What's new

vaporesso Gen nano kit/GTX mini tank

eyeball kid

Legend
WP_20200712_22_56_32_Pro.jpg

As I've previously said these are my last reviews but as they all arrived at eyeball tower's around the same time I'm afraid they've taken a little longer than usual but I prefer to give the kit a decent trial than just phone in a review.
For full disclosure this was supplied for the purpose of testing by the kind folks at @Vaporesso.
What you get.
1 x Gen Nano Mod
1 × GTX Tank 22 (3.5ml or 2ml tpd)
1 × GTX 0.2Ω MESH coil1 × GTX 0.6Ω MESH coil
1 × Glass tube (2ml)
3 x O-rings
1 × Micro-USB cable
1 × GTX coil info card1 x User manual1 x Warranty card
Total mod size is 115mm x 40mm (ish) x 24mms (again ish) the mod is actually 70mms tall in itself.
Long and short is this little fella is smaller than a credit card.
Battery is internal, 2 amp charging with the older style usb it's 2000 mah so not far off the average 18650.
Output runs from 5w to 80w. The screen is about 20mm long.
The tank is a 22mm and about 49mms tall and 2mls with the standard glass or 3.5mls with the bell glass which brings the tank width out to match the mod.
WP_20200712_22_57_56_Pro.jpg

This is one dinky fella. It reminds me of the little coolfire platform in size but packs way more tech on board using the vaporesso axon board.
This mod is so feature rich I'm going to refer you to my previous review of the larger gen 200w mod as the feature are exactly the same. The great auto set and dry hit prevention software remains in full force here. Quite some trick in getting so much inside this little kit. Tc is fully covered as is the ability to build your own power curves.
The mod has the same rubberized coating which prevents finger prints and aids grip. The only downside I remember from The original was liquid can stain the area around the 510 pm lighter colours.
Improving on the original design is The side mounted usb point which almost disappears and helps keep The face plate looking cleaner.
Vaporesso have also added an extra button beneath the plus and minus function buttons to make accessing the menu that little bit easier which is a very smart choice with so many features on board.
WP_20200712_22_57_35_Pro.jpg

The tank is as exciting as the mod. It doesn't look massively exciting... It looks like a little sub ohm tank but the kicker is it takes the gtx range of coils which we've seen recently in the target pm pod mod range and I believe are the best stock coils on the market currently (only the voopoo 0.15 pnp coil is in the same league).The
So you have a choice of 1.2ohm, 0.8ohm (both aimed at mtl vaping), 0.6ohm for restricted dtl and 0.3 & 0.2ohm for full dtl vaping.
That's a great range and all of the gtx coils have performed fantastically for me. Flavour is excellent (strangely it's best across the range in the 70%vg area). It should be noted that 70% vg even wicks just fine in the little 1.2ohm coils with the dry hit firmware as a catch net should you chain vape excessively.
Filling is a simple too screw which once removed leaves just the glass section open to offer the largest gap for filling.
The airflow is bottom ring based as usual and fully open offers just the hunt of a restriction which is amazing considering the compact nature of the tank.
You can't really get a propper tight mtl vape and really rely on the restriction of the coil but it's perfect for those who enjoy an airy mtl. (Vaporesso offer a matching mtl tank that accepts the GTX coils for a true restricted mtl vape).

Big thumbs up again I'm afraid. Amazing bit of kit that can be as simple to use as any pod or as advanced as any DNA based mod.
Battery should give you a full day for all using up to the 0.6ohm coils.
Only negative is I've seen the colours rub off the fire button over time but that is about it I'm afraid.
Big thanks to @Vaporesso for all the kit they've let me review over the year's. Been fun.
Find one at your favourite vape shop or check out the vaporesso site.
https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/gen-nano

This one's off to our own @coolie so if you can pm me your a day again coolie it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Probably a bit on the airy side for me, but I might pick the mod up at some stage. Thanks for all the reviews have done @eyeball kid . Much appreciated.

Nice review @eyeball kid. Had me eye on the mod, but for some reason, the internal battery put me off. I know it shouldn't matter with MTL, but the idea of leaving it charging overnight bothers me.

Nice review @eyeball kid. Had me eye on the mod, but for some reason, the internal battery put me off. I know it shouldn't matter with MTL, but the idea of leaving it charging overnight bothers me.

I wouldn't charge it over night, I think you are right to be cautious about that.

I've never thought about that before but if it was your only mod then I guess that could be an issue.

...although I'm not sure a 2000 mAh battery would last me until bedtime anyway. :)

Great review @eyeball kid. Thanks for remembering me. I’m quite excited about this landing on my door. I’ve become quite the Vaporesso fan girl of late :) I’ll PM you now. Thanks again.

I wouldn't charge it over night, I think you are right to be cautious about that.

I've never thought about that before but if it was your only mod then I guess that could be an issue.
I wonder whether manufacturers have considered the possibility that if it's someone's first mod, likely it'll be their only mod.

Surely it'd be a better idea to get new vapers to be aware of battery safety rather than giving them the idea that it's ok to constantly be charging directly to the Mod. I know in theory this shouldn't really be an issue with regulated devices, but there's no harm in getting into good habits from the off.

I'll shut up now.

I wonder whether manufacturers have considered the possibility that if it's someone's first mod, likely it'll be their only mod.

Surely it'd be a better idea to get new vapers to be aware of battery safety rather than giving them the idea that it's ok to constantly be charging directly to the Mod. I know in theory this shouldn't really be an issue with regulated devices, but there's no harm in getting into good habits from the off.

I'll shut up now.

My first mod was an iStick 20 .. that had a built in battery. After week I bought a second mod because it was a pain the arse keeping it charged. I hate 18650's too though, so maybe I just hate charging batteries full stop.

Back
Top Bottom