What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The Squid Trouble Barrel V3

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
Disclaimer: This is a blah blah purchased with money blah sent blah blah and stuff. ZT feltches goats.

With any luck this thread will end at the first post. With more luck, it'll continue as I document the endless problems encountered with a mod that has no right to exist.

Why? I owned a Double Barrel V3 and it proved to be the biggest pile of shit I've ever owned in 8 years of vaping. It was replaced with a TAC21 (same Squid man, same Squid company), and that was either poorly designed or poorly made.

It's no secret that these are Chinese mods. Squid bloke may like to harp on about his military service on the box, but he sure isn't patriotic when it comes to supporting the American manufacturing sector. No, these things are mass produced in the Land Of the Rising No.41 with fried rice - and then they had a premium price tag slapped on them.

IMG_1798.jpg

There are two types of people in this world: those who learn from their mistakes and move on and those who get court orders preventing them from being within 5 miles of an Ex because they can't come to terms with reality.

I know which one I am.

Wearing a tracking tag that notifies your whereabouts to the police is a lot similar to owning a DBV3. Or maybe it isn't. Maybe it's like contracting a form of syphilis that isn't responsive to treatment. Or maybe not. I don't know - it's been a long week and I'm all out of analogies.

It comes in a box like the V2, but unlike the one that caused the V2 to cost £90-odd, this box must be made of cheaper cardboard because I only paid £30.99 for this one.

It has the same instruction manual, the same scratch plates, and the same click mechanism to change power, rotate screen and lock the settings. It has a different battery door, one that is similar to the TAC21.

And, for the DIY enthusiasts, a blank quality control inspection card that you can fill in yourself.

IMG_1799.jpg

There are three types of people in this world: ones who appreciate great art (like what Tracey Emin makes), ones who appreciate great design (like Northampton's triumphant homage to Brutalism [link]) and the blind.

You need to be blind to like any of the four colour schemes this new V3 comes in. Not being blind is a real disadvantage during use unless you have huge hands that cover the mod up.

Will this prove to be decent in use? Who knows. Thirty quid, a pair of very dark glasses and a flight to Amsterdam booked, I aim to find out.

IMG_1801.jpg

That thing gives your pantaloons a run for their money :D. Might look better after a fairy cake or two & a double espresso :rotflmao:

That thing gives your pantaloons a run for their money :D. Might look better after a fairy cake or two & a double espresso :rotflmao:

I'm currently wearing some fashionable Marvel pyjama bottoms. It features three of the Avengers and Spiderman. It's the same kind of flawed thinking that went into the original DB mods.

My wife entered the room and said, and I quote, "Fuck me! Is that your new mod? It's fucking hideous." Her eloquence is one of the reasons she helps run a local hospital.

I thought for a minute that at least it's unlikely to get nicked with that colour - but then again you are going to Amsterdam...

I'm currently wearing some fashionable Marvel pyjama bottoms. It features three of the Avengers and Spiderman. It's the same kind of flawed thinking that went into the original DB mods.

My wife entered the room and said, and I quote, "Fuck me! Is that your new mod? It's fucking hideous." Her eloquence is one of the reasons she helps run a local hospital.
She speaks the truth :D

God that's hideous, leave it with your Amsterdamage.
If you bring it back, I have a golden hammer...
golden-hammer-2738421.jpg

I still haven't worked out why they named a mod after a Dave and Ansell Collins song.

Looking forward to the rant when it inevitably packs in at the least opportune moment.

yuk.jpeg

24 hours in and this thing just keeps seeming uglier.

It started off at Mike Tyson kinda ugly - but now it seems uglier than the black heart of Piers Morgan. I'm struggling to comprehend how ugly it's going to seem by tomorrow.

It seems like it is slowly getting larger too. I remember the V2 as being a tiny thing considering it was a dual battery...which was also probably the cause of most of its problems. It's gaining mass and heft like snowball. Come tomorrow I'll be vainly attempting to pick it up with two hands and a forklift truck.

I'm trying to imagine the scenario where I'd go "You know what, I'm delighted I brought this mod out with me". Or rather, I'm trying to imagine a scenario that doesn't involve me beating off a gang of thugs while I'm using it as a makeshift weapon.

But then I'd not need to use it as a weapon. I'd just hold it up and they'd be all "Damn fam, dat shit is uglier than yo mama", and run off.

I'm so street.

And the first person to pass comment on me beating off a gang of blokes can put themselves on block.

View attachment 204773

24 hours in and this thing just keeps seeming uglier.

It started off at Mike Tyson kinda ugly - but now it seems uglier than the black heart of Piers Morgan. I'm struggling to comprehend how ugly it's going to seem by tomorrow.

It seems like it is slowly getting larger too. I remember the V2 as being a tiny thing considering it was a dual battery...which was also probably the cause of most of its problems. It's gaining mass and heft like snowball. Come tomorrow I'll be vainly attempting to pick it up with two hands and a forklift truck.

I'm trying to imagine the scenario where I'd go "You know what, I'm delighted I brought this mod out with me". Or rather, I'm trying to imagine a scenario that doesn't involve me beating off a gang of thugs while I'm using it as a makeshift weapon.

But then I'd not need to use it as a weapon. I'd just hold it up and they'd be all "Damn fam, dat shit is uglier than yo mama", and run off.

I'm so street.

If/when you get mugged in Amsterdam, use it as a flare.

Back
Top Bottom