What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

OBS CUBE

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Alright guys we are back.

This kit was sent out for the purpose of this review. So thanks to Ella @Sourcemore. All the opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

20190310_122228.jpg

We will start as always with the kit contents.

In the box you get

1 X cube mod
1 X cube tank
2 x M1 mesh coils
Usb cable
Spare bubble glass
Spare o rings
And all the bits of paper no one looks at.

Now we will move on and have a look at the cube tank.

It comes out the box fitted with a bubble glass giving it a 4ml capacity. The top turns just over a quarter of a turn and comes off to give access to the 2 large fill ports. Dual airflow slots on the bottom of the tank which can be adjusted with the air flow control ring. Also as you can see from the pic it has a cone shaped driptip. I have have had no issues with leaking, spit back or flooding of the 0.2ohm mesh coils that come supplied. Being mesh you get a decent cloud and good flavour.

1552223491091552991124.jpg

Now on to the cube mod

This is an internal 3000mah battery. Using it along with the cube tank at 40-50w it does give a pretty decent battery life. As you can see the fire button and the + & - button along with the usb port are on one face of the cube and the screen on a different face.

80w max
5 clicks on and off
3 clicks of the + or - unlocks the wattage then when you press the fire button it locks it again. This is a feature I quite like.

There is no menu on this mod. Just plain old wattage. The wattage increases by 1w at a time.

20190310_122211.jpg

I have really enjoyed using this kit. I can see it wouldn't be suitable for an mtl vaper to put on their mtl tank due to the 1w adjustments.

It has performed as it should with every press of the button.

20190310_122217.jpg

Currently priced at $40.60

https://www.sourcemore.com/obs-cube-80w-starter-kit-blue.html

Thank you - this is useful. I was told charging batteries externally would be better but, that aside, this looks good.

Yes that's what I thought. Whilst I heard that was generally not a good thing, I am tempted by this mod.

Not a good idea to charge removable twin batteries in the mod but single 18650 and built in is fine to charge.

I have a Cube mod and I really like it!! Very comfortable to use and just works!!

Does it come with a 4ml capacity by default? I ask because I read that, in the UK at least, there is some kind of bung or fitting making it have a 2ml capacity instead

My one came from overseas so I can't comment on how they implement the TPD. I'm sure I'm right on thinking that they are clamping down on companies who use a bung to reduce capacity

Back
Top Bottom