What's new

Innokin Coolfire Z80 Kit.

Astral

Achiever

Innokin Coolfire Z80 kit.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device kindly provided to me by @Innokin and is not associated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

DSCF9089 (2).JPG

It must be hard to be Innokin.

As a company that's been on such a roll over the last few years when it comes to being tasked with updating things or releasing new kit they must have a hard job knowing where to begin.

Take their Zenith tank for example.

How do you even begin to better that?

It's a near legend in the industry and one they've built their reputation on over the last few years, so updating it must have been a hugely daunting prospect for them and actually doing it must've been even harder, but that's exactly what they've gone and done.

On the face of it, it's not something they even needed to do at all - it's not as if there was anything wrong with the Zenith in the first place, and I hadn't even perceived it needed updating or could be improved upon anyway - but it turns out the old adage of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' doesn't apply in Shenzhen and Innokin thought it could, and it turns out they were right and I was wrong. So I guess that's why I'm a reviewer and not a manufacturer.

And not only that, not only have they decided it could be improved upon, but that there’s room in their line up for a new mod to pair it with too, so not only have they given us an updated Zenith in the form of the Zenith 2, we now have the treat of a brand new 80w single 18650 mod to play with too. Perfect.

DSCF9161 (2).JPG DSCF9153.JPG
DSCF9120 (2).JPG DSCF9170.JPG

So what's the low down and why have they done it?

Well that's a good question. Why indeed?

Fundamentally it's given them an opportunity to bring their new technology from the Sensis to the mod market and to fill a little gap for a higher powered entry level MTL device - not that I can complain about this, as a predominantly MTL vaper myself it all looks right up my alley.

In fact I'm particularly delighted with it as on the face of it caters for my tastes perfectly.

Having seen the specs beforehand I felt I knew what to expect before I'd even tried it, and I knew unless they'd done something drastic or disastrous I was unlikely to dislike it - and I wasn't wrong.

As soon as I opened up its laudable eco-friendly packaging I was happy.

I was immediately struck by it's beauty and when I got it out it just felt so comfortable in the hand.

The whole texture and design of the mod just looked and felt so right.

The premium zinc-alloy construction made for wonderfully light weight and the beautiful, tactile mod and the leather black, leather white, cloudy grey or ash grey colour schemes for the textured wrap-around spongy leather panel makes for a sublime aesthetic.

DSCF9172 (2).JPG DSCF9175 (2).JPG

In fact it was so striking it almost distracted me from unwrapping all the other, naturally paper-wrapped, peripherals that come with it.

It includes everything you need and more, from the instructions to a USB Type-C charging cable, 0.3 and 0.8 Ohm Z-Coils, a spare glass, spare O-Rings and a spare RDL drip-tip - and all this just whetted my appetite for what lie ahead.

DSCF9146.JPG DSCF9178.JPG

After priming the coil and waiting for what seemed an eternity, I finally got to put the mod to my lips and press the soft, responsive circular fire button and awaited the results.

It was perfect.

It was everything I knew the old Zenith to be and more. It produced a smooth, quiet and turbulence free vapour all the way from the adjustable airflow ring at the bottom to the removable 510 drip-tip at the top.

The flavour from the equally excellent 0.3 - 1.6 Ohm Z-Coil range was just as good to boot.

Everything just felt so right.

From the ergonomic shape and tactile feel of the 131.75 x 38.3 x 27.6 build to the placement of the screen and three power/selection buttons down the back.

The interface in between them was just as good too.

Everything is bright, clear and legible.

All the information you need is present - wattage, resistance, puffs etc, all set out in a large font and stacked in an orderly ladder for ease of reading.

The 4th generation 20 - 100hz H0 coil frequency and refresh technology from the Sensis features with prominence too.

DSCF9099 (2).JPG

In use the Z80 is completely intuitive.

It’s the standard three button affair with the typical five clicks on, five clicks off, plus the ability to lock the settings, which just makes it feel like an old friend.

As a mod, firing is naturally button only and your safety is guaranteed with a plethora of inbuilt protections.

It also has the added bonus of using an external 18650 battery too so you can easily swap them out if you desire and not leave you without power no matter what wattage you vape at - but if you do prefer the convenience of internal charging it comes with 5v/1.7A USB Type-C internal charging option so there's no problem and the choice is yours.

All in all, the materials here feel extremely high quality and everything seems well thought out.

Filling the 4ml (or 2ml TPD compliant) tank is simple with it’s simple twist cap, and the fourth generation technology doesn’t need a code like the Sensis so it’s quick to set up too.

DSCF9135.JPG DSCF9132.JPG
DSCF9157.JPG DSCF9123.JPG

After using it for a while, I’ve not really found anything to complain about and it’s quickly become one of my ‘go to’s’, and is now my second favourite Innokin unit after my beloved little Sceptre.

Remarkably they've even managed to draw out even more flavour from the excellent Z-Coil range, and with it’s 18650 battery and F0 technology Innokin have managed to fill a gap in their line up and further cement their dominance of the entry level MTL sector in one fell swoop.

This is surely yet another triumph for them, and one I've thoroughly enjoyed using, and moreover, it's one I expect to keep using and enjoying for years to come.

But then again, with Innokin’s current locomotive-like production line, who knows how long that will be?

DSCF9128.JPG

Great review @Astral of a great product! The white looks fantastic I must say, I got the black one which is still super looking and so so nice to hold.

Great review @Astral of a great product! The white looks fantastic I must say, I got the black one which is still super looking and so so nice to hold.

Thanks @ForestMagpie, I agree completely. I'm absolutely in love with this kit. It's so comfortable to hold and I can't get over how light it is. I love it so much I might even buy a second as a spare.

You're correct about the White. The pictures don't even do it justice, it looks even more stunning in real life. I'm a little bit dubious if it will stay that vibrant after a few month use but time will tell on that front.

As I said in the review though, this is a triumph for @Innokin and they've built another good'un.

Thanks @ForestMagpie, I agree completely. I'm absolutely in love with this kit. It's so comfortable to hold and I can't get over how light it is. I love it so much I might even buy a second as a spare.

You're correct about the White. The pictures don't even do it justice, it looks even more stunning in real life. I'm a little bit dubious if it will stay that vibrant after a few month use but time will tell on that front.

As I said in the review though, this is a triumph for @Innokin and they've built another good'un.
It's so comfortable to hold and fire, like it was made for my hand. The grey versions with the suede effect are so soft and lovely in the hand too. The mod has def won me over and with f0 I even get a little improvement of flavour with my RTAs.

It's so comfortable to hold and fire, like it was made for my hand. The grey versions with the suede effect are so soft and lovely in the hand too. The mod has def won me over and with f0 I even get a little improvement of flavour with my RTAs.

I'm with you on the RTA's. I'm using my Ares 2 on it at the moment and it's arguably even better.

Great review @Astral . Looking forward to trying the Zenith 2 tank as FM is sending me one from his giveaway.

Great review @Astral . Looking forward to trying the Zenith 2 tank as FM is sending me one from his giveaway.

Thanks @rew, I really hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Even if you don't I heartily recommend getting the mod. I can't stress enough how comfortable this thing is.

May the universe smile on you buddy.

Thanks @rew, I really hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Even if you don't I heartily recommend getting the mod. I can't stress enough how comfortable this thing is.

May the universe smile on you buddy.

Will consider it mate. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom