What's new

SMOK Morph 2 Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia (source) sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20210309_085153.jpg

The SMOK Morph 2 Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/smok-morph-2-kit-with-tfv18-tank.html

I also got a code to bring the kit down to $39.99 and it's SM2K

The Morph 2 Kit is a 230w mod that takes 2 18650 batteries. It’s made of zinc alloy and has an 0.96 inch colour screen. There’s also a leather type accent on it. It comes with the TFV18 tank which is cloud bro clouds, fully open airflow and both the included coils have a recommended rating of 80-110w. It’s not my preferred style of vaping but I have been really enjoying the change.

In the box you get:
1 Morph 2 Mod
1 TFV18 Tank (7.5ml) (TFV Mini V2 with TPD Version)
1 TFV18 Meshed 0.33ohm (Preinstalled)
1 TFV18 Dual Meshed 0.15ohm Coil
1 Bulb Glass Tube Replacement
1 Type-C Cable
1 User Manual

Style wise it’s a rectangular shaped mod that will take a 30mm tank and the leather type covering on it gives it a nice feel and a classier look than a lot of the other SMOK mods I’ve seen. I like it personally. I particularly like the stitching on the sides. The leather also curves round the body, which makes it a comfortable mod to hold as well. The battery door is on the bottom and feels pretty solid, it’s on a spring and clicks nicely back to the bottom of the mod. The fire button is on the side and in a position so that you can fire it with your thumb or finger comfortably. The finish on the zinc alloy is shiny and really does look quite nice, it goes well with the colouring of the mod. I got the red and white, two tone one. There’s a raised metal plate on the front of the mod that houses the 0.96” screen, along with the adjustment buttons and the USB type C charging port. On one side there is a quite subtle SMOK embossed into the leather type material and below that it tells you that there’s a nexchip inside. On the back there’s a big Morph 2 painted down the metal in a Fortnite style font and that’s where some people will probably lose interest in this mod. Big branding is not for everyone. I personally don’t mind it too much but I’ll be honest and in an ideal world I would prefer it wasn’t there.

Collage 2021-03-19 14_29_24.jpg

Function wise there’s not a lot there, they’ve kept it pretty simple. Five clicks on and 3 will take you to the screen where using the adjustment buttons lets you skip between power mode, Ni TC, TI TC and SS TC. There isn’t a curve mode or a TCR mode for the temp control. There’s also no bypass mode. You can hold the fire and up adjustment button to change the colour of the screen and hold the fire and down adjustment to clear the puff counter. Holding both will lock the adjustment buttons. As I say it’s simple but this mod really is more for using in wattage mode and busting mad clouds brah.

The TFV18 tank is the latest SMOK cloud chucking tank. It has a wide open, 3 hole airflow that makes using it at high wattage pretty damn comfortable. The tank takes a massive 7.5ml of juice, which you’ll need, and it takes several different coils, both the TFV18 meshed range and the TFV 16 meshed range. There is mention of the TFV Mini coils in the advertising but that’ll be for the TFV Mini V2 tank that you get with TPD versions and I don’t think these coils will fit the TFV 18. The coils are huge and well set up for cloud chucking. To fill you press a tiny button on the top of the tank and the top swings out to reveal a big fill hole. With the 0.3 coil you can just fire the juice in but if using the bigger 0.15 you do have to fill slightly slower or you’ll have juice spilling out. The tank’s topped off by a big drip tip but, as with a few things I’ve seen lately, the drip tip fits over a wee tube sticking up over the top of the tank that has o-rings there instead of on the tip. I suppose if they put an 810 fitting in it would have made the tank even wider but I personally don’t like that I can’t swap my tips out.

Collage 2021-03-19 14_29_56.jpg

In use the mod is perfect for me. It’s easy to use and works well in wattage mode. Battery life is similar to other dual 18650 mods and I quite like the styling of it. The tank is a proper cloud chucker. I used the 0.3 single mesh coil first and slowly ramped it up to the recommended 110 watts, fully expecting to cough my lungs out. I didn’t, it was actually really smooth due to the huge airflow and the flavour was pretty decent as well. I used it for a good 4 days and got no drop in flavour either. I then moved on to the huge 0.15 dual mesh coil and although it’s a lower ohm coil it runs at the same wattage recommendation. The flavour is even better on this and with a big draw you’ll be fogging out the room in no time. This really doesn’t suit me if I’m honest again as I have children and I don’t want my neighbours thinking I’m a wanker. I did enjoy it though and I have still been using it at night on occasion.

In all the Morph 2 kit is a good bit of gear. The mod, while a little simple, works and works well. I’ve had no sign of the infamous SMOK quality control problems but then I’ve only had the kit 10 days. I like the styling of it and I’ve actually enjoyed pumping out huge plumes of vapour with the TFV 18 tank, which is something I’ve never really been into myself. This kit would suit SMOK fans and people who just like to watch the vapour come out of their mouth. The mod itself would suit anyone really as it’s a solid dual 18650.

Edit: Another member kindly pointed out that the SMOK site notes the chip inside as being the IQ-S chip and they're right, it does. The mod does say nexchip inside on it though and a quick Google showed me that the IQ-S is in the original Morph and is a 219w chip rather than the 230w you get from this, so it looks like SMOK have copy and pasted their info on the site. Whoops. Who knows what is right but thanks to @Squidgy for sending me down the SMOK hole :18:

Last edited:
Thanks for the review matey, I wonder what the mod looks like on the inside, I wish they would do something new Tank wise, and it's about time they made use of 21700 capability, I think that about lots of mods and brands though. Still, seems decent enough, I'm sure the younger vaping fraternity will love it, and it will be found in mostly every high street vape shop, it's a brand that always sells and is always asked for.

Thanks for the review matey, I wonder what the mod looks like on the inside, I wish they would do something new Tank wise, and it's about time they made use of 21700 capability, I think that about lots of mods and brands though. Still, seems decent enough, I'm sure the younger vaping fraternity will love it, and it will be found in mostly every high street vape shop, it's a brand that always sells and is always asked for.

Cheers for the reply mate.

I do wonder myself why SMOK have never released a 21700 mod. It would make sense given most of their flagship tanks run at 100w plus and suck the battery life quickly.

I can also see this being popular with the younger crowd. You can just set it high and go.

Thanks for sharing your trustful thoughts on this.
I´m liking this kit.
As I said on my review (many coincicences with yours), the mod is a proper one; even lacking bypass, TC and curves.
The TFV18 tank.... mmmpphhhff... its good, but you have to like that kind of vape. For a time to time is super cool.

Dont leave any liquid on it for more than 12h, it pees all to an empty state.

Back
Top Bottom