What's new

VGOD Pro 200w Kit (giveaway at the end BRAND NEW KIT)

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
Here goes, thanks to @Sourcemore for sending over the VGOD pro 200w for another unbiased & honest "review"
https://www.sourcemore.com/vgod-pro-200-kit-black.html

Firstly I’ll do the specs, then get on to my opinion after

The Vgod kit contains the Vgod subohm tank and the pro 200w, and some spares for the tank.
vgod1.jpg

Tank, here we have vgods subohm tank, a pretty basic affair, 24mm at the base and 49mm high including the tip, only available in the one matte black finish. The tank takes vgods own proprietary “shotgun” coil heads, with the 2 included coils coming in at 0.2 & 0.4 resistance. The tank has a top fill system as you’d expect, just a little different than what you may be used to, the threaded tip (which doubles as a top cap) unscrews revealing a silicone seal, which you just put your bottle nozzle through.

The mod, the “pro” 200, is a dual 18650, 200w (who’d of guessed) device. A mainly zinc alloy construction coming in at 85mm x 27mm x 57mm, with what feels like an anodised type finish. The two sides of the mod have rubber panels. (like those non slip mats for your phone)

Stainless 510 (24mm friendly) and top thumb fire buttom
vgod3.jpg

Just like the coils the board used is proprietary, designed and manufactured by atom vapes, (they also make the mod itself but that’s designed in the states) with all the features you’ve come to expect, and standard safety. So you have your standard wattage mode and TC, the pro 200 does have a couple somewhat interesting modes, it has their “mech” mode, a straight up 4.2 volts to your atty, their take on a bypass mode really and there’s pro mode a custom 7 second curve mode

So what is my opinion? I’m going to prefix this, the vgod pro kit is not new, at least a year old now and it’s original rrp at at over $100, but like a few other people I’ve had my eye on it for a while, but at that price I wasn’t willing to take a punt, but the recent drop in price made me wonder if it was worth a look and if it justified its original price

Ah the tank, honestly not a fan, the coil performance just isn’t there, especially considering we have entered a stage where these new mesh coil heads have came along, revitalising the subtank market, that coupled with the noisey airflow, it’s a no from me, vgod need to make their tanks compatible with some of leading manufacturers coil heads, would of been a glimmer of light for this tank, not to mention the price of these vgod coil heads between £15 - £20 that kills it even more for me. I do like the the shape of the included drip tip(again proprietary, so you better like it) and the top fill design is easy and convenient

On to the mod, I have some conflicting thoughts on certain aspects of this one. In one hand the build quality seems sturdy and well put together but certain things annoy me, with what are outdated parts, like the battery sled, a looks like, keystone sled ( a battery wraps nightmare) with no spring loaded connections. The battery bay door is sturdy and held with some pretty decent magnets, a tiny bit of wiggle if you deliberately do so, but not in regular normal use
vgod4.jpg

I really like the overall look of the device, it doesn’t look cheap (nor should it with the original rrp) It feels nice in the hand with no super sharp edges or corners, I would of loved to see the back edge of the device be rounded off with some of that grippy rubber that is present on the sides, would make it perfect in the hand then, and just that extra bit more comfortable when firing the device with the top thumb fire button, which I’ve had to try and adapt to as a trigger firer myself

From just using the device the board performance seems good, a hair delay in firing speed maybe but nothing major or overly noticeable, I like the fact you can change the display colours from standard, if you find certain combos of colours easier to read, the white background black text is one of the options, along with some more colourful ones, Also the inclusion of their mech mode is a nice touch, a straight 4.2 volts, a better option than bypass in my opinion

So would I recommend it, yes and no , at the original rrp and the fact you cannot buy just the mod on its own, no , but the recent drop in price may be worth it if you like the look of it, I don’t think you’d be disappointed with the mod at all, it fits nicely in the hand works well and looks great.

vgod2.jpg

But dont be fooled, it will not make you a vgod , it will not be able to blow “Os” or spit jellyfish at will at become viral star

And now you’ve read that, thanks, time for a giveaway, the lovely people at sourcemore kindly sent me an extra kit for a giveaway, which I’m going to do on this thread

In standard potv fashion, names on a list, fuck the the list up, fix it please

Open to everyone, but I will ask postage as it does seem that tiny amount dissuades a certain section of people

If there’s any questions, critiques or maybe any other devices you’d like a review just post them below, cheers

1. MrTeaTime
2. stevoknevo
3. Sam's SJR
4. nordelen

Thanks for the opportunity, I do like a dual battery mod.

Amazing review, Love the firing button place. Thank you for the chance mate

1. MrTeaTime
2. Stevoknevo
3. Sam’s SJR
4. Badawy

Back
Top Bottom