What's new

Vaporesso GEN/SKRR-S Kit.

eyeball kid

Legend
Huge thank you to the kind gang at @Vaporesso for sending me this beauty (spoiler) to sample.
The following review represents my own thoughts and not necessarily those of POTV. I've not been payed apart from the fun of trying this out before I pass it on.
Okay.
This is the the spanking new dual 18650, 220w GEN mod kit that includes the 8 or 5ml version of the previously reviewed excellent SKRR-S sub ohm tank.

WP_20190723_15_26_26_Pro.jpg

Inside the box you get. The Gen mod, skarr-s tank in 8ml form. Spare orings, spare straight sided 5ml glass section for the tank. 1 QF 0.2 ohm mesh coil and 1 QF 0.15 strip coil, a quality usb to micro usb charge lead plus instructions and guarantee.
WP_20190802_21_33_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20190802_21_32_16_Pro.jpg

The GEN mod comes in various tasteful colours and this one has an aluminium style finish which looks like it's machine engraved but is actually coated in a soft grip feel coating.
The fire button is finished in a lovely rose gold with the three menu buttons lined up smartly under the clear mono screen. Top and bottom buttons are your cursor buttons with the middle button allowing access into the various menu settings.
It's simple, classic and beautifully designed.

There's a full 220w at your disposal here via the new axon chip.
This new chip is fantastic and offers the new pulse setting which when using the supplied tank or low ohm coils really gives an incredible vape by constantly pulsing the power while your holding the fire button (you really notice the difference against the normal hit and power drop off that's normal.
I used some glas "sugar cookie" in the tank and it's easily the best it's ever tasted with the mesh coil.
You also have a very clever coil recognition system that identifies the coil you've used and automatically sets the mod to the optimal setting.
You also get an eco setting that minimizes power consumption all round to give you the longest vape time between charging. Charging is super fast with a 2.5amp charge board inside. This charge circuit is very clever and balances the cells plus gives a real time charge level and time for each cell while in charge mode.

The best news is rather like the PlayStation 2 allowed you to play PlayStation games on it. The GEN has the entire omni 4.2 board available as well in a submenu. This was already possibly the most advanced board available allowing you to customize every element of your vaping experience while on the go, from every kind of tc to power curves, bypass and tons more.
A 25mm tank sits nicely on-board the centrally placed 510 which is held solid.
WP_20190802_21_34_18_Pro.jpg

The battery compartment is very well marked and held in place with strong magnets so that it's invisible while in use.
WP_20190802_21_32_50_Pro.jpg

I won't go too far into the SKRR tank as I've reviewed it previously with the luxe nano kit but I believe this is the most powerful and flavour full tank around. Dead easy to use too.
WP_20190802_21_33_52_Pro.jpg

Last year was an awesome year for vaporesso. They released some of the most advanced and useable gear available and definitely topped my best of list with the armour pro.
I've loved using this as it's so simple to understand and navigate. The only negative I can find is if you have a light grip, you may find the coating a little slippy.

Don't be intimidated by the amount of tech available here. You can simply put some juice in and the mod pretty much does the rest automatically or you can tinker with every element if you want to.
Vaporesso have just beaten the best in my opinion. If your into your higher power vaping or just want some serious battery life and flexibility.
This is the mod for you.
Huge thanks again to the lovely folks at vaporesso for letting me play.

You can grab one here from vaporesso
https://www.vaporesso.com/gallery/gen
Or from your favourite vape shop. Nice.

Last edited:
Good stuff. Like I commented to Waitforit, that mod looks very well made. Stylish one could say.

great review as always mate.
i do like the sound of the auto detect on coils which sets the wattage for you. but the question is where does it set the wattage to between the recommended wattage range. does it set it at the lower range so as to burn in the coil or straight into 40-50watts

great review as always mate.
i do like the sound of the auto detect on coils which sets the wattage for you. but the question is where does it set the wattage to between the recommended wattage range. does it set it at the lower range so as to burn in the coil or straight into 40-50watts
It's always around the recommended wattage which could be a negative to those who like to break them in gentle.
I will have a play later with various tanks to see where it recommends me.
I must admit I've enjoyed the pulse feature but am trying to keep this glas juice going to see when the coil gives in and then switch to normal wattage with another of the same type coils to see if there's any negative effects but so far it's lasting bloody well.
These vaporesso coils are flavour monsters though aren't they.
Definitely recommend for kicking any subtle juice up the pants but tread carefully with heavily flavoured liquid.

Great review, I'm particularly interested in Smart temp control,would be nice to try that.
I hope Vaporesso will do smaller single bat mod with same or similar board(with lower max wattage output of course) as I'm not fan of big mods

Great review as always, personally I would prefer to pick my own coil watts but thats no biggie as long as the option is there and that the pulse mode works once youve done that.

Great review as always, personally I would prefer to pick my own coil watts but thats no biggie as long as the option is there and that the pulse mode works once youve done that.
Yeah. It caters for the likes of us with more features than a DNA board but 99% of vapers want to plug and play, which this will do straight out of the box. Even to the extent of the ramp down tech when you over vape a normal coil so it prevents the possibility of a dry hit at all times.
Slip into the omni board mode and you can use it however you want. Even creating your own power curves throughout your draw.

Great review, I'm particularly interested in Smart temp control,would be nice to try that.
I hope Vaporesso will do smaller single bat mod with same or similar board(with lower max wattage output of course) as I'm not fan of big mods
The armour pro is still a belter, especially in the steel finish. Loved that mod plus it took 21700's without being clunky.

Thank you for the review, I'm using a Vaporesso Gen atm and it also bounces well ... dropped it (on carpet) last night no damage :)

Back
Top Bottom