What's new

Vapor Storm Trip Kit

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
As per the thread title, for your perusal is the Vapor Storm Trip kit, kindly sent over by Ella over @Sourcemore
https://www.sourcemore.com/vapor-storm-trip-vape-kit.html

tripinsta.jpg

On to VS’ latest kit the “Trip” consisting of a dual 18650, 200w capable mod and the updated Hawk tank, now the creatively named trip tank. The kit will be available in 4 colours, black, silver, blue and red

In the box,

trip mod, trip tank, 2 mesh coils, tank spares, bubble glass, usb cable and a manual

IMG_20190923_121057.jpg

Starting up top of the trip tank is a delrin 510 fitment tip, secured by an oring on the tip
Under the tip is the slide to fill, top fill, the top section is also the very short chimney section, securing to your coil
IMG_20190923_120943.jpg

Finally your base which holds the 0.2 supplied mesh coils, single mesh strip, the base also has the dual cyclops style airflow holes, with slight knurling on the afc
IMG_20190923_121306.jpg

Now I’ve tried a few sub tanks in my time, especially looking at a few of these kits, I have to say this isn’t up there with the better options available these days, it feels like an afterthought tbh. The look of it basic at best and the blue doesn’t match the mod, which should really be a given if you’re going to make them a kit. The flavour is passable, you will have to put at least 60w through them I found, even though the recommended watts are 20 - 80, it’s not going to have you selling all your other gear and purely using these by any means, a back up at most. On to the worst part, the noise this makes, whistles of multiple different pitches, really quite amazing how you can get it to make so many different sounds, these can be slightly lessened by reducing the power of your inhale and cutting the airflow down half way, but doesn’t really do too much

The Trip mod itself, 200w capable, dual 18650 of a combination of what VS say is an “aerometal” safe to say that’s a grade of aluminium shell, which according to them is cnc milled and pc internals. This combination makes the mod extremely lightweight weighing only 90g without cells, along with being rather small 85mm tall x 51mm wide and 26mm thick
IMG_20190923_121602.jpg

Up top is the centralised 510 held in place with 3 screws
IMG_20190923_121405.jpg

Down the face of the mod is the power button, under which is the screen 0.9 inch oled, 2 adjustment buttons and the usb, all the buttons being the same material and finish of the mod
IMG_20190923_121502.jpg

As said the 0.9 oled is your screen with the standard layout, the UI is very simple to use as their board is very simplistic in design, holding the up & down buttons will make the top right of the screen highlight, then you can select your prefered mode. There is the standard NI200, TI & SS tc functions along with a TCR mode , custom curve and bypass
It will also fire down to 0.06 in standard power mode
Also has your standard protections a ten second puff cutoff, low voltage, reverse battery & overheat
IMG_20190923_121702.jpg

Battery tray is accessed by taking off the back door which is held in place with 2 magnets, battery orientation is marked on the tray
IMG_20190923_121834.jpg
IMG_20190923_121754.jpg

The Trip mod, I know what you’re thinking in terms of it’s look, it looks like a suitcase, right? That was my first thought when I saw this and apparently that’s what they were going for, hence the name as well. The looks aside, personal preference and all, I really like the feel of this mod in the hand, the anodised ali case is great,it has a nice texture to it, it’s definitely a nicer material than the standard zinc alloy. It also makes it extremely lightweight also a plus or negative depending how you like your mods. The centralised 510 I have had zero issues with, the only negative being that the biggest atties that sit flush will be 24mm, couple of mm extra would have been better.

The battery door fits well with no movement, however the battery tray itself is a little tight fitting, snagging a battery wrap, so one to watch out for, sure this will loosen up over time

The board performs well, has some punchy power delivery and the UI is easy to navigate, but I wouldn’t recommend this for the settings, straight power? Then yeah, but there are other boards more capable at the other settings and the settings you can change are quite hard see due to them only being a part of the the main screen

All in all, I enjoyed using the mod alot, I definitely think they can work on this to, as a base to make something that bit better next time, hoping they stick with the Ali. A nice lightweight, well made, simple to use mod, that packs the punchy power. The tank, not so much, so many choices on that front though, just doesn’t deliver

Cheers for reading & thanks again to Ella over
@Sourcemore

Oh and I’ll give this kit away here on this thread, kind of a bonus for anyone who reads these, really appreciate it, usual fashion drop your names on a list

Cracking review again mate [emoji4] love the look of the suitcase mod it's nice to see a mod that's not all sharp edges and shiny for a change, tank looks like dog shit in the pics so I'm not surprised to read it's dog shit [emoji23]

As per the thread title, for your perusal is the Vapor Storm Trip kit, kindly sent over by Ella over @Sourcemore
https://www.sourcemore.com/vapor-storm-trip-vape-kit.html

View attachment 201173

On to VS’ latest kit the “Trip” consisting of a dual 18650, 200w capable mod and the updated Hawk tank, now the creatively named trip tank. The kit will be available in 4 colours, black, silver, blue and red

In the box,

trip mod, trip tank, 2 mesh coils, tank spares, bubble glass, usb cable and a manual

View attachment 201165

Starting up top of the trip tank is a delrin 510 fitment tip, secured by an oring on the tip
Under the tip is the slide to fill, top fill, the top section is also the very short chimney section, securing to your coil
View attachment 201164
Finally your base which holds the 0.2 supplied mesh coils, single mesh strip, the base also has the dual cyclops style airflow holes, with slight knurling on the afc
View attachment 201166

