What's new

innokin adept/zlide starter kit.

actually that was a bit of an exaggeration, it's an average amount... but 15w is the minimum recommended so it could produce more. :)

.... i'm just sad because my heisen has gone.
Lol.
That coil like the nautilus 0.7 mesh can kick up a fuss if you let it loose, I know what you mean.

No worries, just out of interest what nicotine level are you vaping? Were you smoking before? ..... I'm wondering if the nicotine is too low for you and that's why it's not hitting the spot.

Just checked my last order and I'm using
Menthol Blast | Halo Salts 20mg

I think I'm more than happy with the nicotine strength as I've no urge to smoke a cigarette again (Now that I've seen that it's 20mg I'm thinking that might be quite high)

No, it's purely down to the amount of cloud that comes out, I feel that the first puff is ok but after that it gets less and less unless I leave it for a couple of hours.

That's what made me wonder about the coil if that had anything to do with it, I've tried both the:

Z Coils | Innokin

Coil Resistance
Z 3d Mesh 0.48ohm

Z Coils | Innokin
Coil Resistance
Z Pro 1.0ohm

And both were about the same

Not to be contrary but if vaping is having the desired effect ie stopping you from smoking then why does the size of the cloud matter? The liquid strength I don't see as an issue, I vape 20mg salts along with other liquid and if you are looking for massive clouds then vaping MTL isn't going to give you that.

Not to be contrary but if vaping is having the desired effect ie stopping you from smoking then why does the size of the cloud matter? The liquid strength I don't see as an issue, I vape 20mg salts along with other liquid and if you are looking for massive clouds then vaping MTL isn't going to give you that.

I know you're right it shouldn't matter. Maybe I'm just being jealous when I see other vapers emit clouds i don't know. I just feel the cloud is almost non existent and it kind of bothers me.
The idea is to cut down the nicotine and eventually ween myself off altogether so it doesn't really matter, just trying to get maximum enjoyment in the meantime

I know you're right it shouldn't matter. Maybe I'm just being jealous when I see other vapers emit clouds i don't know. I just feel the cloud is almost non existent and it kind of bothers me.
The idea is to cut down the nicotine and eventually ween myself off altogether so it doesn't really matter, just trying to get maximum enjoyment in the meantime
What wattage setting do you have the adept on by the way? If you want massive clouds they mainly come from vaping DL (direct to lung) with higher powered kit.

What wattage setting do you have the adept on by the way? If you want massive clouds they mainly come from vaping DL (direct to lung) with higher powered kit.

When I click the starter button the light comes on for the right hand side so I guess that is the between 14-17 option

*Edit* I think I am being a complete arse - I thought the 4 bars were for heat and didn't realise this was wattage setting - I was on the lowest bar. I've tried putting it up to 4 and it already seems a bit better

When I click the starter button the light comes on for the right hand side so I guess that is the between 14-17 option

*Edit* I think I am being a complete arse - I thought the 4 bars were for heat and didn't realise this was wattage setting - I was on the lowest bar. I've tried putting it up to 4 and it already seems a bit better
Yes the lights indicate the wattage so 4 lights will be 17w on and under 1ohm coil. Glad it seems a bit better for you now.

We all see and do silly things so it's not a major thing, @ForestMagpie is right when he says you won't get big clouds with an MTL Device. Just buy a cheap DTL or a tank that does RDL if your wanting larger clouds. There are plenty around and some are pretty cheap.

Roll up, Roll up. Here good folk of POTV, we have the New Innokin Adept/Zlide kit courtesy of the wondrous folk at @Sourcemore (Thank you Ella).
This review represents my own thoughts and not necessarily those of POTV.

What you get here is.
The Innokin Adept which is a hefty 3000mah internal battery based mod. Simplicity is the key so you have two buttons, one to switch the mod on and off plus fire the tank and one to cycle through the power options, an led bar display and a usb port on the base that's sealed with a rubber bung.
You get the zlide 2ml tank which is a slightly simplified version of the excellent zenith tank.
Two coils. One is the classic zenith 1.6 ohm coil and the other an all new 0.48 ohm plex 3d coil (mesh) which is apparently super efficient and boosts flavour.
You get a spare glass tank section, spare o rings and fill port gromit, spare drip tip plus a usb lead (which sadly isn't the classic super tough and long innokin one you normally get.
An excellent instruction manual is included plus guarantee and battery safety card.
View attachment 202452 View attachment 202453 View attachment 202454View attachment 202462
One of the selling points of this kit is the ease of use and robust build.
It's dustproof, shock proof and waterproof (although I'd say more water resistant). The display on the front has four display bars and a marker display to let you know if the mod has recognized an above ohm coil or bellow ohm coil. Also a battery status symbol is present at the top of the display.
This display only light's up momentarily when you hit the fire/power button.
The four bars represent the power stages and these vary depending on the coil.
Above ohm coils offer power choices of 11, 12,13 or 14w and bellow ohms offer 14, 15, 16 or 17w. Sounds more complex than it is.

2amp charging is offered as well.
The zlide isn't far different from the excellent zenith tank. Top fill via a slide top which is locked in place with the drip tip (you pull the drip tip out slightly to allow the top to smoothly slide open, a fact that stumped me for a while) this reveals a generous fill grommet capable of accepting all the bottle sizes I threw at it.
Airflow is controlled via a smooth tight ring at the base which slides open to reveal four small airflow holes which range from tight mtl to open mtl.
The same easy coil change system that innokin use on all recent tanks is present, this means you can turn it upside down, unscrew the base and pull out and replace a coil without losing any liquid.

It's taken a while to review this kit as it just wouldn't give up. The coils lasted very well indeed.
It's definitely designed for mtl use and really performs best with the included tank or with a zenith tank. The zenith coils are cross compatible with the zlide so some good choice.
The mod is so easy to live with. Good solid hand feel and the fire button is solid. I could see this lasting year's no fuss, no hassle. Charge, set your wattage and go.
The plus is that it automatically reads the coil and sets the wattage at the lowest choice for the fitted coil. This makes this a superb choice for the new vaper and it won't allow you to drive the coils any harder than they are designed for so no more burnt out coils by excessive wattage.
This just works and the original 1.6 ohm kanthal coil is fantastic for flavour. Probably the best mtl stock coil available. The new 3d plexi 0.48 coil was pretty dull flavour wise in my opinion. That said I ended up stripping the coil out after a week of service just to see how it was faring as it just kept going. Keep with the original 1.6 or 0.8 ohm zenith coils for best results I'd say.
Faultless vaping. Can't find issue here at all. If you want zero hassle or are buying for a new vaper, this is the best kit available. Job done.

You can grab one of these cracker from here.
https://www.sourcemore.com/innokin-adept-kit-with-zlide-tank.html
Huge thanks again to @SourcemoreView attachment 202568
Enjoyed your review thanks very much, had a black one delivered today nice bit of kit.

Back
Top Bottom