What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Innokin Kroma R Kit /Zlide Tank

BigCloud

Veteran
Very kindly sent in to me for review by Lilia from @Sourcemore .

The Kroma-R comes nicely packaged in a plain white box with a picture of your chosen colour of device on the front on the rear is the contents and usual scratch and scan authentication code.
Once you slide the sleeve off the box opens up like a book on the left hand side you get your accessories and on the right will be the Kroma-R and Zlide tank, a very nice touch from Innokin.

Box contents.jpg

In the box you get

Kroma-R Mod
Zlide tank
Micro - USB cable
Spare glass
Bag of O - Rings and Drip Tip
User manual
Warranty Card

Specs

Mod Dimensions 82 x 26 x 40 mm
Battery Single 18650(not included)
Wattage Range 6.0W-80W
Voltage Range 1.0V-7.5V
Cut off time 3s-18s
Max Output Currency 30A
Resistance range 0.05ohms - 3.5ohms
Body Material Premium Zinc alloy
Thread Type 510
Charging Current 5V/2A

Zlide Tank
Juice capacity 4ml
Tank Dimensions 24 x 48mm
Tank capacity 4.0ml
Coil compatible Zenith Series (Z coils)
Tank Filling Top slide filling type
Airflow Bottom Airflow

For the puropse of review i was sent the Gun metal version but is available in 3 other colours Black, Bronze, and Steel.

Innokin-Kroma-R-80W-VW-Kit_0069301d7152.jpg

Zlide Tank

The Zlide is a a really nice and simple tank to use .
To fill the tank you have to remove the drip tip to slide the top open which is done by pushing/sliding it back where the two arrows are located, the coil is simple to insert but orientation has to be right to seat the coil in place to do this you have to unscrew and remove the AFC ring at the bottom once this is done its a case of simply pushing your coil in then reassembing, the airflow control has 4 holes to choose your prefered vaping preference with only one hole open being the tightest draw and 4 open being the loosest draw which is still fairly tight for me as i normally vape DTL, you do get a tiny whistle from the the airflow but nothing to complain about.
The tank itself will hold 4ml of juice and is best suited for 50/50, nicotine salts, or CBD liquids.
Coils seem good so far ive had no leaks.

fill.jpg

Kroma -R

This is single battery 18650 device with a maximum output of 80 watts going up in .5 increments, a super quick response time of 0.003S ,extremely well built and has a perfect finnish too it.This looks and feels like a high price mod but its not at all pricey.In the hand it feels great nice and solid with a bit of weight to it, a nice comfy textured rubber grip at the back of the mod nothing feels cheap about this device at all.

To power the device on dont go looking for a power button the whole front plate/screen is a squeeze bar and its very very responsive click it 3 times to power the device on and 3 to power it off.Equipped with a nice bright OLED screen everything displayed is crisp clean and easy to read, the screen displays your battery bar, wattage, puff counter, voltage, resistance, length of puff, and a padlock (green the device is unlocked Red the device is locked).

display.jpg

Wattage up and down are the only two buttons on the Kroma -R they are clicky and responsive and are located near the base of the front plate they are nicely finnished with a bronze ring making them stand out the micro USB is located on the base plate under the wattage buttons. The battery door on the base is solid but smooth and clearly marked for battery polarity.

Constructed from a nice thick Zinc alloy one side of the mod has INNOKIN engraved into it and on the other side KROMA-R its a nice touch and it looks superb.

engraving.jpg

Up top the 510 is spring loaded and will take a 25mm atomiser with no overhang.

Access to the menu is somewhat different and is done by pressing and holding the +/- buttons together once in the menu you can scroll down with the - button select with the squeeze bar and access the mode you want.

Wattage
Watt mode - Soft, Normal, Hard and then Back
Voltage
Volt Mode - Soft,Normal, Hard
Curve - Set custom wattage (DTL)
Bypass Mode - Mech Style
Cutoff - Vaping time can be adjusted 3 -18 seconds
Screen - Screen time Cutoff adjustment 5 -180 seconds

Hold the + and fire/squeeze bar to enter another screen which displays

Battery charge and volts
Coil resistance
Total puffs - can be cleared by selecting clear
Back -to exit

Hold the fire/- to lock and unlock

I have been using this for a little over a week now running at 9- 12 watts and have been averaging 500+puffs and a couple of days use before i need a battery change using some 20 mg Puff stuff very berry nic salts the flavour is great from the 1.2 ohm coil, i must admit im really enjoying this kit and i honestly cannot find fault with it in anyway shape or form, its a superb device well worth every penny.

Pros

Excellent build quality and finnish
Comfy in the hand
Simple to use
Great flavour
Very responsive chip
Child proof top fill

Cons

Errr None

As this is already Heavily discounted there is no coupon code pick yourself one up here
https://www.sourcemore.com/innokin-kroma-r-kit-with-zlide-tank.html

Once again a huge thanks to Lilia from @Sourcemore for sending this out for review

Nice review mate. Personally I don't have the tank, but I love the mod and agree with everything you say. It's a classy bit of kit.

Nice review mate. I like the side bar fire buttons on mods. This looks good as well.

Great review fella :2thumbsup:
Not got the mod but will pick one up when cashflow allows. Had Zlide tanks in my rotation for a good while now.

Nice review mate, this one is just about the only new bit of kit I'd consider buying right now [emoji1303]

Take the plunge its worth evry penny mate its a solid kit
I'll take a look around and see who has one at a decent price. I have to try and combine orders now as shipping to here costs quite a bit. Within the next couple of weeks I need to buy a litre of nic, 5 litres of VG, a litre of pg and a shitload of concentrates. Can't seem to find vg, pg and nic here so need to stock up before the UK leaves the EU in case deliveries here get a bit tricky.

Good review. It this mod would have the Zenith Pro instead, I would buy the kit

Back
Top Bottom