What's new

VapeFly Brunhilde 100w SBS Kit.

Astral

Achiever

VapeFly Brunhilde 100w SBS Kit.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device kindly provided to me by @Sourcemore and is not associated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

DSCF9490 (2).JPG

I’m in love. I shouldn’t be telling you this but I am.

You’re probably not interested but I don’t care any more, I love her.

She’s gorgeous, and it was love at first sight - from the first time I touched her I knew she was the one for me.

She’s everything I want and more. She’s enchanting, captivating, charismatic.

She’s got personality, vibrance and electrical magnetism.

She’s elegant, fragrant and radiant.

She’s got it all.

She’s Chinese by nationality but German by descent and has a few tattoos and a name to prove it, but language is no barrier. We communicate perfectly.

She’s wonderfully petite too. She’s only 52.4 x 27 x 84.8 mm, but that doesn’t matter either, she’s slender and curved in all the right places.

But don’t worry, I’m not talking about a woman here, or a robot girlfriend for that matter - although a robot girlfriend would be interesting, I’m odd like that - I’m talking about a new SBS kit from Vapefly and she’s wonderful - although she does take batteries… a single 18650, 27000 or 21700 to be precise.

She’s called Brunhilde and with her 100w output she packs a mean punch. She’s usually fairly placid, but with her variable wattage, bypass, SS316L, TI and NI200 temperature control modes you can wind her right up.

Her proportions are perfect too and her light-weight CNC machined aerospace aluminium body means she’s wonderfully malleable. It’s almost as if she was sent from the Gods.

Her skin is smooth and flawless, only her Germanic tattoos and circular fire and selection buttons provide any texture, although she does have cute dimples for her USB-C 5v/2amp charging port and ribbed battery tube - and a penchant for the optional rhinestone when dressed in pink, rose gold or red.

DSCF9491 (2).JPG DSCF9494 (2).JPG
DSCF9508 (2).JPG DSCF9500 (2).JPG

Like most of our loved ones though, she does tend to communicate through her derriere - and I don’t mean that in a bad way, that’s just where her screen is located.

Her (extremely) luminous 0.91in OLED panel attached to her shiny, flat base isn’t overly communicative but she’s brighter than the sun and imparts enough information for you to understand her - namely your wattage, your resistance and your battery life. But it doesn’t matter, we still understand each other perfectly - and she never makes you feel in any danger despite her capabilities.

DSCF9569 (2).JPG DSCF9495 (2).JPG

She might be as sturdy as a German wrestler, but with her 3S chip, short-circuit, reverse battery, low voltage, high-temperature, over-charge and 10 second cut-off protections you’re as snug as a bug in a rug with her.

The one one thing I did omit to mention from this little story though, is that she didn’t come alone. She’s already in a relationship - yep, she has a boyfriend.

His name is Kriemhild II and he’s a tank of a man. Some say he’s a bit war-like.

DSCF9530 (2).JPG DSCF9532 (2).JPG
DSCF9533 (2).JPG DSCF9537 (2).JPG

He’s a big boy at 25 x 51mm and 4ml in volume, but despite his size, he doesn’t scare me in the slightest.

In fact, I’m in love with him too. You could say we’re in a thoroughly modern ‘thrupling’.

Her, in her pink, rose gold, blue, red, silver gunmetal or black outfits; Him in his stainless steel or black.

I only hope I don’t look out of place with my pasty, uneven tones!

That said, this isn’t an issue for me at all.

We harmonise perfectly together.

He blows a bit hot and cold but that’s just his way. With his Freecore mesh 0.3ohm KA1 coil [40 - 45w] fitted he can be a bit cool, and with his 0.2ohm KA1 Freecore duplex mesh [45 - 60w] a little heated, but he’s always fruitful and productive - and Brunhilde is always the perfect conduit.

You can even build him up a bit on your own if you like with his optional RBA and RMC, and after buying him the 0.3ohm version of the latter, I can honestly tell you his flavour is every bit as good - just sublime - and well worth the little treat.

Sometimes he’s quiet, sometimes a little more vocal, but he’s always easy to manipulate. He can be a bit open at times but adjusting his collar soon cuts him down to size!

I do enjoy winding him up though but mostly we’re all in perfect harmony together and I don’t want to change a thing.

After all, we've all got so much in common - good vaping!

Me with my words, them with their employment.

We can sit up all night and do it - and all day too.

In fact, we get on so well together I’ve invited them to stay with me now.

They’ve brought all of their most treasured possessions with them: their KA1 0.2 ohm and 0.3 ohm FreeCore Mesh and Freecore Duplex Mesh Coils, their USB Type-C cable, 18650 battery adapter, spare 2ml glass tube, 510 and 810 drip tips plus some reading literature, all in some nice premium cardboard luggage.

DSCF9543 (2).JPG DSCF9597 (2).JPG

I was most impressed.

Really though, I just feel proud to have found myself in a relationship with two kindred spirits of such high-quality, pedigree stock.

They’re both so good looking, well CNC’d and buttoned up, they’re too good for me and I’m the odd one out here.

They deal with all my mood swings and demands for change with ease and never make my life difficult in any way.

If I take a fancy to a new ‘flavour of the month’, they’re fine with it and take it all in their stride, accommodating everything with aplomb.

They don’t even mind if I see others because they know I’ll always come back to them at night.

They don’t go out much, preferring to stay home, but if they do, they always draw attention wherever they go.

This is not a relationship for the solitary!

DSCF9560 (2).JPG DSCF9524 (2).JPG
DSCF9565 (2).JPG DSCF9592 (2).JPG

So with that, I’m a happy man again and my search for a robot girlfriend is taking a hiatus for a while.

It won’t stop me thinking about it though, and if you’re truly honest, it won’t stop you thinking about it either!

VapeFly and the German team have hit a home run with this one and batted it out of the park. I can honestly say there’s not a single thing I dislike about this kit and wouldn’t change a thing.

So much so, it’s now a mainstay of mine and I often admire it as an ornament - and how many vape kits can you say that about?

But this is more a piece of art, this is a piece of great engineering too. China and Germany can clearly work well together in perfect harmony, and long may it continue.

Well done Vapefly and the Germans, you’ve won. Just don’t let it go to penalties, China, or you’ll regret it...

If you'd like one, you can get one from @Sourcemore here for the special price of $66.88 using the code: SBSK.

DSCF9558 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Nice one mate, a thoroughly good read indeed! One thing I need you to clear up for me though, do you like it then? :D

Nice one mate, a thoroughly good read indeed! One thing I need you to clear up for me though, do you like it then? :D

Thanks @ForestMagpie. Well... It's alright I suppose... I can take it or leave it really... Lol.

I think I may have gone a little 'out there' in the write-up but it's my kit of the year by a long shot. Well worth anyone's cash. I honestly don't think anyone who buys one is going to be disappointed with it. There's not many you can genuinely say that about.

Thanks @ForestMagpie. Well... It's alright I suppose... I can take it or leave it really... Lol.

I think I may have gone a little 'out there' in the write-up but it's my kit of the year by a long shot. Well worth anyone's cash. I honestly don't think anyone who buys one is going to be disappointed with it. There's not many you can genuinely say that about.
Yeah I suspected you thought it was ok and I really enjoyed your write up. I got the tank earlier in the year and think it's fantastic and use it every day so glad to hear the mod is just the same.

Enjoyed reading that Astral. So nice to see you've found a couple you can get on with so well. When's the wedding?

Enjoyed reading that Astral. So nice to see you've found a couple you can get on with so well. When's the wedding?

Lol, thanks @Gitchy. We're living in sin at the moment. We're just waiting for the covid situation to clear up a bit so all my other mods can attend!

Great review @Astral . Very entertaining. I quite fancy your girlfriend but the boyfriend is too much of a brute for me.

Great review @Astral . Very entertaining. I quite fancy your girlfriend but the boyfriend is too much of a brute for me.

Thanks @rew. I got a little carried away on this one, I blame the tablets...

In all seriousness though, the Kriemheld II isn't anywhere near as brutish as you might think, it's really quite mild. It's not an MTL tank by any means but it's certainly not an overpowering DTL. The coils, wattage and draw are gentle enough for some MTLers to use if they fancy stepping up for a change.

I'm predominantly MTL myself and usually only 'go hot' for reviews but this is one I'm going to continue using for pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom