What's new

Vandy Vape Swell

nwhornet

Legend
Vandy Vape Swell

Thanks to Ella @Sourcemore for supplying the VandyVape Swell mod for review. The following review is based on my experience of using this mod & I have no affiliation to Sourcemore or POTV.

IMG_20191115_154914 1.jpg

In the box

The VV Swell comes packaged in a VandyVape branded box, sleeve cover with a picture of the mod on the front, contents list & features on the back & scratch ‘n verify panel on the side. There are 12 different panel versions available, ranging from UK/USA flags through to resin type swirls. The panels are interchangable but at time of writing hadn’t found any available separately. The body is a matt black dense plastic called PCBA that feels solid & durable while still being lightweight. There is no flexing which is a good sign & the panels fit well with no movement & held securely by the decent sized magnets. Along with being tough it boasts a waterproof, easy to clean surface for when those leaking juice accidents occur. The 510 is not quite centred but can accommodate up to 26mm RDA/RTAs without overhang.

IMG_20191115_154556 1.jpg

Features;

• Max Wattage: 188w
  • Size: 82mm*26mm*55mm
  • Dual 18650 batteries (Not Included)
  • Water Resistant Design
  • Small and light, easy to carry
  • Built In Safety Protections
  • Bluetooth connectivity
Package Contents;

• 1x Swell Box Mod by Vandy Vape
  • 1x User Guide
  • 1x USB Cable

In Use

As is the norm, 5 clicks on the fire button turn on/off the mod. 3 clicks allow you to scroll through Watt/Volts/Bypass/TC(Ti, Ni, SS) & Turbo. These options are turned on/off in the Main settings menu accessed by holding the Up/Down buttons.

In the Main menu, the settings for all the various functions are available including Sleep time, screen brightness & UI colour, puff counter reset plus firmware version & factory reset.
This mod also has Bluetooth for using the companion app (downloadable for iPhone & Android) which allows full access to the options available on the mod. Once downloaded to your mobile, open the app & pair to the mod. I did have a couple of issues due to me declining all the options to access phone, contacts etc. Once I allowed access connection was straight forward & no fuss. As noted access to all settings are available allowing you to tinker with power or temp etc.
Screenshot_20191105-222801.jpg Screenshot_20191105-222811.jpg Screenshot_20191105-222823.jpg Screenshot_20191105-222831.jpg
Nice to show off to friends but maybe a bit gimmicky, but at least this worked, unlike Yihis attempt for the G Class. One good feature is the Anti Loss function, so you’ll never misplace your mod. If you move out of range there’s an alert on the phone or you can’t remember where you left it, pressing the retrieve button makes the mod emit a sound to aid location. Firmware updates are also via the BT function & the one I did happened very quickly & smoothly. In all the BT functionality worked well with no issues at all but I can see many people not bothering.

Battery life on a pair of Samsung 30Qs was good running around 70w all day but this is when I found the only real downside when swapping cells is the need to remove both panels.

Conclusion

IMG_20191115_155259 1.jpg

This is a surprisingly good mod, rugged without being a brick. It delivered power as expected & TC was decent enough on SS with no pulsing issues. All round a decent work horse mod ideal as a daily work carry & with the waterproof chip will scrub up clean (once batteries are removed). Buttons were solid, if a little too clicky for my liking, & responsive. Display is clear, bright & easy to read & functions all worked as expected. It would be nice if VV released more UI themes/colours but they are not the quickest with firmware updates. All in all a good all rounder with decent durability & one I would recommend to anybody wanting a daily beater.

Thanks again to Elle @Sourcemore for providing this item. There’s a pre Black Friday 10% discount site wide until 26/11/19 & the VV Swell can be found here https://www.sourcemore.com/vandy-vape-swell-vape-mod.html.

Last edited:
Never owned a mod with a turbo so think I'll get one ordered [emoji6] cracking review as always mate [emoji4]

Good review mate. Great to see another water proof (juice proof) mod. Hopefully becomes the norm one day. :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom