What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Voopoo drag 3 and drag x plus review

onion

Achiever
I was recently chosen as part of the @VOOPOO giveaway to receive these two devices.

A3C58204-7411-468D-87CE-15B867AD9175.jpeg

I’ve had them a couple of weeks now and thought I’d share my thoughts. I won’t bother going through tech specs etc, these are widely available in reviews and online listings.

I haven’t ever used a voopoo device beforehand so I started with the drag x plus because I think it looks really a smart. I paired this with the 0.2ohm coil as it seemed like a better match for the single 21700 battery.

EB60FFAD-FA6E-42CD-AD34-E57FDAE19DC9.jpeg

build quality on the mod and tank is very good, the leathery bit feels quality and the buttons don’t have any nasty wiggle or play in them. Big thumbs up to start!

my only criticism would be that I’m not a fan of the drag logo which sits at the top of the device because it’s not as good quality as the rest of the device but this is a very minor criticism as you don’t notice it day to day.

the mod is simple to use and normal mode is great as it stops you from cooking the coil by limiting the max wattage. Flipping between modes is done by triple clicking the power button. There’s also a firmware update available which unlocks TC mode. I’m not a TC user and haven’t installed the update.

the tank which comes with the kit is nicely made and I’m a fan of the magnetic pod detachment.

6515D674-D4B5-4363-B947-6CFF7CC0B4C2.jpeg

Filling is handled via a little rubber plug on the bottom and the coils are pnp and easy to install. The drip tip is an 810 clear plastic affair with two o-rings. I only mention this as i wasn’t able to use any of the other drip tips I had because of the o-rings.

on to the vape - recommended wattage is circa 50w. After everything is primed it’s quite happy at this wattage. I’m a fan of a warmer vape and at 55w I got just that. I’ve not gone above because I don’t see the need. I’ve had the same coil in for two weeks and had no drop off in flavour or dry hits.

In a nutshell, the flavour is great. Absolutely no complaints. The draw is quite airy and the airflow control only really has an impact when it’s more than 50% closed. At this stage the tank can be a bit whistley but it’s totally bearable. Personally, I’ve run it wide open and not thought twice about changing it. As it’s a mesh coil there’s no ramp up time.

The only complaint that I could really level at the device is that once the battery level drops down low there’s a noticeable drop off in performance. Apparently this has to do with the lack of boost function on the chip. I’d just say that this would be less noticeable if you vape at a lower wattage and to be honest, only occurs when the battery is nearly drained. I consistently got a day out of the device with a reasonable amount of use.

moving on to the drag 3 now, build quality continues to be great. Aside from the drag logo I mentioned above my only complaint would be that the battery door hinge allows the door to wiggle side to side. Day to day this won’t be a problem but be careful not to drop the mod with the door open.

A971EBFE-3E08-4AA9-A483-A7E49D804A6D.jpeg

Everything else is of high quality including the screen which is bright and clear on both devices.

B1C46B8A-9B1D-4BD1-B532-A28132A1093A.jpeg

You can change the screen orientation and ways that the settings are displayed between two settings. I personally found the ‘regular’ or upright orientation more logical and easy to read. It’ll be totally subjective but it’s nice to have the option to change it.

I used the drag 3 with the 0.15ohm coil at 70w. As with the 0.2ohm, there’s nothing to complain about. Flavour is great and the coil is lasting just as well. I think this mod hits noticeably harder than the single battery drag x plus.

Battery life seems good and I’ve not noticed the batteries draining any faster than other series mods at this wattage.

I tried both coils with a range of flavours including fruits and deserts. Flavour is clear and ‘bright’ if you get what I mean. The coils tend to enhance different aspects of the flavour to a regular round coil - for instance PVs icy mango was less fruity and the menthol was more prevalent and similarly PV’s vanilla danish has a more noticeable cinnamon hit. This behaviour isn’t particular to these coils and is something I’ve noticed when changing the number of coils or their type.

Juice consumption is pretty reasonable too. I think the tanks hold 4ml and even when chain vaping over the first day or so didn’t feel like I was draining the tank inconveniently fast. I’ve not encountered any leaking whatsoever with either coil even when the tanks have been sat for a couple of days.

I also tried different tanks on the mods and compared performance to other similar mods. At the same wattage performance is comparable.

another user did note an unusual buzz on the drag x plus when using the kit at low wattages and I encountered this the first time I used it but haven’t had the issue since.

Bottom line is that for £35(ish), which both kits can be had for, I don’t think you can go wrong. The drag x plus is a good size and shape for going in a pocket and the drag 3 definitely fits for people who want to run higher wattages more easily.

If you’re looking for your first dtl kit then it’ll be a decent investment. If you’ve already got a bunch of mods and want something which looks cool and won’t break the bank it’s also a good option.

As I’ve got more mods than I can currently use I’ll be giving the drag3 kit away. The drag x plus was shotgunned by a friend but if he doesn’t get on with it I’ll pass that on to an ape too.

Back
Top Bottom