Now I’ve tried a few sub tanks in my time, especially looking at a few of these kits, I have to say this isn’t up there with the better options available these days, it feels like an afterthought tbh. The look of it basic at best and the blue doesn’t match the mod, which should really be a given if you’re going to make them a kit. The flavour is passable, you will have to put at least 60w through them I found, even though the recommended watts are 20 - 80, it’s not going to have you selling all your other gear and purely using these by any means, a back up at most. On to the worst part, the noise this makes, whistles of multiple different pitches, really quite amazing how you can get it to make so many different sounds, these can be slightly lessened by reducing the power of your inhale and cutting the airflow down half way, but doesn’t really do too much

The Trip mod itself, 200w capable, dual 18650 of a combination of what VS say is an “aerometal” safe to say that’s a grade of aluminium shell, which according to them is cnc milled and pc internals. This combination makes the mod extremely lightweight weighing only 90g without cells, along with being rather small 85mm tall x 51mm wide and 26mm thick
View attachment 201169

Up top is the centralised 510 held in place with 3 screws
View attachment 201167

Down the face of the mod is the power button, under which is the screen 0.9 inch oled, 2 adjustment buttons and the usb, all the buttons being the same material and finish of the mod
View attachment 201168

As said the 0.9 oled is your screen with the standard layout, the UI is very simple to use as their board is very simplistic in design, holding the up & down buttons will make the top right of the screen highlight, then you can select your prefered mode. There is the standard NI200, TI & SS tc functions along with a TCR mode , custom curve and bypass
It will also fire down to 0.06 in standard power mode
Also has your standard protections a ten second puff cutoff, low voltage, reverse battery & overheat
View attachment 201170

Battery tray is accessed by taking off the back door which is held in place with 2 magnets, battery orientation is marked on the tray
View attachment 201172 View attachment 201171

The Trip mod, I know what you’re thinking in terms of it’s look, it looks like a suitcase, right? That was my first thought when I saw this and apparently that’s what they were going for, hence the name as well. The looks aside, personal preference and all, I really like the feel of this mod in the hand, the anodised ali case is great,it has a nice texture to it, it’s definitely a nicer material than the standard zinc alloy. It also makes it extremely lightweight also a plus or negative depending how you like your mods. The centralised 510 I have had zero issues with, the only negative being that the biggest atties that sit flush will be 24mm, couple of mm extra would have been better.

The battery door fits well with no movement, however the battery tray itself is a little tight fitting, snagging a battery wrap, so one to watch out for, sure this will loosen up over time

The board performs well, has some punchy power delivery and the UI is easy to navigate, but I wouldn’t recommend this for the settings, straight power? Then yeah, but there are other boards more capable at the other settings and the settings you can change are quite hard see due to them only being a part of the the main screen

All in all, I enjoyed using the mod alot, I definitely think they can work on this to, as a base to make something that bit better next time, hoping they stick with the Ali. A nice lightweight, well made, simple to use mod, that packs the punchy power. The tank, not so much, so many choices on that front though, just doesn’t deliver

Cheers for reading & thanks again to Ella over
@Sourcemore

Oh and I’ll give this kit away here on this thread, kind of a bonus for anyone who reads these, really appreciate it, usual fashion drop your names on a list
Good one mate. It amazes that manufacturers keep making the same tight same ole same ole battery compartments. How hard is it to make a recess in the compartment so your fingers can get a decent grasp on them without having to dig a nail in potentially damaging a wrap!? You'd think it was some mysterious unobtainable goal that needs NASA to figure it out.

Cracking review again mate [emoji4] love the look of the suitcase mod it's nice to see a mod that's not all sharp edges and shiny for a change, tank looks like dog shit in the pics so I'm not surprised to read it's dog shit [emoji23]

cheers, bang on about the tank , tried to be a bit more er ... diplomatic lol
nice little mod though

Good one mate. It amazes that manufacturers keep making the same tight same ole same ole battery compartments. How hard is it to make a recess in the compartment so your fingers can get a decent grasp on them without having to dig a nail in potentially damaging a wrap!? You'd think it was some mysterious unobtainable goal that needs NASA to figure it out.

think on this one is purely because there isnt much play in the spring loaded connections, should loosen up over time

it does seem like no one pushes for certain design aspects to be bang on, like around the start of 2015 all people wanted was a decent battery compartment, no rattles from buttons or battery doors , those were must haves, amazes me how some companies cant do it even now

think on this one is purely because there isnt much play in the spring loaded connections, should loosen up over time

it does seem like no one pushes for certain design aspects to be bang on, like around the start of 2015 all people wanted was a decent battery compartment, no rattles from buttons or battery doors , those were must haves, amazes me how some companies cant do it even now
Yeah, all the battery compartments I've seen in the past 12 mths have been really, innovative. :sleepy:
Yep, they're really pushing the boundaries. Tight box, tight box, tight box, tight box. Door movement, door movement, door move...:sleepy:
To be fair though Vsticks a goodie, Aegis and some others. But so many are so lazy and just churn out different colours, slight shape variations but nothing new or improved. Still, we are not being forced to buy them. :thumbup:

Funny, I was looking at one of these this morning to buy as a cheap mod but realised I would only be buying it for the sake of buying something so didn't bother.

Nice, honest review. Might wait and see what they do next and by then I might actually need (want) a new mod.

Well I'll enter then ;)

The tank might not get a whole lot of use, but I'm sure the mod would.

1. pdg

Cheers!

Funny, I was looking at one of these this morning to buy as a cheap mod but realised I would only be buying it for the sake of buying something so didn't bother.

Nice, honest review. Might wait and see what they do next and by then I might actually need (want) a new mod.

cheers mate, think the mod is worth it for sure, just really depends what you want it for tbh, so much choice nowadays hard to pin it down to one isnt it, think it's around $40 or £35 ish UK sites, get you name down, not much interest so a good chance of grabbing it

Back
Top Bottom