What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Lost Vape Quest Thelema Mod - Mutts Nuts

I've recently reviewed the kit for the front end but Sourcemore sent me the mod to review, I was more than happy to repeat myself as the Thelema Quest is one of the highlights of 2021's releases.

You can get your hands on one for just $33.99 - Using coupon code: LVTQM
https://www.sourcemore.com/lost-vape-thelema-quest-200w-box-mod.html#

Lost_Vape_Thelema_Mod-1.jpg

At a glance
  • Dual 18650 batteries, Quest 2.0 chipset
  • Five vaping modes: VPC/Bypass/Wattage/Voltage/Temperature Control(SS904/SS316/Ti/Ni) mode
  • Three firing modes: SOFT/NORM/HARD mode
  • Three user records
  • Type-c fast charging
  • 0.96 inch full-color TFT display screen
There's no outstanding or innovative features to speak of but it doesn't matter one jot when the whole package is so well made and efficient, under the hood is Lost Vape Quest own chipset which is outstanding in its own right.

Unboxing
The mod comes in a modest 3 piece box, the outer sleeve shows the colour choice image and some of the specs, the main 2 piece box has that now classic Quest clean white look with the logo printed on it, the packaging is minimal and not wasteful but still pleasing to unbox.

Lost_Vape_Thelema_Mod-2.jpg

You simply get the mod, small USB-C cable, a user manual and a warranty card (the clear version will include some battery stickers). The manual is well written and easy to follow, though I tend not to read manuals I found this one worth a browse for all the functions that this chipset has to offer.

First Impressions
Picking up the Thelema for the first time just impresses, it feels so good in the hand and oozes quality, though it's far from the lightest mod I own at 192g without batteries I didn't find it too weighty, with 2 x 18650 batteries fitted it comes out at 284g, it actually feels better with the batteries fitted and well balanced in the hand.

Lost_Vape_Thelema_Mod-5.jpg

The C-Frame chassis has been well sculpted and very interesting to look at, the only dull looking edge is the rear of the battery cover but that's nit-picking as that is the padded edge for comfort.

The buttons are colour matched to the mod and feel soft but a nice click to them and feel intuitive in the hand, there's a subtle detail to the main control face I didn't appreciate until I used the mod, the edges appear hard but they don't feel sharp; what they do do is naturally guide your fingers away from the control buttons while gripping so you don't accidentally press them during vaping.

Lost_Vape_Thelema_Mod-3.jpg

The battery cover is one of my favourite parts, the quality and design makes all the difference, the first version I reviewed was the clear plastic one and that felt the opposite, it looked and felt cheap which affected the whole in the hand experience, this solid door version is so much better and fits perfectly, it feels very secure with no play whatsoever and the padded material is so much more comfortable.

Fitting 2 x 18650 batteries is quite easy, the top contacts are spring loaded and a gentle push upwards and slide in takes seconds, swapping them out is also easy due to the battery ribbon.

Lost_Vape_Thelema_Mod-4.jpg

It's pointless me describing the visual details so I will let my photos do the talking there, the plating is worth noting as the smooth satin finish not only feels good but highlights all the details when you rotate it in the light, I'm one of those people that likes to look at my mod between vaping and the Thelema is visually pleasing, the finish always looks clean due to it being fingerprint resistant.

The screen is just right and bright enough to see outdoors but it will struggle in bright sunlight, I like the way it's laid out and the colour schemes look pretty good.

Lost_Vape_Thelema_Mod-6.jpg

DNA Evidence
It does appear that Lost Vape Quest are putting a lot of effort into their chipset and the results are impressive, but oddly they claim:

Lost_Vape_Thelema_Quest_Kit_Vaping_Modes.jpg

Without sounding too harsh, and as good as it is, it’s no DNA and not even close, the colour version anyway. The level of customisation and control of a DNA board is staggering and hasn’t been rivalled to my knowledge (YiHi maybe, but I find it harder work). I can’t really put a DNA chipset in a nutshell but it is far more advanced, especially if you hook it up to a PC or Mac.

Lost_Vape_Quest_Thelema_Kit-13.jpg

The best thing you can do to appreciate this chipset is to forget any DNA comparison and you won’t be disappointed, Lost Vape Quest have done an amazing job on the QUEST 2.0 and they should be proud enough to let it stand on its own merits.

In fact, I actually found the QUEST 2.0 easier to dial in from within the mod and it’s far more user friendly for newer vapers, the DNA had a bit of a learning curve to it and relied on a computer to get the most from it. Personally I love DNA colour boards as I like delving in deeper to refine temperature control vaping.

Controls
At the time of writing the online manual download comes up too small on my PC:
https://lostvape.com/download/#user_manual
But it is identical to the GRUS, I have included 2 photos (at the end of the review), most experienced users won't need it as it all makes sense and easy to navigate and set.

Performance
With this being the mod only I was able to judge it using my own tanks and give TC mode a try but I first popped my old faithful Freemax Mesh Pro onto it as that is a high wattage hitter, it worked a charm as you would expect and the firing speed was instant, the preheats weren't required with mesh coils though.

Lost_Vape_Thelema_Mod-7.jpg

The next tank I tried was another golden oldie; the iJoy Capo RDTA with a couple of beefy SS316 coils in it so I could use TC, dialling in the temperature (in Celsius) and the wattage was very easy and fast to tweak on the go, certainly one of the easiest to adjust, once I found my preferred temp I tried the preheats, the 'HARD' was perfect for this setup and I was really enjoying the vape, TC mode kicked in perfectly and I wasn't getting close to a dry hit, I usually squonk with this RDTA but I've ended up solely using it on the Thelema.

I threw a variety of other RTA's and RDA's onto it and the mod behaved perfectly, I especially liked how fast it was to switch between modes and setting, the user presets were easy to setup and use also, they were especially useful for TC modes.

Overall the Thelema Quest performed really well, it certainly met all my vaping needs and found nothing lacking, there was nothing that stood out in particular and many other mods perform the same functions, but it was the ease of use and speed of the chipset that made the Thelema perform as good as it looked.

Lost_Vape_Thelema_Mod-8.jpg

Conclusion
Lost Vape Quest adaptation of the Thelema is far from a poor mans DNA as it offers more bang for your buck compared, the chipset is excellent and more user friendly than the DNA version, you won't be able to get the same level of customisation and refinement that the DNA version offers but if you're not a Temperature Control vaper then most of the DNA's features are wasted anyway.

Putting DNA aside, the Thelema Quest is one of the very best mods I have reviewed, the looks, quality, user experience, in the hand feeling and value for money makes it a bit of a no brainer for new and experienced vapers alike (assuming that you like the look of it), I have to admit I do fancy getting a DNA version but the Quest version would still have its place in my collection.

Pros
  • One of the best mainstream chipsets
  • The ‘in the hand’ experience is so good
  • Impressive fit of the battery cover
  • Stylish and classy
  • Great value for money
  • Well sculpted C-Frame chassis
  • Takes all Thelema range covers
Cons
  • ----------
I genuinely don't have a single con and I have been using it non stop for weeks.

Final Thoughts
For $33.99 you're getting a rather special hard hitting mod that oozes quality and a pleasure to use, there's nothing we haven't seen before and no game changing innovation but it doesn't matter in this case as it will become a solid classic that won't date.

Attachments

• LostVape_GRUS_100_Kit_V2-MANUAL-1.jpg
    LostVape_GRUS_100_Kit_V2-MANUAL-1.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 83
  • LostVape_GRUS_100_Kit_V2-MANUAL-3.jpg
    LostVape_GRUS_100_Kit_V2-MANUAL-3.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 55
@Vapaneezer Scrooge Great review as you know i have two of these, i totally agree with you, and also appreciate the hard work you put into your review's, superb mate.

Thanks for this. I was waiting for a review that had details of the TC performance of the Quest chipset. It seems like a decent mod for the price, especially considering the Lost Vape build quality that we've all become accustomed to.

Looks like they are releasing a couple more colours, must admit I'm liking the green

FB_IMG_1635804343899.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom