What's new

Teslacigs Wye II

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Right apes we are back again with a hardware review. Trying to clear the backlog.

This was sent out for the purpose of this review so thanks to @Sourcemore for the chance to check out this kit. All the opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

Teslacigs Wye II

20190103_203204.jpg

Kit contents.

1 X Wye II MOD
1 X Resin tank
2 x coils
Spare straight glass and o rings
USB cable
And all the bits of paper no one looks.

So let's take a look at the tank

20190103_203250.jpg

The resin tank comes fitted with the bubble glass giving you a 6ml capacity or 4ml with the straight glass. Both the coils are mesh which seems to be becoming standard for stock coils these days. It is top fill with a removable top giving you two large fill ports. It has dual bottom airflow controlled by the airflow control ring. It's a resin tank and drip tip so it's all matchy matchy.

Wye II MOD

20190103_203204.jpg

it's a dual 18650 mod with a max 215w.

Wattage range is 7-215
Resistance range is 0.1ohm-3.0 ohm

Removable back panel which pushes into place no magnets and no rattle at all.

20190103_203234.jpg

It's made of PC and ABS. At first I thought it was a bit plasticity looking butit has grown on me and seems to be better made than other plasticity mods I have seen and used.

5 clicks on and off
3 clicks let's you go through the power settings so you can adjust soft medium and hard along with locking the ohms.
Press + and - locks the power

I have been enjoying using the mod although at the beginning the ohms was jumping around the place and it was constantly asking me if it was a new or same coil. I can only put this down to the coil bedding in. I have used an rta and a different stock coil tank on it with no issues and once the ohms settled I have not had any problems. It was a bit frustrating as when you went to vape you had to select same coil. But after half an hour or so it was fine. The battery cover really pushes into place nice and secure. It really is a light mod. Without the batteries or tank it is only 72g.

To be honest I never really thought much of teslacigs before as I didn't like the look of the steampunk mods at all but after using two of their later products it is a company I will be keeping an eye on.

Pros

Good flavour from the mesh coils
Lightweight mod
No rattle

Cons

The battery panel can be a bit of a pain to remove.
And the ohms jumping around to begin with was a bit of an annoyance.

Here is the link if you want to check it out yourself.

Currently priced at $55.60

https://www.sourcemore.com/tesla-wye-ii-215w-kit-with-resin-tank-black-red.html

Good one mate. That ohm's thing fully good now?

Yea not had it happen again apart from that first half an hour or so. Which I have just to down to the coil bedding in

Back
Top Bottom