What's new

Smoant Ladon

BigCloud

Veteran
Sent out for a review by Lilia from @Sourcemore.

The Ladon kit comes nicely packaged in a very smart black black box with a picture on the front of your chosen colour of device, the Smoant logo with the name of the mod, on the rear it has some information about the device the contents listing along with the usual scratch and scan authentication code.

In the box in a foam tray you get, Ladon 225W mod, Ladon Sub-ohm Tank with a dual mesh 0.15ohm coil (pre-installed), a spare 0.16ohm single mesh coil, Straight glass tube, under the foam tray is a bit of card which houses the Spare Parts Pack consisting of O-rings and a replaceable grommit/seal for the tank, Type-C USB Cable, user manual etc.

Box.jpg

Specs on the mod are

Material Zinc alloy + SUS304 + PMMA
Size 46.9 x 91.5mm
Battery Capacity Dual 18650(not included)
Output range 1-225W
Conversion rate 95%
Voltage range 6.0-8.4V
TC mode Ni, Ti, SS316, TCR
Charging Type-C USB port, 5V/2A
Temperature range 100-300°C; 200-600°F

Ladon AIO Tank

Material SS304 + Quartz glass
Size 28 x 58.4mm
Drip tip 810 drip tip
E-juice Capacity 4.0 / 6.0ml
Coil cotton 100% tea tree fiber
Coil resistance 0.16ohm mesh coil 65-80W 0.15ohm dual mesh coil - 70-80W (pre-installed)

Protections

Over Current Protection
Over-heating Protection
Reverse Polarity Protection
Short Circuit Protection
Over-time Protection
Low Voltage Protection

For the review i was sent the full black version but is also available in red and black, stainless steel and rainbow.

Smoant-Ladon-225W-AIO-Kit_02_409015.jpg

This is a twin 18650 Mod with a Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction with a maximum wattage of 225 and adjusts in .1 increments up to 100 and then 1 W increments up to 225 W , Batteries are inserted at the rear of the device by removing the back panel via the little fingernail notch located on the base, the panel is held in place with 3 magnets does have a bit of up and down wiggle, and snaps nicely into place, the battery sled is clearly marked for battery polarity and the batteries sit snugly in place, there is no ribbon to aid removal of the batteries.The Ladon is quite a compact mod fits nicely in your hand feels comfortable and has a nice bit of weight to it once the batteries are inserted.

Up top it has a raised centered platform for the 510 connection, with a spring loaded brass 510 pin and will take 25mm attys with no overhang.

510.JPG

On the front is a 0.96" OLED screen, although not the brightest its easy to read and uncluttered, Top left displays the mode you are in (Ni, Ti, SS, TCR) , Top right a single battery life status bar, (as this is a dual battery device i would have prefered to have seen a status bar for each battery), also displayed is volts, resistance, puff counter and duration of puff, Under the screen is a red plastic rocker bar for the wattage up and down, Fire button is located on the side of the mod and is again red plastic its responsive and clicky. Type-C USB port (no cover) is found at the base of the device for firmware upgrades can be used to charge the mod as it has 2A Balanced charging but i recomend using an external charger. The lower half of the front of the mod has a mesh type panel to add a bit of style and looks.

IMG_3999 (2).jpg

The Ladon is the usual 5 clicks on and off, no menu so 3 clicks of the fire button and the mode will blink allowing you to use VW, DVW (curves), Ni, Ti, SS and TCR, When using curves the + and - will alter the wattage for each time segment and fire will select, When using a TC mode by default the wattage is on auto but fire and + together allows wattage to be set for TC, fire and - together allows you to change temperature unit.

Holding the +/- together will lock the device totally so you can`t even fire it for a puff, the only other key combination available is clearing the puff counter +/- and fire.

The Ladon tank is supplied with a 4ml straight glass and a 6 ml bubble glass, An 810 drip tip
The tank is extremly similar to the Falcon king in every way shape and form (just a shame the falcon coils dont fit), to fill it up push the release button at the top of the tank and the top swings open revealing a nice large kidney port fill hole big enough to take every bottle i threw at it making it simple to fill up and mess free unlike some tanks.

The coils simply screw into the afc base and topcap, airflow on this one is pretty loud until you dial it down about half way but thats a Subohm tank for you, the single mesh coil i wouldnt say gives great flavour in fact it was pretty muted however that could have been down to the juice i was using, when i popped the Dual mesh coil in i swapped over juice and as expected it was much better and lasted me just over a week and running at 60 watts.

Pros

Very simple to use
Nice weight feels good in the hand
Firmware upgradeable
Type C USB
Responsive

Cons

Only 1 battery status bar
No cover for USB port

Pick one up here https://www.sourcemore.com/smoant-ladon-aio-2in1-kit.html

Use the Code: LADON, for a dicount

Once again thanks to Lilia @Sourcemore for sending this out