What's new

vaporesso Gen nano kit/GTX mini tank

My first mod was an iStick 20 .. that had a built in battery. After week I bought a second mod because it was a pain the arse keeping it charged. I hate 18650's too though, so maybe I just hate charging batteries full stop.
One of the many reasons I went to MTL. Was constantly charging batteries on the old cloud chuggers. Pain in the arse.

I quite like internal battery mods, the missus is still using an Istick 30 that’s at least four years old in rotation with a Istick T80, I use a T80 and an old Coolfire regularly they just go on and on forever and I pick them up overlooking fancier mods I’ve got, the T80 is a cracker it charges in a hour and lasts me well over a day at 11 watts and I picked the two up for less than £40.
I like the form and size of the Gen Nano but I think they’re a bit pricey in the UK at £40 mod only, LPV have the for €34 but why is the fire button that funny golden colour, I can’t cope with that.

...although I'm not sure a 2000 mAh battery would last me until bedtime anyway. :)
Seems surprisingly economical. Possibly the pulse feature (See the review for the big gen. Not going through that lot again).
I vape a lot, probably too much tbh and it's got me through the day with the 0.8 coil and had some left in the tank. Coolfire was the same. Perhaps it's the make up of the battery as I've a DNA 200 with a Lipo with a low mah rating but it lasts ages.
I can't be arsed to look into it but I'm sure sirlugg did a lipo v 18650 year's back which explained the chemistry (you'll understand I'm distracted as I'm playing with a little fender mustang currently, looking at popping some irongrear's in a bit lol).
Definitely would be On my pocket rocket radar if the hastur mod wasn't so damned sexy.

Last edited:
Great review @eyeball kid. Thanks for remembering me. I’m quite excited about this landing on my door. I’ve become quite the Vaporesso fan girl of late :) I’ll PM you now. Thanks again.
No worries coolie. I will be doing a big post next week when mrs kid gets her hair cut finally. Staying put till then as Swindon is covid central currently.

I wonder whether manufacturers have considered the possibility that if it's someone's first mod, likely it'll be their only mod.

Surely it'd be a better idea to get new vapers to be aware of battery safety rather than giving them the idea that it's ok to constantly be charging directly to the Mod. I know in theory this shouldn't really be an issue with regulated devices, but there's no harm in getting into good habits from the off.

I'll shut up now.
That's always been innokins view. Battery safety should be the responsibility of the manufacturer. I agree it's a better option as long as the !manufacturer is on top of things.
I despise external charging but I know it's the safest option (theoretically until a cell explodes and sets your house on fire, lol).
That's why I've switched to the easy mods for daily drivers. No usb to be tempted by.

Nice review mate. I'll miss your reviews on here.

I'm using the nano jut now and you're right, the battery is pretty economical for the size of it. Was my main worry about the mod but it's holding up quite well on the 0.2 coil so far.

I should say actually. Vaporesso have done brilliantly over the last couple of years that I've been reviewing them.
They where one of those small names that produced nice looking kit but you where never sure if you should take a punt as they came out of nowhere so you weren't sure if they would disappear leaving you high and dry like dozens of other's.
Used to see loads of random names on gear best back in the day.
When I was handing my key's in they announced they'd just floated on the hk stock market making them the biggest player in vaping for sure.
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...urce=nl&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=nid-8212
Fair play vaporesso.

That's always been innokins view. Battery safety should be the responsibility of the manufacturer. I agree it's a better option as long as the !manufacturer is on top of things.
I despise external charging but I know it's the safest option (theoretically until a cell explodes and sets your house on fire, lol).
That's why I've switched to the easy mods for daily drivers. No usb to be tempted by.
Said it before, but I unwittingly cut my teeth on a mech squonker. I honestly didn't have a clue what I was doing with regards to battery safety, resistance etc...

I learned the hard way. Fortunately no harm done, but I was lucky. I'd nodded off pissed on the couch, woke up, went to grab the mech and the RDA had flames coming out of it. I made it my business to make myself aware of all that business, even though I only use regulated devices these days. The importance of battery safety should never be underestimated in this lark.

No worries coolie. I will be doing a big post next week when mrs kid gets her hair cut finally. Staying put till then as Swindon is covid central currently.

Absolutely. Stay safe and in your own time. Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom