What's new

Voopoo Alpha Zip Kit (glory)

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Ok I'm a bit late to the party but here is my review for the Alpha Zip kit.

This kit was sent out by @VOOPOO and as always all the opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

20190506_191313.jpg

We will start with the kit contents.

In the box you will get,

1 X alpha zip mod
1 X maat tank fitted with 4ml bubble glass
1 X 2ml straight glass
1 X M1 0.13ohm coil
1 X M2 0.2ohm coil
Bag of orings
Usb cable
And all the usual bits of paper.

Voopoo also sent me out the M3 0.17ohm coil to use.

Let's take a look at the Alpha Zip mod.

Now to me this mod has kinda got the old skool retro look. No fancy curves, leds or the other pointless stuff that is now common place with mods.

Max power 180w
Dual 18650 battery
0.05-5.0ohm fire range
Gene chip

5 clicks on and off
Hold + and - buttons to get into the menu.
3 clicks of the fire button gets you into the FIT menu which I understand to be your soft, normal, hard options.

Now let's have a look at the maat tank

20190506_191337.jpg

Fitted with the 4ml bubble glass. Has a top fill. Opens with a push button. Bottom adjustable airflow. And the main feature is you can change the coil with a full tank of juice.

I have used all the coils but for me the 0.17 M3 coil is my favourite. I have used this tank for quite some time and the coil life has been great. I have used each coil for around a week and they are all still going strong. With the way the juice ports are on this tank you can vape it completely dry. All the coils are very thirsty! I have been using the M3 coil at 80-85w and can pretty much empty the tank in half an hour. The flavour is very good for a stock coil tank.

Couple of things I'm not to keen on with the tank.

The push button to open the fill port is a little on the small side for me and can be a little tricky to get it to open. It has improved with use but I feel it could be improved more.

The second thing I'm not too keen on is the base of the tank is like a bayonet fitting and can be undone quite easy. I've not had this happen in my pocket but I could see it happening.

So over all its a great mod with the gene chip very much like it's sister the drag 2. I am overall impressed with the maat tank and coils. Great flavour and great cloud production although a touch on the thirsty side.

https://www.voopoo.com/alpha-zip-m

Review coming soon for the drag nano pod

This kit was sent out by @VOOPOO and as always all the opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

View attachment 191487

In the box you will get,

1 X alpha zip mod
1 X 2ml straight glass
1 X M1 0.13ohm coil
1 X M2 0.2ohm coil
Bag of orings
Usb cable

Now to me this mod has kinda got the old skool retro look. No fancy curves, leds or the other pointless stuff that is now common place with mods.

Max power 180w
Dual 18650 battery
0.05-5.0ohm fire range
Gene chip

5 clicks on and off
3 clicks of the fire button gets you into the FIT menu which I understand to be your soft, normal, hard options.

View attachment 191488

Fitted with the 4ml bubble glass. Has a top fill. Opens with a push button. Bottom adjustable airflow. And the main feature is you can change the coil with a full tank of juice.

I have used all the coils but for me the 0.17 M3 coil is my favourite. I have used this tank for quite some time and the coil life has been great. I have used each coil for around a week and they are all still going strong. With the way the juice ports are on this tank you can vape it completely dry. All the coils are very thirsty! I have been using the M3 coil at 80-85w and can pretty much empty the tank in half an hour. The flavour is very good for a stock coil tank.

The push button to open the fill port is a little on the small side for me and can be a little tricky to get it to open. It has improved with use but I feel it could be improved more.

The second thing I'm not too keen on is the base of the tank is like a bayonet fitting and can be undone quite easy. I've not had this happen in my pocket but I could see it happening.

So over all its a great mod with the gene chip very much like it's sister the drag 2. I am overall impressed with the maat tank and coils. Great flavour and great cloud production although a touch on the thirsty side.

Not late at all mate. You gave it a decent time to get a real feel. :thumbup:

View attachment 191487

In the box you will get,

1 X alpha zip mod
1 X 2ml straight glass
1 X M1 0.13ohm coil
1 X M2 0.2ohm coil
Bag of orings
Usb cable

Max power 180w
Dual 18650 battery
0.05-5.0ohm fire range
Gene chip

5 clicks on and off

View attachment 191488

Hi Sam,

What is the mod like in comparison to the drag? That is something i wondered, does it operate the same with a different disesign or is there distinct differences between the two?

Hi Sam,

What is the mod like in comparison to the drag? That is something i wondered, does it operate the same with a different disesign or is there distinct differences between the two?

My personal opinion is it's the same as the drag 2. If there is a difference I have not found it

Back
Top Bottom