What's new

Innokin Endura T22 Pro.

Astral

Achiever

Innokin T22 Endura Pro.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device sent to me for review by @Innokin and is not affiliated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are entirely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

IMG_20210415_131939 (2).jpg

When I was growing up, there was a long running ad on British TV that ran with the tagline “It does exactly what it says on the tin”. It became so famous that the phrase stuck and became common British parlance and is still used today. Even people too young to remember the ad still know the phrase and use it with abandon.

If it were still running today I feel sure it would be about Innokin’s Endura and not an outdoor wood stain, and that’s for a very simple reason. The Endura works. To reuse that famous phrase, it does exactly what it says on the tin, or in this case, box.

In fact it works so well you could set your watch by it. Despite not actually being that old, it feels as old as time itself. It’s probably more consistent too.

If you’ve ever needed something in your draw or bag that you just know is going to work, then it’s been Innokin’s Endura.

It’s been the gateway into vaping for many and the ‘go to’ workhorse for many more.

Over the half-dozen years since the 1000mah T18 Endura was first launched in 2015, The Endura range has been through many incarnations, and had many different sizes and versions, all of which have been the standard bearer in their class.

There’s been the T18, the T20, the T22 and recently the new M18 Endura pod kit.

And now six years on, in 2021, it’s time for yet another upgrade, and this time it’s for the three year old and 22mm flagship, the T22.

Innokin have called this version the T22 Endura Pro and upgraded the previous version’s 2000mah internal battery to 3000mah, and given it a 5v/2A USB-C charging system and four adjustable power levels to bring it bang up to date with everything expected of a modern device.

Delightfully they’ve also added Zinc-Alloy to it’s construction, meaning they’ve kept the weight down to a respectable 157g and the size to a broadly comparable 134 x 34.8 x 25.8 with the tank on.

IMG_20210415_132112 (2).jpg IMG_20210415_134624 (2).jpg

IMG_20210415_133838 (2).jpg IMG_20210415_133935 (2).jpg

It comes in a range of six subtle colours - matte black, steel grey, ruby red, royal blue, rose gold and brushed silver - and it has either a black or silver 2ml slide top, top-fill tank to accent it.

Thankfully, not only does the tank design keep it clean and easy to use, it keeps it effective too. Innokin makes some wonderful tanks and this one is no exception.

It’s not up with the Zenith or Zlide in terms adjustability because there isn’t any, but the tall, four windowed design does mean you can see your liquid level clearly, and the bottom fed 1.7ohm, 11.5 - 13.5W Kanthal mesh coil is just magical and draws the current with no turbulence or drag whatsoever, producing an incredible flavour and vape in the process, and the giant 1.5ohm isn’t far behind either

It’s quite incredible how they just keep managing to get it so right.

For all the high end gear we have, sometimes the simplest things are the best.

If you do want to take the plunge and progress up the ranks however, the 510 connection means you can use any other appropriately threaded tank too and do it at your own pace.

IMG_20210415_134824 (3).jpg IMG_20210415_132753 (2).jpg

IMG_20210415_133322 (3).jpg IMG_20210415_133553 (2).jpg

Pleasingly though, this Endura is not just the basic bit of kit its predecessors have all been portrayed to have been and Innokin hasn’t left you in the lurch with any warmth or oompfh either.

The adjustable four levels of power and inbuilt protections mean you can contour the temperature and vapour production to your heart’s content and be kept nice and safe by means of pass-through charging and a ten second cut off, so it’s not going to shock you in any sense.

At a cool 9.5w for the first level, medium 11w and 12.5w for the middle two and a warmer 13.5w at the top, there’s a nice variation of choice that will suit beginners and moderate, more experienced users alike.

This is a perfectly judged little range and gives the user just enough difference to be noticeable but not enough to be overwhelmed.

If the whole ethos of this kit is its accessibility, it does it perfectly, and it further nods to this by having just four LED illuminations to indicate your power level and two buttons to contend with - for power and select - not any complicated settings or screen.

IMG_20210415_134712 (3).jpg

Despite all this simplicity however, that doesn’t mean this device feels cheap.

The materials used here have a nice premium quality to them and the T22 holds as nicely in the hand as it feels in use.

The cool, lightweight Zinc-Alloy frame feels smooth and silky to the touch, and the large chromed, albeit plastic, buttons on the back are nicely spaced and within easy reach of your thumbs. The USB charge port is conveniently placed here too.

Honourably it’s not just the device that keeps things simple either. Innokin have also maintained their simplistic theme with their packaging, and with very much noble intentions.

Innokin are all eco-friendly these days and they only use paper packaging for their goodies, so despite not having any flashy box or wrappings to unpack or admire, you can content yourself with knowing you’re doing your bit for the environment too. So if you like hugging trees or making daisy chains like me you’re onto a winner here.

There's nothing atypical here, but you get your usual Innokin fair.

You get your coils, USB cable and paperwork, plus spare O-Rings and drip tip, but then that’s all you really need. This is a simple kit after all and it provides all you need to get going, and going, and going...

IMG_20210415_134124 (2).jpg IMG_20210415_134348 (2).jpg

The extra power switch on the base of the device caught me out the first time I used it though and I thought I’d received the world’s first broken Endura, but then I remembered Endura’s don’t break and it was me doing something wrong...

IMG_20210415_133838 (2).jpg

The reputation of this device as a workhorse and good beginners kit is a well deserved one, and that’s not a criticism, it's a compliment. Its reputation precedes it for very good reason - it’s true.

Many of the original 2015 models will still work today if you try them. It’s only moving up the chain that sees them fall out of use, not malfunction.

It may be a beginner's device but it’s that reliability that makes it ubiquitous.

Yes it may be simple, and yes it may even be boring. But regardless of all that, it’s a deeply practical, reliable and dependable device that won’t hurt you and offers a route into vaping that will keep you in the loop for as long as you want, not as long as it lasts.

So, love it or hate it - and like we say in our good old British lingo - the Innokin Endura: it does exactly what it says on the tin.

IMG_20210415_134124 (3).jpg

Great review :2thumbsup: I love the mod, it's excellent. Do you by chance find the sliding top fill cap to be really loose, there's hardly any resistance at all on mine, and the ultem (piss coloured) drip tip is as loose as loose could be, havent tried the other one, or the super duper 1.7ohm coil, this kit is going to my daughter, she'll love it :)

The extra power switch on the base of the device caught me out the first time I used it

Glad I'm not the only one, I was five clicking away and then remembered :18:

Great review mate. I have one and that sums it up nicely. I like the draw and flavour from this set up. Works well.

Great review :2thumbsup: I love the mod, it's excellent. Do you by chance find the sliding top fill cap to be really loose, there's hardly any resistance at all on mine, and the ultem (piss coloured) drip tip is as loose as loose could be, havent tried the other one, or the super duper 1.7ohm coil, this kit is going to my daughter, she'll love it :)

Glad I'm not the only one, I was five clicking away and then remembered :18:

Hi @andi52 and thank you.

No, I haven't had a top cap problem, mines really tight. If you've got the correct Torx bit you should be able to tighten it.

I have to say I felt pretty daft falling foul of that switch!

Sincerest wishes and bestest blisses.

Great review mate. I have one and that sums it up nicely. I like the draw and flavour from this set up. Works well.

Thank @rew. Much appreciated. You were spot on about that 1.7 ohm coil too, it's a little treasure. @Innokin are nailing it with their coils at the moment.

Health , hope and happiness to you my friend.

Great review Astral! Yeah that little switch caught me our for a moment too! My top is really loose as is my wattage button but can't argue with the flavour from the 1.7 coil, it's great and a lovely draw too.

Good review.

I gave mine away to a friend at work whose wife is about to try and quit cigs.

Glad it's a good starter package.

Makes me wish I'd kept it for myself lol.
Will be worth it if it gets her off the cigs.

Great review Astral! Yeah that little switch caught me our for a moment too! My top is really loose as is my wattage button but can't argue with the flavour from the 1.7 coil, it's great and a lovely draw too.
That's quite odd, maybe it's the sample packs we received..

Innokin T22 Endura Pro.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device sent to me for review by @Innokin and is not affiliated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are entirely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

View attachment 245358

When I was growing up, there was a long running ad on British TV that ran with the tagline “It does exactly what it says on the tin”. It became so famous that the phrase stuck and became common British parlance and is still used today. Even people too young to remember the ad still know the phrase and use it with abandon.

If it were still running today I feel sure it would be about Innokin’s Endura and not an outdoor wood stain, and that’s for a very simple reason. The Endura works. To reuse that famous phrase, it does exactly what it says on the tin, or in this case, box.

In fact it works so well you could set your watch by it. Despite not actually being that old, it feels as old as time itself. It’s probably more consistent too.

If you’ve ever needed something in your draw or bag that you just know is going to work, then it’s been Innokin’s Endura.

It’s been the gateway into vaping for many and the ‘go to’ workhorse for many more.

Over the half-dozen years since the 1000mah T18 Endura was first launched in 2015, The Endura range has been through many incarnations, and had many different sizes and versions, all of which have been the standard bearer in their class.

There’s been the T18, the T20, the T22 and recently the new M18 Endura pod kit.

And now six years on, in 2021, it’s time for yet another upgrade, and this time it’s for the three year old and 22mm flagship, the T22.

Innokin have called this version the T22 Endura Pro and upgraded the previous version’s 2000mah internal battery to 3000mah, and given it a 5v/2A USB-C charging system and four adjustable power levels to bring it bang up to date with everything expected of a modern device.

Delightfully they’ve also added Zinc-Alloy to it’s construction, meaning they’ve kept the weight down to a respectable 157g and the size to a broadly comparable 134 x 34.8 x 25.8 with the tank on.

View attachment 245371 View attachment 245372

View attachment 245367 View attachment 245369

It comes in a range of six subtle colours - matte black, steel grey, ruby red, royal blue, rose gold and brushed silver - and it has either a black or silver 2ml slide top, top-fill tank to accent it.

Thankfully, not only does the tank design keep it clean and easy to use, it keeps it effective too. Innokin makes some wonderful tanks and this one is no exception.

It’s not up with the Zenith or Zlide in terms adjustability because there isn’t any, but the tall, four windowed design does mean you can see your liquid level clearly, and the bottom fed 1.7ohm, 11.5 - 13.5W Kanthal mesh coil is just magical and draws the current with no turbulence or drag whatsoever, producing an incredible flavour and vape in the process, and the giant 1.5ohm isn’t far behind either

It’s quite incredible how they just keep managing to get it so right.

For all the high end gear we have, sometimes the simplest things are the best.

If you do want to take the plunge and progress up the ranks however, the 510 connection means you can use any other appropriately threaded tank too and do it at your own pace.

View attachment 245362 View attachment 245359

View attachment 245360 View attachment 245361

Pleasingly though, this Endura is not just the basic bit of kit its predecessors have all been portrayed to have been and Innokin hasn’t left you in the lurch with any warmth or oompfh either.

The adjustable four levels of power and inbuilt protections mean you can contour the temperature and vapour production to your heart’s content and be kept nice and safe by means of pass-through charging and a ten second cut off, so it’s not going to shock you in any sense.

At a cool 9.5w for the first level, medium 11w and 12.5w for the middle two and a warmer 13.5w at the top, there’s a nice variation of choice that will suit beginners and moderate, more experienced users alike.

This is a perfectly judged little range and gives the user just enough difference to be noticeable but not enough to be overwhelmed.

If the whole ethos of this kit is its accessibility, it does it perfectly, and it further nods to this by having just four LED illuminations to indicate your power level and two buttons to contend with - for power and select - not any complicated settings or screen.

View attachment 245363

Despite all this simplicity however, that doesn’t mean this device feels cheap.

The materials used here have a nice premium quality to them and the T22 holds as nicely in the hand as it feels in use.

The cool, lightweight Zinc-Alloy frame feels smooth and silky to the touch, and the large chromed, albeit plastic, buttons on the back are nicely spaced and within easy reach of your thumbs. The USB charge port is conveniently placed here too.

Honourably it’s not just the device that keeps things simple either. Innokin have also maintained their simplistic theme with their packaging, and with very much noble intentions.

Innokin are all eco-friendly these days and they only use paper packaging for their goodies, so despite not having any flashy box or wrappings to unpack or admire, you can content yourself with knowing you’re doing your bit for the environment too. So if you like hugging trees or making daisy chains like me you’re onto a winner here.

There's nothing atypical here, but you get your usual Innokin fair.

You get your coils, USB cable and paperwork, plus spare O-Rings and drip tip, but then that’s all you really need. This is a simple kit after all and it provides all you need to get going, and going, and going...

View attachment 245364 View attachment 245365

The extra power switch on the base of the device caught me out the first time I used it though and I thought I’d received the world’s first broken Endura, but then I remembered Endura’s don’t break and it was me doing something wrong...

View attachment 245366

The reputation of this device as a workhorse and good beginners kit is a well deserved one, and that’s not a criticism, it's a compliment. Its reputation precedes it for very good reason - it’s true.

Many of the original 2015 models will still work today if you try them. It’s only moving up the chain that sees them fall out of use, not malfunction.

It may be a beginner's device but it’s that reliability that makes it ubiquitous.

Yes it may be simple, and yes it may even be boring. But regardless of all that, it’s a deeply practical, reliable and dependable device that won’t hurt you and offers a route into vaping that will keep you in the loop for as long as you want, not as long as it lasts.

So, love it or hate it - and like we say in our good old British lingo - the Innokin Endura: it does exactly what it says on the tin.

View attachment 245373

Hello Astral. Thank you so much for the sharing.
Really appreciated your amazing review.
Hope you enjoy it. :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom