What's new

Voopoo Drag Mini Platinum Refresh Edition Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia @Sourcemore sent me this to test out. I’ve seen it mentioned on the forum a couple of times recently and I am a sucker for an internal battery mod. I’ve also got a Drag 2 that I use quite often so I thought it’d be nice to try out.

20201003_142201.jpg

The Voopoo Drag Mini Platinum Refresh Edition

https://www.sourcemore.com/voopoo-drag-mini-platinum-refresh-kit.html

Lilia also sent a discount code for the forum, which is: VDMK. It only takes a couple of quid off of the current sale price but it’s still very kind.

This is a 4400mah internal battery device and you also get a 4.5ml Voopoo pnP tank along with it in the kit. It goes from 5-117w and has all the usual safety protections.

In the box you get:

1 Drag Mini Platinum Device
1 PnP Pod Tank (4.5ml)
1 PnP-VM5 0.2ohm
1 PnP-VM6 0.15ohm
1 USB Cable
1 User Manual

The mod has the Gene Fit chip inside so is essentially a Drag 2 without the option for replaceable batteries and has a little less wattage available. It’s called the mini and it is quite small but not as small as other internal battery devices due it (probably) having 2 18650 batteries inside. It is nice in the hand though and they have smoothed the edges off from the original drag mod, which could be quite sharp. It has the usual Drag resin panel on one side and the usual big DRAG logo on the other. This one is the platinum edition so it’s very shiny shiny; a bit of a fingerprint attractor for those who don’t like that sort of thing.

20201003_142014.jpg

Functions of the mod are:

VW S, this is a smart mode that will detect the best wattage for a coil and set accordingly. You can still adjust to suit yourself though.

VW R, this is the RBA setting which is just a normal mode that lets you choose the wattage yourself.

Fit mode 1, a pre set mode where the mod picks what you vape at according to the coil.

Fit mode 2, another, more powerful setting. They have taken Fit mode 3 out from previous versions on this refresh kit.

TC mode. Choose between SS, Ni and TI you want to use then set the temperature and wattage. You can adjust the temperature co-efficient as well here.

Custom mode. You can adjust things to suit and the mod will remember your settings for that tank. It has 2 you can set, M1 or M2.

20201003_142033.jpg

The mod is pretty easy to use. Three clicks will take you to the menus and another three clicks will take you to the next function and so on. I mainly just used it in the simple R mode while using the PnP tank and set the wattage I like to vape at but it’s nice to have the smart mode and the Fit settings for those who just like to trust the mod and vape away. These would suit new users and gives them a good mod with the possibility to adjust as they advance (if they advance). The TC settings are good as well. I used some SS and just tinkered with the wattage and temp settings to get the vape where I like it but there’s the option to go deeper for more advanced TC users.

Of course the 4400mah battery is the big plus for this kit. It lasts very well and is fantastic when using an MTL coil at low wattage. It still lasts a good time with a lower ohm coil so would be a good all day mod for anyone really. With the all the functions available it is a great mod for beginners and advanced users alike. As I’ve said I like internal battery mods. I was very wary of external batteries when I started vaping and if this had been available it would have lasted me quite a while and I’d probably still be using it now.

Collage 2020-10-05 11_49_04.jpg

Along with the mod you get a 4.5ml PnP tank with this kit. Now when I first saw this advertised I hated it. Plastic tank, pffftt, my vape snobbery really kicked in. It is quite innovative though. You get a metal base with the airflow and the 510 pin to put it on the mod, along with the plastic tank that has pretty strong magnets to attach it to the base. Coils go in the plastic tank and it can take all of the Voopoo PnP range so you’re covered for whatever way you vape. I’ve had no leaks from the coils either, I do believe some people have had an issue with this but it’s not happened to me yet.

I’ve been using the 0.2ohm coil mostly and it’s a nice vape. There’s a slight gurgle on your first draw if you’ve not used it all day but it settles quickly and gives a good amount of cloud at 50w. Flavour is very good with it being a mesh coil and I’m still to burn it out after a week of use so they seem to last well too. Bear in mind that I don’t use any added sweetners in my DIY juice though so shop bought juice might burn them out quicker. The 0.15 coil is also pretty good, good flavour, lots of vapour and no plasticy taste that you sometimes get on plastic pods or tanks when you use a hotter coil.

In all the Drag Mini Refresh Edition is a cracking internal battery mod with great battery life and plenty to offer all types of vapers. The PnP tank is good, easy to use and is well designed.

This mod is going to a friend and the tank is staying with me as I’d like to try out some of the other PnP coils to see how they compare to other offerings of the same type.

20201003_141956.jpg

Thanks the review, I liked my Drag mini a lot, but I gave it away to someone in need. I'm presuming the 'refresh' thing is just because you get a different tank, the mod looks identical to the one I had.

Thanks the review, I liked my Drag mini a lot, but I gave it away to someone in need. I'm presuming the 'refresh' thing is just because you get a different tank, the mod looks identical to the one I had.

It is a little different, They've taken out the Fit 3 function so it's more of a soft and normal setting now without the harder option. They've also added the S and R modes from the original so it doesn't automatically try to guess what wattage you want to vape at when you put a tank on if it's in R mode. Other than that it's pretty much the same as the Drag 2/original mini. Probably fits the new tank better than the first versions.

Back
Top Bottom