has been kindly sent to me for review by Thea @VOOPOO so first of all thanks Thea for the X217.
This review is my personal opinion without influence.

Wgats in the box.

1 Voopoo X217 mod
1x usb cable
2x 18650 battery adaptors
1 x user manual, gene chip card and a warranty card

Stats.

11_3.png

Ok the X217 is a duel 18650 with agaptors or a duel 21700 battery mod. You can use 20700 but with no adaptors the 20700s will rattle and i find that annoying and slightly worrying so i would have liked Voopoo to add to 20700 adaptors as well
The mod is capable of upto 217 watts in power mode, it also has an excellent 1.3 inch TFT high def colour screen and is made of 7 kinds of material.
The chip is a 32bit customised chip with a firing speed of 0.01 seconds
The menu system is similar to the Voopoo drag 5 clicks on and off. 3 clicks to change between wattage and temp control and a further 3 gets you into function where you then click the up and down buttons together to access the menu for clock settings, date, brightness, LED, wallpaper and language. there's 8 wallpapers 1 is a blank black wallpaper. The others are pics of a firework and animals and scenes.
Wattage Mode.
hold up and down to acess the menu to choose menu's for power mode, volt mode and to select power.
Hold up and fire to lock the device.
Temp control the menu will give you Select coil ss, ni200, Ti or NC.
Setting TCR where you can alter the curve setting for the 4 coil types .
Coil resistance you can alter the coil resistance.
Temp select is where you have your manual tcr's there are 5 for you to use and save.
adjust power
adjust temp between F and C.
quit as always gets you back to the main screen

The X217 looks a lot like the Yihi SX mini G class except it is wider across. The depth and height are about the same. The Sbody dna166 with its silicone cover is really close in size,None the less it is comfortable to hold and you know it won't easily slip out your hands and you can thumb or finger fire it while gripping it between your fingers and palm It seems a well made sturdy device with a really good chipset. The buttons are none rattly with the fire button matching the resin strip down the back of the mod. We have LED lighting which thankfully can be turned off but if you do like the lights you can set them to whatever colour etc you wish.The lighting flashes faster the longer you vape.

When the mod is resting it goes into clock mode displaying an old style clock face and fingers before finally going to sleep. i have found the clock has remained on time without batteries inserted while they charge in an external charger. the main screen displays the wattage or temp in a large format and below in small format there is puff counter, last puff timer coil ohms and voltage. Voltage is replaced by wattage in Temp control mode.
The battery door is on the bottom and similar to the G class door except there is no need to use the button when closing the door as the latch is angled so it slides in and clicks in place. There are 4 small venting holes in the latch area
Both the Voopoo and Woodyvapes logo's are present on the mod the usb port is on the front below the up down buttons. I have not tried recharging batteries in the X217 but i did put the mod on charge with the 18650's inside and they did not charge maybe this is something to do with the adapters but i thought it needed mentioning.
The 510 is a large centred 510 and the mod will have no overhang with atties upto around 33mm.
Temp control i found really good and the mod seemed to be doing a good job. Like the Voopoo Drag 2 the X217 will only allow 80 watts in Temp control again i stick by what i said in the Drag2 review which was 80w is enough to preheat as temp control will limit wattage to well below 80w once it kicks in.
There will be multiple colour choices with different coloured mods and different colour resin on those gives a lot of options to choose from. Mine is the stainless steel mod with aurora resin.

Pro's

Well made
easy to use
The door i like the way it just clips into place
The choice of batteries 18650 or 21700
Bright and beautiful screen
Another excellent version of the Gene chipset
feels comfortable to hold despite it's size

Cons

I am struggling to really find much i don't like

No 20700 adaptors
Not a fan of LED's on mods but then again i am past half way of my 40's

Conclusion

The Voopoo X217 is a great device i really enjoy using it. The screen is fantastic and the menu system is easy to use. It's good quality and very well made. I like the fact it allows you to use larger than 24-25mm atties. I like the menu system ok i have been using the Voopoo Drag 2 a lot so it has helped using the X217 as the menu is similar. The fire button is in a friendly place
I see this mod lasting a long time but i maybe wrong. I am hoping @VOOPOO can tell us more about RRP and where the firmware updates or software for the mod will be put for download, will it be on Voppo or Woodyvapes site. The mod isn't on the Voopoo site but is on Woodyvapes after all today has been release day. Plus Wiil the X217's purchased from UK vendors have the 2 21700 batteries. I know Voopoo wouldn't send them due to customs problems but vendors may get the batteries included So @VOOPOO could you give answers to these questions to help potential customers. Thanks. Other than that this is a very good mod to use and own apart from no 20700 adapter as i don't own 21700's yet

Thanks for reading my review I hope it has been helpful

20190107_225445.jpg 20190107_225501.jpg 20190107_225547.jpg 20190107_225609.jpg EXCUSE THE POOR PHOTO@S WILL REPLACE IN THE DAYTIME

Great review @crustyfolker just reinforces my feeling that i will be getting one of these after reading the POTV reviews. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom