What's new

VandyVape x TonyB - Swell Kit - Violet

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
Swell what’ya wanna know

Vandy vape have been chucking some pretty decent bits of kit out into the vaping world lately and this is one of them another collaboration with TonyB and it sure is a fine piece of kit. They know what they are doing here and its great to see them in action again…only this time it’s washable…

resize_DSC_0099.JPG
resize_DSC_0100.JPG

Out the Box

Here we have the beautiful TonyB Project with VandyVape Swell Kit

The Squonk comes in of 12 different colour options all have black outer, but the panels are as follows; Violet, Rock Black, Swap Green, Wave Blue, Flame Red, Blue Iguana, Green Anaconda, Brown Alligator Snapper, Red Arowana, Obsidian Black, UK and USA. The mod retails at $89.99 USD and £65 GBP.

The battery requirements are two 18650.

The mod can reach up to 5-188w which works on VW, Bypass, V and TC. With the new fast-acting IP67 VandyVape chip it really is a fast responding and works a treat.

The included tank is the Swell Tank 4.5ml with two spare coils the triple mesh and single coil option.

The kit includes a USB charger which is standard throughout the vaping world.

Always at the bottom of the box is the user manuals along with a warranty card.

resize_DSC_0101.JPG

The Build

I still love this design and the lightness to it is fantastic one of my favourites go-to mods at the moment. The construction is made from PCB but has a rough finish which stops it from slipping out the hand. The magnetic panels are very strong. You do have to remove both to get the batteries out I suppose this is where it gets its compactness from. The mod is measuring in at 82x55x25mm. So, it isn’t much difference since last time. I like this feeling in the hand and how it doesn’t feel too big, however, this is in my hands which are a decent size.

The screen is a decent size and easy to read. Which can now be changed to suit various brightness? Used this mod in power mode as it really is the most used out there when I speak with fellow vapours hardly anyone is using TC mode anymore. I did find using this mod at a lower wattage was brilliant. The chip is the new one from VV and it sure is great and to have it coated to become fully IP67 is awesome love this idea a lot.

The buttons are very solid and there is no movement whatsoever I like them, there is no rattle at all which I'm pleased about I've said before rattle is a nightmare and a constant issue to me as a reviewer.

The tank is nice and works a treat I’ve tried both coils I’ve got to say its better airflow on the single-coil but I would have it much higher on wattage as it will be better in the long rung I managed a good 2 weeks but that went into reducing the wattage also. The airflow can be adjusted to have top of the coil flow, bottom or fully opening, again I find fully open to being the best in all choices, it does give a slight whistle now and again noisy beggar! The resin tip is great and looks a nice little finisher.

The App…comes on both android and iOS which is a good start…got to say it’s good that you can locate your mod but come on if that’s going to be the case then you seriously need to get a grip of that mod. The way you can alter the brightness and update the firmware is ideal in most case. You can alter your overall wattage and set up to be more bespoke and on point. Still not winning me over…

resize_DSC_0102.JPG
resize_DSC_0103.JPG
resize_DSC_0104.JPG
resize_DSC_0105.JPG
resize_DSC_0107.JPG
resize_DSC_0109.JPG
resize_DSC_0111.JPG

Pros

· Changeable panels

· Unique design per product (resin)

· Fires on the Button

· Easy to use

· Nice bright screen can be toned down too

· Super Lightweight

· Nice fit in the hand (mine that is)

· App function for the techies

Cons

· Have to remove both panels to swap batteries

· Airflow is a little noisy

· Pointless app function (my choice)

resize_DSC_0108.JPG

Conclude

So on using this mod, I like it... it is light and compact and I don't feel awkward carrying. I’ve got to say having another addition to the ranges I have it is just perfect and I’m glad I’ve had the chance to get this one reviewed.

This is one of the most compact dual battery devices for me and I’ve enjoyed using it. The tank isn’t the best combo but its nice and works a treat. The overall concept behind it is good that you're able to give it a good old scrub and get it nice a clean again I would be concerned in relation to the panels being washed but hey ho.

Techies I would bother with the app its nothing to shout about it is the first which is using this to my knowledge, but it isn’t what you need to be fair. I get it but who is going to sit there and play turning the wattage up etc. its best of manual.

Would I buy this? Most certainly only because its light and compact and works a treat I literally haven’t stopped using this for over 3 weeks it is convenient and looks awesome.

resize_DSC_0110.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – Vandy Vape x TonyB – Swell Mod - Violet
Tank – Vandy Vape – Swell Tank – Black
E-liquid – Juice Sauz – Chakra - Crown - 70/30 - 3mg Nic
Coils – VV – Single Coil – Mesh – 0.15ohm
Batteries – Sony VT5a and Golisi 30r

I would like to thank Ema from Sourcemore for supplying the Swell Kit for the purpose of this review.

Use code VAPINBOLT8 to get a further discount*

*this is not associated with any affiliates nor do I get any return this is purely linked to the sponsor of 'Vapin'Bolt Reviewer Tag' Vapin’ Bolt (@vapinbolt)

Back
Top Bottom