What's new

Vaporesso Gen S Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
@Vaporesso sent me this to review.

20200727_090630.jpg

The Gen S kit

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/gen-s

It's a 220w dual 18650 mod with more functions on it than you can shake a stick at. I never did get the original gen, even though I must've had it in an online basket about 4 or 5 times. I always bought something else and now I'm wondering why. I don't know what the upgrade is for the Gen S but I'll try to give as much info as I can.

In the box you get the following:

1 x GEN S mod
1 × NRG-S tank (8ml)
1 × GT4 Meshed coil
1 × GT Meshed coil
1 × Extra glass tube (5ml)
4 x O-rings
1 × Micro USB cable
1 × User manual
1 x Warranty card

Obviously the tpd version will differ.

20200727_090543.jpg

I try to figure out things as I go along so no manual reading for me.

The fire button is a nice rose gold colour that you click 5 times to turn on or off and there are 3 smaller adjustment buttons below the screen, the middle of which is a menu button that you have to click 3 times to get into the menu.

The functions on the mod are as follows:

Pulse mode - this mode 'pulses' the coil every 0.02 seconds to give a more even draw. It really does work well to give that little bit more flavour and vapour.

Power eco - I assume this helps save the battery. It results in a little less intensity in the draw but could be useful if you're caught outside on low battery.

Smart tc - This is what it suggests. The mod recognises what type of material the coil is made of and adjusts accordingly.

DIY mode - has it's own sub menu. There's VW mode, you can choose between soft, normal or hard. VT mode, which is the usual tc mode where you can select coil material and adjust wattage and temp to suit. VV mode for voltage adjustment if that's how you roll. CCW mode for adjustment of the power curve if you wish. Bypass mode. Super Player mode, this lets you open up the resistance range of the mod for use of rdas etc (although why you'd build a coil at 0.03 ohms I don't know, also 5 ohms at the other end?). Whew.

But there's more. There's a system set menu which lets you change the brightness, reset the puff counter, turn on smart VW which will automatically set the wattage when you change a coil, turn on auto eco mode which turns eco mode on at about 30% battery power, flip the screen, return to default settings and finally a setting that lets you check what firmware you're on. And breathe.

20200727_090609.jpg

Some things ive noticed that I like about the Gen S are:

A percentage for the batteries instead of just a battery bar. The amount of times I've reckoned my batteries need charged only to pop them in the charger and find they're at about 30% is astounding. This makes it much easier to track.

Wattage adjustment. I noticed this on the gtx one as well. A tap to go up 0.1, hold a little longer to go up 1 watt at a time. No furious tapping.

The battery cover. The magnets are seriously strong. You have to get a nail in a little groove at the bottom to open up the cover. Probably wouldn't stay closed if you dropped it but still...

I also like the style of the mod. It's quite minimal. The dimpled grip makes it easy to hold and the branding isn't splashed all over the cover like other mods.

Battery life is decent. On a par with other dual 18650 mods I own but the bonus is as above with a percentage showing on the battery bar.

You also get the nrg-s tank bundled in with the kit. It's a sub ohm tank that takes the GT family of coils and there are a few to choose from. In the kit you get the GT mesh coil installed in the tank and it goes from 50w - 85w. I'm liking it about 60w personally. You also get a GT4 mesh coil which runs from 50 75w and again about 60w is right for me.

The tank is really nice. There's a slide to fill mechanism at the top and it opens easy, a bit too easy if you catch it by mistake. I've flicked juice on myself twice now but it's been fine in my pocket so far. The airflow is good, not restricted but not too airy. The flavour is great, really nice. I don't know if it's the coils or the design but it's a cracking tank for flavour.

20200727_090522.jpg

Overall I really like the Gen S. It's got a lot of functions that I will probably experiment with once or twice and not look at again but it is nice to have them to tinker with. It looks good, feels good in the hand and the included tank is a cracker.

Finally, Vaporesso asked me to note something about their recent IPO. I was unsure whether to add this but they have been very good to folks on the forum recently.

You can stop reading now if you like.

On July 10, 2020, VAPORESSO's parent company, the world’s biggest vaping device provider, Smoore has become the first in the vaping industry to announce an IPO in Hong Kong, with a total market value of over 21.8 billion USD - triple the estimated value before IPO.

Since founding in 2006, Smoore already has more than 600 R&D personnel over 1,500 patents and also over 13 factories.

Synonymizing with high quality, SMOORE has obtained its professionalism in atomization technology, and developing cutting-edge ceramic heating elements, which has been passed down to its sub-brand Vaporesso products such as VECO, ZERO, LUXE and the GEN family - cover the full range of open-system vapes and fulfil the various needs from vapers.

So far, along with SMOORE, VAPORESSO's business has spread to more than 60 countries and regions around the world and has established a substantial brand influence in Europe, America, and emerging markets."

Last edited:
Man, what a good looking kit. One of the best matchy kits I´ve ever seen. Put a nice golden drip tip, matching the liquid and the fire button, there and you got a masterpiece!... and if you vape it in a Subaru Impreza RB22, well, you can die calm :D
Matching-matching in godlike mode.
Subaru_Impreza_22B_STi.jpg

The Gen mod... nothing to say, everybody knows they are good.
That new NRG tank, another nice sub-ohm tank with tons of coil options. I have to say I vape those particular coils at 60w too.
If Vaporesso could put the wicking material from the GT4 dual mesh into the GT Mesh, that would create the best coil ever created in this coil format. Maybe even better than the X1 supermesh from Geekvape (and that is near to a perfect coil IMHO)

Shit, I love dual batt kits from this people. Still a 2x21700 to come ;) ;)

@Gitchy , mate, proper review. Briefy, good pics,... nice to read.

Very good review, clearly explained and informative , enjoyed reading it thank you.:2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom