What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Voopoo Drag 2

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
Thanks to Ella over @Sourcemore for sending over the Drag 2 kit for review
https://www.sourcemore.com/voopoo-drag-2-kit-with-uforce-t2-tank.html
drag2insta.jpg

Voopoo’s “updated” version to the very popular “Drag” the imaginatively titled “Drag 2”. You can either get this in kit form(like what I have here), with the “uforce” sub tank or the stand alone mod. These come in a base frame colour of black(at the moment, the original drag ended up being released with multiple frame colours), with around 8 different colour themes of resin panel to choose from, these won’t be exactly the same but based around the same colours

In the box:

Drag 2 . Uforce T2 tank, 2 coils, spare glass & orings , a usb cable & the manual

The UforceT2 tank:

24mm at the base 38.8mm tall, not including the tip, comes in a gunmetal grey finish with this kit, why I don’t know as it doesn’t match the mod at all, looks great on the x217, anyway…..

Bit of a plain jane tank, nothing really stands out for it, in terms of looks, apart from everyone’s favourite bubble glass and somewhat matching drip tip to the mod, if you use one eye and squint a little.
drag topfill.jpg

Does benefit from a nice slide to fill, top fill, which you’ll come to use multiple times a day as this thing is a thirsty bugger. You can pick and choose from a variety of coil options for this including , U2/U4/U6/N1/N2 /N3/R2/D4 , just sank my battleship, the 2 supplied are the N3 triple mesh and the U2 standard round wire.

Flavour is decent on both of the supplied coils however I’m going to focus on the mesh option as that is the “thing” with subtanks of the moment.

Whilst having decent flavour the coil life wasn’t there at all, after a brief break in period I didn’t even manage 60ml of juice through it , not even super sweet coil killer stuff either, I purposely use lighter on coil juices when using theses types of tank

(apparently the falcon coils fit this, so if you have both, or wanna try them in this I’d say give that a go as that tank is pretty well regarded on its coils)

The mod, Drag 2

Reasonably sized at 88mm x 51.5mm x 26.5mm zinc alloy frame in black, with your choice of resin colour accent panel, not forgetting that horrendous Drag emblazoned battery door, why in all their wisdom they kept that is beyond me, knowing it put so many people of the first model

Dual 18650s topping out at 177w , that 177w being supplied by Voopoo’s well regarded gene board, all the features that everyone knows by now your temp modes and the “fit”, power and custom, the menus just like on the new x217 are easy to access with 3 clicks to cycle through , then each having its own sub menu.The display is clean and is fairly basic, standard black and white.
dragscreen.jpg

I do really like the way the board delivers its power, feels accurate and immediate.

This is supposed to be an updated Drag, now I never used the original, either that first version was horrendously made and everyone kept quiet or something is not quite right with this or maybe just mine

The 510 while it seems solid and I’ve no issues with connections it’s raised? And sized at 19.5 mm so anything you put on it looks terrible, anything bigger than 24 , you’re going to start overhanging to , as the top of the doors bevel in
drag510.jpg

Oh the battery door, if I despised it because of the massive drag across it, the least it could of done was fit right, not in a long time have I had to “fix” an issue like that, needing a bit of tape on the door to stop the movement, that shouldn’t be a “thing” at this point, and can the - &+ be better marked on all mods
dragbatterydoor.jpg

Talking of not fitting right, there’s slight button rattle to, I do like the nice concaved power button though

Yeah , reading that back it seems as I hated using this, but I enjoyed using it, the mod in particular, once you’ve got by the flaws , I think it’s the way it actually performs and that’s a testament to the board performance

Would I recommend it? I don’t know to be honest, if the battery door issue is just this one, (one other person has told me his was the same) and you can handle the 510 doorstep then yeah, it performs , even with its aesthetic flaws

If if anyone has used the falcon coils, let us know if they improve the tank. As at it stands there’s better mesh tanks out there

Thanks again to Sourcemore, for sending this over

cheers for reading

Nice honest review bud, not for me the battery door would get right in my tits

Just one thing, you didn't mention who sent you this ?[emoji6][emoji23]

great review fella only thing i dont like about these mods is the massive DRAG on the door puts me right off other than that seems like a good bit of kit
love the atty build stand :2thumbsup:

Nice honest review bud, not for me the battery door would get right in my tits

Just one thing, you didn't mention who sent you this ?[emoji6][emoji23]

cheers mate, did I forget? sourcemore sent it , just incase you missed it

great review fella only thing i dont like about these mods is the massive DRAG on the door puts me right off other than that seems like a good bit of kit
love the atty build stand :2thumbsup:

cheers mate, yeah it seems to put a lot of people off, they should include a matching resin door and the awful drag one if they insist on keep doing it

cheers mate, yeah it seems to put a lot of people off, they should include a matching resin door and the awful drag one if they insist on keep doing it

ill agree with you there on a matching resin door if they did i would go buy one 100% never owned a Voopoo but heard alot of good things about the Gene chip keep thinking about getting the X217

Back
Top Bottom