What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Rincoe Jellybox 228W kit

nwhornet

Legend
Jellybean 228w kit by Rincoe

Thanks to @Sourcemore & Lilia for sending this for review. I have no affiliation with either POTV, Sourcemore or Rincoe & thoughts expressed are my own.

Rincoe are not the most prolific manufacturer of vaping gear but their products are eye catching and also budget friendly. The Jellybox 228w is no exception so please read on to find out how I fared.

In the box

As a change of format & make reviews more relevant I wont list all the box contents & specs as it gets boring to read (and write) when the idea is to write up on how well it works and is it worth a punt.

head.jpg

What you do get is a mod/tank kit made from PCTG & zinc alloy. The main body is constructed from PCTG with alloy battery door & screen/510 surround & buttons. The zinc alloy is finished with a matt appearance which adds to the overall look. A stainless steel 510 with sprung pin finishes off the look. With the kit option you also get the Jelly tank, 25mm diameter, made of the same PCTG & zinc alloy as the body.

The Jellybox mod

mod.jpg

The Jellybox is available in full, amber or black clear with the body section being completely see through. The alloy trim extends from the top to just below the screen. A largish fire button sits above the screen & plus/minus buttons below the trim, all in the same matt appearance. The screen is .96” colour & is easy to read & see in most conditions, in any of the 6 available colours. The mod has VW & TC (Ni, SS & Ti) modes. Max output is 228w in VW and round robins when cycling through. And the afore mentioned screen colours are replicated by LEDs mounted inside the body for those vapers who like to be seen. The LEDs can be turned off for those who prefer less bejazzle. The mod takes two 18650 cells and access to the battery compartment is accessed by a sliding door in the base. A USB C socket is also included providing for fast charging, although it is always recommended to charge batteries in a dedicated charger.

The Jelly tank

tank.jpg

The supplied kit tank is the Jelly tank in the same finish as the mod with the PCTG tank section screwing onto the airflow base. In appearance it’s very similar to the Voopoo PnP tank and being clear it’s easier to see juice levels. The tank is a one piece affair meaning there’s no option to use other drip tips. The kit comes with 2 mesh coils, a 0.15 ohm and a 0.3ohm.Filling is via a silicon bung in the bottom of the tank section. This is kidney shaped and large enough to accommodate most bottles & allow for escaping air, meaning a faff free filling experience. Coils are the push in style through the base and airflow is via two opposing slots and adjusted by the smooth actioned collar.

In Use

After fitting a couple of batteries, the 0.3ohm coil (already fitted) and tank filled up and screwed on it’s time to see how well this performs. The mod was set to VW mode, coil resistance confirmed and power set to 35w to ease in the coil.

From the off this was a decent vape on this coil, and airflow wide open I got up to 45w where flavour and cloud production was suiting me. The airflow isn’t massive but can still push up the power range & at 50w it was still very enjoyable. The mod itself is easy to navigate with 3 clicks on the fire button accessing the mode menu. Using the plus/minus buttons to navigate is straightforward. Fire and minus together allow you to toggle the internal LEDs on/off and fire/plus together gives the option to scroll through the 6 colour scenes for the screen/LEDs.

The TC modes can operate in C or F and power output adjusted by pressing fire & minus together. As the supplied coils don’t mention wire type I put on an SS316 build to try it out and it wasn’t too bad. Not as responsive as a DNA but certainly useable.

In the hand this is a very comfortable mod and, as expected being PCTG, extremely light. Fast response time from the fire button made it a pleasure to use. The tank is ok for it’s type and both coils gave a good vape, with the 0.3ohm being the more useable in both flavour/cloud and runtime. The mod will accept up to 26mm diameter tanks without overhang.

My main concern is with the battery door. Without cells fitted there’s some sideways & lateral movement and open the door is loose. With cells in it’s a tighter fit but there’s still some movement. So far it has held up well, but it is something to be aware of. Given the budget price, it’s only a small niggle.

Summing up

All in all this is a decent mod at a great price and unusual enough to appeal to those who like a quirky style of mod. Style wise it’s not dissimilar to the acrylic versions of the Vicious Ant Duke II range but at less than 10% of the price, making this an absolute bargain. The supplied tank is certainly useable but with only two coils available it’s a bit limited. It’s a shame it’s not compatible with the PnP/Manic/GTX coils. For somebody looking for a cheap beater mod this hits all the markers.

The kit is currently available for the frankly ridiculous price of $32.99 with the code J228K here Rincoe Jellybox 228W .

Nice one mate [emoji1303] Sounds better than I thought it would be, although still not for me. Another decent hands-on user review [emoji1303]

Nice review mate. I’ve had my eye on this for a while. It looks smart, I think I would opt for the mod only (in clear). Good to know about the movement on the battery door which is always a concern, but at that price, gonnae need to

@nwhornet Thx for the decent review mate. Coincidentally, was looking at this on the bargain vapes site yesterday and almost pulled the trigger on it. In the end opted for the Drag 2 at the same price ('bout 24 quid I think), might still end up getting one just for the novelty value, esp as your review suggests, at such a low price, it is well worth the punt.

Back
Top Bottom