What's new

My reviews of 2020 so far

Hoping to sticking with the pods, just read this about the PM80, it was on amazon though:

If it wasn't for the appalling build quality of the internals, this would be an outstanding device. The issue is, the ribbon cable that attaches loosely to the battery inside comes loose very very easily, and they just stop working out of the blue. I have had 3 of these now since March, and each one has succumbed to this fault.

Two of them have been returned, but one of them was kept to strip down and figure out what was causing it. As stated, appalling build quality. The USB connector comes loose from the board with any kind of knock, and the poorly stuck down ribbon cable (which again, is stuck down and not soldered) comes loose and causes the device to fail.

What the hell is he doing with em?

I've had 2 since March, cat knocked one over so I knocked her over, the PM80 fared better than my cat, scratched the pod is all and it's working fine.

The only niggle I've had since using it is that it sulks and wets the bed if you don't use it for a week or so.

Might be worth asking in the general chat about it but I've not heard of any other issues with it.

What the hell is he doing with em?

I've had 2 since March, cat knocked one over so I knocked her over, the PM80 fared better than my cat, scratched the pod is all and it's working fine.

The only niggle I've had since using it is that it sulks and wets the bed if you don't use it for a week or so.

Might be worth asking in the general chat about it but I've not heard of any other issues with it.

As I said, it's from Amazon, so who knows :hmm: I was rather shocked to read that tbh, I look on Amazon, well, because it can throw up super cheap deals.

Smok G-Priv 3 kit review is now live:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/mods/smok-g-priv-3-and-tf16-lite-kit.html

Nice mod but I'm not a fan of the TF16

G-Priv-3.jpg

Never got over what I saw on the inside of a Smok Alien, awful, I've never owned a Smok mod and probably never will. Have a few Smok tanks, umm, they're a laugh, and sort of ok. Edit; nice review btw, thank you. I was going to login and leave a comment with disqus but didn't like their data harvesting, well, that's what I call it.

Last edited:
Never got over what I saw on the inside of a Smok Alien, awful, I've never owned a Smok mod and probably never will. Have a few Smok tanks, umm, they're a laugh, and sort of ok. Edit; nice review btw, thank you. I was going to login and leave a comment with disqus but didn't like their data harvesting, well, that's what I call it.
Thanks @andi52

I'm the same with Disqus, as soon as I saw all the cookies and permissions I was out!

Could be worse, I was going to plug in and use a Smart Bulb but you had to use an android app, permissions were horific! why the fuck does a bulb need access to you photos, contacts and data?

Sat waiting to be published is the new Vaporesso XROS pod

Vaporesso_XROS_Pod-2.jpg

Ooooops sorry - wrong pod!!

Vaporesso_XROS_Pod-1.jpg

This might just look like JAFP (Just Another Fucking Pod) but looks are deceiving, this little beauty is the best pod I have tried for flavour, airflow and performance, I gave it a whopping 9.5/10 which is a high score for such a basic kit but I have scored it for what it is and that's a pod system that Vaporesso have nailed.

I don't think it will win any style awards but it has the best flavour, best airflow, draw or button activated, USB-C and the pods last ages - what more could you want?

The full review is waiting to go live on the main site and should be up soon.

Incoming review is the Dovpo Odin 100, I wasn't expecting to love this mod as much as I do, I would have favoured the DNA given the chance, however the 100 watt version is superb, I've been testing if for a couple of days now but so far I cannot fault it.

It's one of those mods you simply love, feels great in the hand and the looks stunning to me.

Dovpo_Odin_100_Mod-Contents2.jpg
Dovpo_Odin_100_Mod-2.jpg
Dovpo_Odin_100_Mod-3.jpg

Finished my Vandy Vape MATO review and it's waiting to go live.

TPD BUYERS BEWARE - Without buying the additional 5ml you're going to be pretty annoyed - Check if your chosen supplier includes it.

Vandy_Vape_MATO_RDTA.jpg
Vandy_Vape_MATO_RDTA-Build.jpg

Just started reviewing the new Artery Nugget GT Pod/Mod or should I call it a Mod/Pod?

Dual 18650 DTL cloud chucker.

Day one first impressions are a bit mixed, it's good but a few niggles with the pod but the flavour is right up there with the best, I've ordered a 510 adaptor so perhaps it will grow on me more as a mod only as it's so compact and feels great.

Back
Top Bottom