What's new

SMOK SPECIES 230W TOUCH SCREEN KIT + Upgrade

The only one I've got from that list is the Cube, still going strong and still looks and works like new (bought it 2nd hand), but yeah you've had a lot of bad luck or bad mods, I think I would be cautious with Smok if I had that many mods fail, but I feel they have upped the quality of the newer mods.

Brands I've had issues with are Aspire & Ijoy, let us know how you get on.

I'm actually just designing a stand to 3D print for mine, if I can make them cost effective I might produce some for sale.

The only one I've got from that list is the Cube, still going strong and still looks and works like new (bought it 2nd hand), but yeah you've had a lot of bad luck or bad mods, I think I would be cautious with Smok if I had that many mods fail, but I feel they have upped the quality of the newer mods.

Brands I've had issues with are Aspire & Ijoy, let us know how you get on.

I'm actually just designing a stand to 3D print for mine, if I can make them cost effective I might produce some for sale.

I was mainly using squonkers for a while there then went back to mainly using MTL so got a few little jac vape kits. I'm sure my cubes bit still work, the screens both stopped working. That was more likely an issue with leaking tanks letting liquid get in to them, did think that was daft place for the screens. I've never thought of stand, That's a good idea though!

Excellent in depth review once again, I have had my species since ECigone had their blackfriday sale and it has performed flawlessly, i was concerned as i had seen the way other mods in their line had become gimmicky coupled with poor QC i avoided them.

Strangely my Alien from the first batch is still going strong, and the paintwork only shows signs of use over the past couple of years

Smok for the win lately.
I'm glad you did this review as people think I'm telling lies about how improved they seem lately.

Nice one

Smok for the win lately.
I'm glad you did this review as people think I'm telling lies about how improved they seem lately.

Nice one

I've just made a set up out of spares, using a gx 2/4 With an original clieto. Only used this for a week with 4 batteries and then bought something else, put it down to 2 batteries and it feels pretty decent. Almost wish I hadn't ordered one of these now! :18:

Nice review and once again fantastic pictures, I think it looks smart.

Still on the 1st A2 coil and it's just starting to loose flavour, not a single dry hit, used daily, moderate use at 95 watts.

Puff count is over 1050 which I think is excellent (a few dozen more as I reset it when I added the Bubble Glass).

Using this daily I still enjoy the looks of it, sounds daft as I should have noticed on the review but the shape is very 'Art Deco' and probably the most stylish mod Smok have produced in my opinion.

I might swap the coil over today and reset the puff counter, I will update this when I've road tested it.

Mine is sitting in the box, it came, i opened it, my misses saw it.... it was no longer mine. The coils in the one I got look to be mesh coils. Once I've tried what is now hers I might get another!

Update:

Well I'm at 600 hits on the single bore coil and I have to say I'm not enjoying it as much as the dual coil, it's not bad just nowhere near as good flavour as the dual coil, I'm seeing it through so I can see the lifespan but looking forward to going back to the dual coil.

I'm making matters worse as I don't want to waste my favourite juices on it so using up my mediocre flavours.

On the plus side I'm in for a treat when I get back to dual coil :)

Update:

Well I'm at 600 hits on the single bore coil and I have to say I'm not enjoying it as much as the dual coil, it's not bad just nowhere near as good flavour as the dual coil, I'm seeing it through so I can see the lifespan but looking forward to going back to the dual coil.

I'm making matters worse as I don't want to waste my favourite juices on it so using up my mediocre flavours.

On the plus side I'm in for a treat when I get back to dual coil :)

I've got to admit I've been pleasantly surprised by the coils. Even though the misses confiscated it when she saw it, I've been using it off and on. I'm getting tempted to get another now!

Back
Top Bottom