What's new

Voopoo Drag 2 Platinum.

SirLugg

Legend
I got asked to do this a while back. A good while back actually, and I had a message about it sitting in my inbox from Cortana at @Healthcabin from March all the way to September, which was when I replied to her due to my recent hiatus.
So it's late. There's countless other reviews already for the same thing. They'll be prettier than this, the pictures will be better than this and they'll be fluffed out with better words than this.
But here we go anyhow - the Voopoo Drag 2 Platinum.

Now I've had a Drag since August 2016. It started off life as an at home device but has since been moved to a work banger. Why? Well it's reliable. Battery life is great, it fires low and fast and it never misses a beat. Its just Mr reliable, and whilst I'm not home that's important.

First impressions of this when looking at it in the box is how much better looking it is than the original. Gone are the overly angular corners, (although it's still angular, just not so much), it's around 2/3 of the size and the 510 is now centered. All massive plus points. And this one has a rather fetching resin side panel too - kinda velvety to the touch and a nice little addition.

Connection wise I had no issues with anything I threw on it. Everything made a good connection and sat and looked well on the mod. 24mm has room to spare when the battery door is in place, 26/27mm would hit right at the edge and a 28mm is overhanging slightly. Not much, but it's there. A 30mm is gonna mess with your ocd if overhang is one of your triggers because it get noticeable at that point. Do take into account that the 510 plate sits 1/2mm proud of the mod though, so you'll always get a gap. But you'll also never get a scratched mod so that works for me.

Now temp control. I did not test this. I can't test this - I only have SS 316/317 here and my builds are far, far too big to accurately test TC. So I didn't. Go me, but TC has never been my thing anyway. I have run SS coils on it, but in wattage mode only.

Which brings me onto this mods golden feature - the pure, unadulterated power of the thing in wattage mode. Just like it's predecessor it's ferocious in the way it hits. I've put some big old coils in big, airy atties on this thing and you'd swear you were using a triple cell bulldozer the way it ramps up. It takes no prisoners whatsoever.

I've used it at resistances between 0. 07 and. 25 and its fired everything perfectly, and compared to my staple dna mods it also feels very accurate. When you select a new coil it'll recommend a wattage which is nice, but the mod can't tell what attie those coils are sitting in so be prepared to adjust it up or down a lot of the time. Sometimes it wasn't far away, but I guess it saves you scrolling up from 20w every time you select a new coils when you need to be at 5 times that. But in wattage mode I can't fault this thing, genuinely.

Now the fit part of the chip? Seems a bit gimmicky. Fit 1 is roughly half of what you need by the feel of it. I can't fathom out why Vaping at half the required power would be enjoyable. Saves cells, I get it, but enjoyable it is not.
Fit 2 is roughly what it should be vaped out, maybe a little less. But then why wouldn't you just stay in wattage mode? Then Fit 3 is like fitting a supercharger to the required wattage. Quick ass way to burn you cotton for the most part, although this could be handy if you're a kanthal fiend that used mega thick wire. I use the thick wire, but kanthal it ain't, so the fit feature was lost on me.

Battery life is also a massive plus to this device, also as per its predecessor. Much, much longer lasting on the same cells as everything I've got here that isn't DNA, and it's almost on a par with those. As ferocious as the Gene chips are, they don't use cells like they're going out of fashion in doing it. Massive plus, which also kinda puts the Fit 1 setting to bed [emoji51]

All in all I like this mod. A lot actually. Form factor is great, it's pocketable, well constructed, (no rattles and the battery door is solid), takes decent sized atties and lasts an age. The screen is a little dark if I'm being picky, but that's being really picky.

Would I buy it? Yeah I would. Would it replace a DNA? Sadly not. But I'd buy one for an out and about mod all day long.

Solid 8/10 for what it is. For me, the only let downs are the fit feature which is a waste of time imo and the slightly dark screen, but they're not deal breakers in any way.

If you want to buy one look no further than here:
https://www.healthcabin.net/voopoo-drag-2-platinum-177w-tc-box-mod-p/21974.html

And Healthcabin also have some tasty discounts going which are listed here :
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=49796&share_type=t&link_source=app

National Day Promotion

So thank you to Cortana @Healthcabin. I enjoyed this and it was right up my alley.

I'll try not to leave the next one so long [emoji51]
IMG_20190929_174604.jpg
IMG_20190929_174623.jpg
IMG_20190929_174649.jpg
IMG_20190929_174730.jpg

Last edited:
in agreement with you on this one i picked one up a while back solid and reliable everyday mod that dont skip a beat thanks for an on point review :2thumbsup:

in agreement with you on this one i picked one up a while back solid and reliable everyday mod that dont skip a beat thanks for an on point review :2thumbsup:
Cheers mate.
That's what I was hoping it hadn't lost tbh, and in the week I've been using it (I've used little else while at home), it's been perfect in its performance.
Kinda like the old one, but prettier. Perfectly summed up in that it's a reliable everyday mod mate, fully agreed.

@SirLugg , what nice hands you have. the pictures show them off a treat.

good review, but one question..

can you lock the up/down buttons on this one?

@SirLugg , what nice hands you have. the pictures show them off a treat.

good review, but one question..

can you lock the up/down buttons on this one?
You can't mate. You can lock the whole mod with fire and up, but not just the up/down buttons.

Surprised you've not commented on my hands when I've been sitting in your house tbh [emoji23]

Last edited:
I only have the first drag the silver one with a reddish panel and I love it. A lot of reviewers say there is not much with the new ones, design and some functions you don't use .. Any opinions on this. Not looking to get a new mod necessarily but maybe in the future if I get my hands on a used one at good price.

I only have the first drag the silver one with a reddish panel and I love it. A lot of reviewers say there is not much with the new ones, design and some functions you don't use .. Any opinions on this. Not looking to get a new mod necessarily but maybe in the future if I get my hands on a used one at good price.
If you're original Drag is working fine then youre not going to gain much from this. It's wrapped up in a far nicer package, and the centred 510 is nice, but functionality wise there's nothing to choose from them save for 20 extra Watts and the fit feature which I personally think is a waste of time.

But should you fancy something different aesthetically but that functions the same as your original Drag then I'd highly recommend it.

Luggiepoos and drag in the same sentence is not something I need in my head [emoji2961]

You can't mate. You can lock the whole mod with fire and up, but not just the up/down buttons.

Surprised you've not commented on my hands when I've been sitting in your house tbh [emoji23]

i think you have been moisturising since i last saw you!! i will make the effort to visit you soon over on the island...

shame about not being able to lock up/down, same as the original model. had quite a lot of mods that cannot lock the up/down, fried too many coils not realising i had accidentally put the wattage too high because of this.

Back
Top Bottom