What's new

Voopoo Drag 2 Platinum

iqon

Achiever
Supplied from Voopoo Comp win, thank you @VOOPOO for the opportunity of doing this review. This review is of my own personal opinion.
003.jpg

006.jpg

The Kit came well packaged and included -

Drag 2 Platinum mod, 90 x 54 x 24, 177W
Uforce T2 tank, 28 x 54.45mm
U2 & N3 Coil ( U2 preinstalled )
Spare straight glass
O rings
Usb cable
Instructions for mod & tank
Warranty Card

I will start with the tank.
The Uforce T2 is 5ml capacity with the bubble glass and is filled via sliding the top cap, I found that filling was straight forward although a little stiff and once full the top cap closed in the same manner and felt secure. The drip tip is all matchy with the finish on the mod but feels a little thin. The first coil ( U2 ) once primed gave a decent vape until I got adventurous with the mod settings. The second coil ( N3 ) gave better taste but only lasted into the 4th day. I really like this tank therefore more coils are in the post.

Drag 2
Definitely a looker but as I took it out the box I got a little disappointed. Ouch Ouch Ouch. every time I picked it up ( QC must of had a day off ). Apart from the hard edges of the design I found this one came with a sharp burr on one of the edges near the fire button. Once removed over the course of the next few days I found that I forgave all the design edges.
The Drag 2 has the Gene FIT chip that is easily navigated. However this was the demise of the U2 coil. After a few days of use in the Wattage mode it was time to try the FIT modes and this is what I found. FIT1 battery longevity, vapes fine and is in the same ballpark as I was vaping in Wattage. FIT 2 you notice an increase in power and taste. FIT 3 how to ruin a coil in 5 seconds. This may work well for other people, other types of coil, but not for me I decided not to try the FIT mode with the U3 coil. The buttons are easy to use with no rattle
I`m impressed with the finish of the colours of the resin cover and drip tip, platinum case and I even like the finish of the battery cover, although the Logo is a little large. However the battery door is also on the large size. It`s a sloppy fit. Although secure it moves up & down and from side to side every time you pick it up so I`m a little disappointed you have not fixed this known problem.

Further information can be found - http://www.voopoo.com/drag2-platinum

Pro`s -
The looks
The flavour
It uses 18650 batteries
Easy to fill
Easy to navigate

Cons -
Battery door doesn't fit right
Coil life

My conclusion - I Rate the flavour from the tank and I know the Drag 2 platinum has faults with the battery cover but it has the looks and performance, if only they had listened about the battery door. for now I have accidentally found that leaving the battery strap hanging out of the mod reduces the movement but a permanent solution is still to do

I believe Drag aficionado`s are going to love this one, I know I do

004.jpg

007.jpg

012.jpg

Would have liked to have waited a few more days before doing this review on the Drag 2 but need coils and decided the only thing that is new is that this is the Platinum edition and that, that wont change by waiting.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    668.6 KB · Views: 152
great review.....

i want one of these, but i just cant get past the branding......ive lost count of the amount of times my finger has hovered over the 'buy' button for one of these.....

I have the drag 2 mini and think I might get another one or a drag 2 in platinum, I don't mind the big DRAG on one side, it's different the doesn't look to bad in my opinion.

Good review mate. :thumbup: It is a nice tank isn't it!
Yep my Drag Mini had 3 sharp points I had to flatten. I darkened to huge logo with waterproof black marker. Less in your face.
Battery door rattle/movement, my eyes starting to twitch just thinking about it! :confused:

Nice review fella.

Very interested in getting one of these to do a comparison between the regular and the new version. sounds like that would be a very quick video as they sound the same!

Back
Top Bottom