What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Lost Vape Centaurus M200 Box Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... Roll up

Hello my fellow vapers today we have a kit from Lost Vape The centaurus M200 Box Mod Kit. This was very kindly sent to me from Healthcabin.

As always this review is my own thoughts and not associated with anyone from Healthcabin or POTV. Nor have I been paid for my thoughts.

Abit about the kit....

For today's review we have the new box mod kit from Lost Vape. They're widely known for making good quality, dna and non dna mods. They're normally quite a high end mod so I expect this kit to be no different.

The kit is currently avaible in 5 different colour options and they are :

• Galaxy Black

• Golden Knight

• Gunmetal Grey

• Midnight Blue

• Pink Planet

I received the galaxy black Variant.

Lost-Vape-Centaurus-M200-Kit.jpg

Whats in the box...

• Centaurus M200 Mod
• Centaurus Sub Ohm Tank
• UB Max X1 0.15 ohm coil
• UB Max X3 0.30 ohm coil
• USB type-C cable
• User Manual
• Warranty Card

20230214_222607.jpg

Specs...

Mod...

• Dimension: 93*56.7*26mm
• Power Range: 5-200W
• Quest 2.0 Chip
• Input Current: 1A-40A
• Output Voltage: 0.7V-10V
• Battery Voltage: 3.0V-4.2V
• Battery: Dual 18650 Battery (Not Included)
• Body Material: Aluminium Alloy & Stainless Steels
• Input Voltage: 6.0V-8.4V
• Screen Pixel: 0.96 inch
• Type C Fast Charging
• Replaceable Side Panel

Tank...

• UB Max Coil Compatible
• Leakproof Design
• Top-To-Bottom Airflow System
• Adjustable Airflow
• Top-Filling System

Mod....

This mod is a lightweight duel 18650 mod, it has an output range off upto 200W, replaceable side panels and an easy to use 0.96in screen.

On the top there is a slightly raised 510 tank connection and the mod can comfortably house up to a 26mm tank.

16783656419118730981317895370426.jpg

The difference with this mod straight away is the fire button, unlike many other mods this is a spinning fire button making it not only fire but also change the wattage. This mod works in 3 different stages when changing wattages, when changing between 0-40W it goes up in 1 increments, 42-100W in 2 increments and then 100-200W it goes up in 5 increments.

16783656756065883374963664805361.jpg

The fire button is also integrated with a LED light which also shows the charge level on your battery's. The colours of these are:

•Charge level 0-20%: The LED is Red
• Charge level 20-40%: The LED is White
• Charge level 40-60%: The LED is Blue
• Charge level 60-80%: The LED is Green
• Charge level 80-100%: The LED is Purple

On the display screen it shows all the usual bits and bobs:

• Battery percentage
• Wattage
• Mode
• Puff
• Time of last vape

16783657883332432369928485317501.jpg

There is 2 mods on the device and 5 clicks of the fire button switches between DIY mode and wattage mode. 3 clicks will lock the device but you can still fire.

16783658394187862538428645490890.jpg

The mod feels solid but is quite lightweight at the same time it has branding on both sides but it doesn't make it feel tacky it adds abit more character to the mod. Both side panels are replaceable meaning you can customise it to different colours that Lost Vape make the kit in. I have found the removable panelsto feel a little loose but only when sliding your hand against it. Not once has it fallen off as the magnets are very strong.

16783658930281032152033307185236.jpg

Also on the mod under the screen is a on/off switch which makes it quick and easy to turn the device off and also a USB type C charging port for firmware upgrades or charging in an emergency.

16783659504658168038123236042831.jpg

Tank....

The centaurus sub ohm tank is what is provided with the kid and all tanks come in the colour black, have a 5ml bubble tank (2ml tpd), a changeable 810 drip tip and features top airflow to prevent leaking.

A quarter turn will undo the top cap where there is 2 large kidney shape filling holes.

16783660048017242047451671448645.jpg

The airflow ring has knurling around the top giving it a nice bit of grip when changing the airflow open or closed.

16783660674371302283365465921037.jpg

The airflow on this tank goes very a wide open DL to a slightly restricted DL vape for me I've found the flavour, airflow and clouds perfect with it being just slightly closed. Closing it fully gave me an uncomfortable warm vape.

16783661014138431868139044666358.jpg

Unscrewing the bottom section of the tank is where the plug and play UB coils are fitted. Simply press them in full and screw the bottom part back together.

Coils....

This tank is compatible with the UB Max range of Lost Vape coils and comes with 2 coils included:

Ub Max X1 0.15ohm 80-120W
Ub Max X3 0.3ohm 40-60W

I Started with the X3 coil working my way up slowly I found between 55-60W to give the best level of flavour and cloud production, its a very DL cloudy flavourful vape which really pops with flavour. The one massive pro is the coil life I was at just over 1000 puffs and the coil still had good flavour before I swapped it out to give the other coil a run for the review which is impressive for a half high wattage DL vape coil.

The X1 coil I tried next isn't normally something i would choose to vape being between 80-120W.

Starting of low around 60W you start to get nice flavour plenty of thick clouds working your way up through the wattages increases both flavour and clouds production personally 80/90W was abit to much for me and to be honest didn't offer very much more than at 70/75W so I stayed below the limit as I didn't mind the vape.

I used this coil for a week and it was still going solid until I swapped back to my original X3 coil.

Overall both produce very good flavour and vapour production and the coil life is something which is very impressive.

Lost-Vape-UB-Max-Replacement-Coil.jpg
Pros and Niggles...

Pros...

• Solid mod
• Easy to use
• Great flavour
• Great coil life
• Spinning fire button (something different)
• On/off switch

Niggles...

• Changeable back panel moves a little
• High wattages on coils ( subjective)

Overall thoughts...

Overall I've been very impressed with this kit. The flavour the coils give is superb although for me personally the wattages the coils use is quite high you can't deny the flavour and coil life.

The mod itself is very simplistic which makes it appealing but it looks very smart and solid. The spinning wheel to fire and change wattage is something different and it works well. The wattages only going up in increments of 2 at certain wattages could be seen as a negative to some but isn't to bad for me.

I like the fact Lost Vape have added a switch to turn the kit on and off which makes it easier than remembering to press the fire button.

The changeable back panel does seem to have a little play in it but it hasn't fallen off or become to loose whilst using the kit which is a possitive.

I would reccomend this kit for anyone looking for a new dual 18650 mod and would highly reccomend the new tank for anyone wanting a massive cloud chucker.

Scores on the doors....

Flavour- 9/10
Vapour production- 9/10
Build quality- 8.5 /10
Ease of use- 9/10

As always a massive thank you to sue at Healthcabin for sending me this over for review its very much appriciated.

HealthCabin is also one of the biggest vape wholesale distributors in China, if you're a vape business owner, just contact them to get competitive wholesale price.

Thanks for reading my review
Sam

264622-9913e4b6069e9d7d7e72457833aed7a9.jpg

Nice review Sam.

I like the mod and the aesthetics, but the twisty fire button to change the wattage cans it for me :19:

Thanks for the review matey :2thumbsup: That spinning fire button, wonder what the shelf life on that will be. Steamcrave titan pwm mod had the same (fire / adjust voltage), quite a few owners ended up with a bust or broken button, although the lost vape one appears more durable. Love the pink one btw :D

Thanks for the review matey :2thumbsup: That spinning fire button, wonder what the shelf life on that will be. Steamcrave titan pwm mod had the same (fire / adjust voltage), quite a few owners ended up with a bust or broken button, although the lost vape one appears more durable. Love the pink one btw :D
Thanks mate yeah it's definitely a mod I will continue to use so I will monitor it and update if any problems!

Yeah the colours are alright on these

Nice review as always Sam.

I bought my missus one of these mods the other week. Of course she wanted the limited edition splatoon one that cost the most. She loves it and it's not been out her hand since it arrived.

Nice review as always Sam.

I bought my missus one of these mods the other week. Of course she wanted the limited edition splatoon one that cost the most. She loves it and it's not been out her hand since it arrived.
Thanks mate

Haha of course she did its a great mod! Hope you're both well

Back
Top Bottom