What's new

Tesla Wye 2

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
Thanks to Cortana over @Healthcabin for sending this over for the purpose of review
https://www.healthcabin.net/tesla-wye-2-mod-p/20069.html
The Tesla Wye 2
teslawye2.1.jpg

TeslaEcigs has been a pretty well known name in the vape Industry for a fair few years now with a multitude of devices including mods, tanks and even pod systems. Usually bringing out pretty unique items and not the same run of the mill stuff , like the steampunk themed series and their range of pwm/vv mods to name a couple
teslawye2.4.jpg

So packing the plastic for this one, the Tesla wye 2 , a dual 18650, 215w device. Constructed of mainly abs & pc (minor slither of aluminium on the doors and a ss 510)
teslawye2.3.jpg

A very lightweight device a feather like 71.4g & 163.4g with 2 molicell p26a

Housing tesla’s own somewhat run of the mill, basic board, with a pretty standard layout . Your basic functions are there power and tc modes with a tcr option as is a custom curve and soft, normal and hard power delivery options

The shape of the device lets it sit nicely in the hand and the fire button is easy to locate with your index/trigger finger. The ss 510 is ever so slightly raised meaning a little gappage with some of your atties and giant chasms with others, 26mm or less otherwise you’ll get the ocd’ers nightmare of overhang

Can you kind of see where this is going lol, the pc/abs material just feels cheap and toy like, nothing similar to the first wye mod, the “wye 1” had a smooth textured feel, like a baby seal which made it feel more than a plastic box, it was also a nicer shape and size , all in contrast to the fisher price feeling wye 2

The board performance doesn’t seem as punchy either, having to put it in the Danny Dyer ‘ard mode to get the oomph needed, now I dont know it that’s entirely teslas fault or boards such as vaporessos omni are just that much better for me

I’ve had no issues with the push/click battery door, as I did have a slight worry about it when I realised it wasn’t magnetic, time will only tell how well the tabs hold up, also the negatives and positives need highlighting more on the battery tray(not just this tesla mod but most that use the same battery seating)
teslawye2.2.jpg

This one wouldn’t get a glowing recommendation for me , it’s not bad, just not anything like I was expecting, it seems like a step back from the first in the "wye" series

My advice would be to see if you can get your hands on the first version, much better imo

Cheers to HC and thanks for reading and I’ll be giving this one away at some point , if I havent completely put you off, and I can guarantee it’ll quicker than @MrTeaTime 's giveaway ;)

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...y-and-give-away-s/threads/tesla-wye-2.177550/

Last edited:
Great review, i was looking at one of these as i have the Tesla Punk which is superb, what put me off this one is the battery cover which looks a cheapo job and i like a bit of weight behind my mods, in general though i think Tesla are pretty good, thank you.

Great review, i was looking at one of these as i have the Tesla Punk which is superb, what put me off this one is the battery cover which looks a cheapo job and i like a bit of weight behind my mods, in general though i think Tesla are pretty good, thank you.

cheers mate, yeah plenty of other good options out there at the moment, definitely not these types if you like a bit of weight to your mod

Thanks to Cortana over @Healthcabin for sending this over for the purpose of review
https://www.healthcabin.net/tesla-wye-2-mod-p/20069.html
The Tesla Wye 2
View attachment 185280
TeslaEcigs has been a pretty well known name in the vape Industry for a fair few years now with a multitude of devices including mods, tanks and even pod systems. Usually bringing out pretty unique items and not the same run of the mill stuff , like the steampunk themed series and their range of pwm/vv mods to name a couple
View attachment 185281

So packing the plastic for this one, the Tesla wye 2 , a dual 18650, 215w device. Constructed of mainly abs & pc (minor slither of aluminium on the doors and a ss 510)
View attachment 185282
A very lightweight device a feather like 71.4g & 163.4g with 2 molicell p26a

Housing tesla’s own somewhat run of the mill, basic board, with a pretty standard layout . Your basic functions are there power and tc modes with a tcr option as is a custom curve and soft, normal and hard power delivery options

The shape of the device lets it sit nicely in the hand and the fire button is easy to locate with your index/trigger finger. The ss 510 is ever so slightly raised meaning a little gappage with some of your atties and giant chasms with others, 26mm or less otherwise you’ll get the ocd’ers nightmare of overhang

Can you kind of see where this is going lol, the pc/abs material just feels cheap and toy like, nothing similar to the first wye mod, the “wye 1” had a smooth textured feel, like a baby seal which made it feel more than a plastic box, it was also a nicer shape and size , all in contrast to the fisher price feeling wye 2

The board performance doesn’t seem as punchy either, having to put it in the Danny Dyer ‘ard mode to get the oomph needed, now I dont know it that’s entirely teslas fault or boards such as vaporessos omni are just that much better for me

I’ve had no issues with the push/click battery door, as I did have a slight worry about it when I realised it wasn’t magnetic, time will only tell how well the tabs hold up, also the negatives and positives need highlighting more on the battery tray(not just this tesla mod but most that use the same battery seating)
View attachment 185283

This one wouldn’t get a glowing recommendation for me , it’s not bad, just not anything like I was expecting, it seems like a step back from the first in the "wye" series

My advice would be to see if you can get your hands on the first version, much better imo

Cheers to HC and thanks for reading and I’ll be giving this one away at some point , if I havent completely put you off, and I can guarantee it’ll quicker than @MrTeaTime 's giveaway ;)

Cracking honest review mate [emoji4]

watched a cple of reviews on the v1 does sound better thanks for the honest review

watched a cple of reviews on the v1 does sound better thanks for the honest review

cheers mate, definitely better imo, the vaporstorn puma is also a good one, similar to the wye v1, theres a few others about with the same build materials and shape now to

Thanks for the honest review. Shame its not all that, I really like my wye 85W so its disappointing they are hit and miss.

Back
Top Bottom