What's new

My reviews of 2020 so far

Busy day! :11:
Just arrived from Aspire:

Aspire Prestige Zero G 1500mAh Pod System - Black
https://www.ukaspirevendor.co.uk/co...pire-prestige-zero-g-1500mah-pod-system-black
Only had a quick look but this looks very promising with the included RBA deck for MTL, the airflow closes nicely.

Aspire Mynus Vapourless Disposable Vape System - Mixed Fruit, Tobacco, Menthol
https://www.ukaspirevendor.co.uk/products/aspire-mynus-vaporless-disposable-vape-system-black
I agreed to review this due to the interesting 'vapourless' innovation, after a quick test; it works a charm, strange sensation as you can see vapour in your gob but after an inhale and exhales there's almost bugger all coming out, a proper tight ciggie like draw too.
It looks like a guitar pick and tiny so should be a perfect stealth vape!
Butt...... since I spotted the word play with inserting an 'a' into the name I cannot stop calling it Myanus!!!!! :rudesanta:
(how on earth am I going to get through the review!)

Day 2 of the ObliQ and it looks even nicer in daylight, side by side vaping between the Sceptre and the ObliQ I much prefer the tighter draw of the Sceptre, flavour is pretty close, too tight to call in fact, I have found a bodge hack to tighten the airflow though, a slither of cardboard in the pod slot but it looks nasty, I might 3D print a little plug.

My road test has been interrupted though as I have just received some Geekbar disposable pods from @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) to share my thoughts as a 2nd opinion on a review she is working on, I won't be doing a full review as DeeDee has it covered and should be live soon.

My first (and surprised) impressions of Watermelon Ice:
  • Nice box, pod is sealed in a bag and has 2 silicone bungs to prevent in transit firing (or to re-use in your pocket/bag).
  • The pod itself looks almost too good for a disposable, there's a crystal clear coating that really highlights the embossed pattern on the coloured body, it looks really nice and not as cheap looking as others I have seen, in fact it looks better quality than the re-usable Vaporesso OSMALL.
  • In the hand it feels comfortable and smooth and light enough for a shirt pocket.
  • Draw - F**K ME! - Ignoring novelty factor but this is one of the best MTL nic salt pods I have tried, tight airflow and an intense hit, 20mg feels stronger to me, the Watermelon flavour is lush and the slight 'ice' is just right.
  • The lifespan will be interesting as will the flavour/battery drop-off.
BUT there's no escaping environmental downside of disposables, the waste as it goes in the bin as the plastic can't be separated from the internals (battery & electronics), it all feels such a waste, especially as its a nice bit of kit, I will be trying to break one apart to see if the battery can be recharged and repurposed.
Price will also be a factor as it's one of the most expensive ways to vape.

I'm so torn by these little buggers, I know I will find them incredibly handy in the car or out on my Vespa at traffic lights and if used sparingly (says me chain vaping the little bugger for the past hour) then I can see their appeal, as much as I hate the disposal principle (I usually turn them down to review) I simply love these, I guess it's like tree hugging then wiping your arse on quilted loo roll.

View attachment 235056
Thanks mate, happy u like them and yeah i get the being torn about them.

Last edited:
Writing the review for the Joytech ObliQ, due to a bit of a backlog the review won't be live for a week or so, but in short I absolutely LOVE this bit of kit.
As a photographer even I cannot do it justice as rotating it in your hand shows it off perfectly, Joytech have put so much thought into the styling and the functionality of this compact AIO and the flavour is superb for DL and MTL, my only con is the adjustable MTL airflow could have been tighter but it's not too loose and I've been happily chugging away on it, much tighter than the PM40, Smok NORD etc.

2020 has been surprisingly abundant for new stuff but the ObliQ has shot right up into my 'Best Of' list.

Joytech_Oblique_Pod-6.jpg

Joytech_Oblique_Pod-7.jpg

Joytech_Oblique_Pod-8.jpg

Joytech_Oblique_Pod-Controls.jpg

Just finished off the Aspire Zero G review, really impressed with it, don't let the 'POD' title put you off, it's a cracking stock coil and RTA magnetic tank popped onto a perfectly suited bespoke mod, I'm calling it a 'Podank' - you heard it here first :dance:

*IF you're going to buy one try and get an extra tank assembly is my advice, I definitely want a second.

Aspire_Zero_G_Pod_Kit-6.jpg
Aspire_Zero_G_Pod_Kit-DIY.jpg

Just finished off the Aspire Zero G review, really impressed with it, don't let the 'POD' title put you off, it's a cracking stock coil and RTA magnetic tank popped onto a perfectly suited bespoke mod, I'm calling it a 'Podank' - you heard it here first :dance:

*IF you're going to buy one try and get an extra tank assembly is my advice, I definitely want a second.

View attachment 235509 View attachment 235510

Look forward to reading that mate.

ObliQ review is now live, I know it's 2021 but this one was from 2020 and in my Best Of list for sure, run out of coils and gutted!

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/joyetech-obliq-pod-kit.html

2 more from 2020 waiting to live:
Aspire Zero G - Simply Superb
Aspire MYNUS Vapourless Pod - It's a Pod.......... It's vapourless. (No matter how hard I tried I couldn't resist calling it MyAnus throughout the review).

I am still trying to work out how and where to put my 2020 Best Of roundup, graphics and decisions are all done but struggling on keeping it short enough.

Aspire_Zero_G_Pod_Kit-5.jpg
Aspire_Mynus_Pod-5.jpg

Sadly this review might not see the light of day as the one I received had a fault with the mod tank connector being fitted incorrectly meaning the pod or tank didn't sit squarely, this affected the MTL airflow a little and a deal-breaker for the review, hopefully I will get a replacement, normally I wouldn't be too bothered but this kit had so much potential - I have still been able to use it to a degree and it would have been one of those bits of kit I would have raved about, the MTL draw is still good despite it letting in more from the gap.

The pod coils and drip tips are the cherry on the icing.

Hotcig_RDS_Pod_Kit-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom