What's new

innokin adept/zlide starter kit.

Actually this opens a quarry I've been mulling over.
The zenith definitely has a foot in the past and future.
pre zenith, mtl coils where mainly single wire or multiples of single wire.
we review them on the shoulders of tanks that came before but the mesh coil has Now infiltrated the mtl world, as well as claptons ect. These really put out some vapour so many recent converts may find a lot of the great older tanks quite tame.

I don't know what flavours you are vaping or how often you are rotating them but if you are constantly losing flavour with each device could a bit of vapers tongue be a contributing factor? Just a thought.
It's a possibility but I reckon the boost pod has literally hammered the vape home so hard that any of the classic designs will always suffer in comparison.
doesn't mean the boost is best. Just probably most powerful. Very much like the pm 80. Mrs kid has to run the 45w coil at 12w or the flavours are overwhelming.
that will definitely cause taste fatigue though.

It's a possibility but I reckon the boost pod has literally hammered the vape home so hard that any of the classic designs will always suffer in comparison.
doesn't mean the boost is best. Just probably most powerful. Very much like the pm 80. Mrs kid has to run the 45w coil at 12w or the flavours are overwhelming.
that will definitely cause taste fatigue though.
Honestly I find this all fascinating! I think you might be right, mesh very much seems to have taken a foothold in the MTL market and if you are used to absolute blasts of flavour then anything but that will seem muted and the classic tanks just will not do it for them. It's all down to personal preference I guess as I like subtle flavours and a really tight draw (half an airhole open on the Zlide) and nothing above 13w for MTL. I do think it's strange that Innokin haven't come out with more mesh coils in the z range though.
OP you might want to try a different pod system or if you like the boost then get a second one, it is worth rotating flavours though just to keep vapers tongue at bay and to experience the breadth of flavours out there.

Thank you for the input, I’m on a learning curve and it all makes sense. I also wonder if your taste palate for juice develops/changes the way it does with wine?! I’ve definitely ‘grown out’ of the flavours I enjoyed a couple of years ago.

Thank you for the input, I’m on a learning curve and it all makes sense. I also wonder if your taste palate for juice develops/changes the way it does with wine?! I’ve definitely ‘grown out’ of the flavours I enjoyed a couple of years ago.
It might be worth looking for a pod with a mesh coil and keeping your kit as a backup or to use in tandem, maybe worth trying one of the z coils and checking out some new flavours. Vaping is all about what suits you and half the fun is finding out! There may be something to the way your palette changes but I don't know if I've been vaping long enough to comment as the eliquid that got me off the cigs I still vape now!

You do definitely move into different flavours.
Also many older juices have been reformulated, often a number of times. First we had the worries over diacytel then the tpd regulations limiting certain ingredients. (All found in infinitely higher levels in cigarettes). Then manufacturers had to adapt to changing coils and wattages. Many apes here have been vaping longer than me yet the sub ohm tank wasn't around when I started vaping.
All of a sudden mods where capable of a crazy 30w and capable of firing coils down to 0.5 ohms. Bigger coils could wick juices around 60%vg and drippers could handle 70-80%.
This was the boom time for juice maker's. Most of the big familiar favour juices where born at this time and the flavours built around a 0.5ohm coils powered between 20-30watts.
Then the higher wattage and lower ohms arms race happened so those flavours lost their profile or became unpleasant/unbalanced. In recent times coils have become capable of handling the vg levels only drippers could handle.
Also the juices we used in the UK where far more subtle than American juices and America kept upping the sweetness levels (often using actual sugar). We used to vape more home grown liquids as imported American juice was expensive. Twenty quid for 30mls was quite normal so those liquids where a rare treat not an everyday vape.
Tpd had the unfortunate side effect of making those American juices cheaper as they could be sold in shortfill form which meant they could side step expensive testing as they didn't contain nicotine. Which in turn made sweet over flavoured juice the norm for vapers so the UK companies had to offer the same to compete.

A lot of factors, a lot of changes.

Looking for a wee bit of advice please.

Still fairly new to vaping and I recently purchsaed the Innokin Adept Zlide as shown above (Not that camouflage version - was looking for that one but couldn't find it anywhere :) )

Anyway, I use it with either 1.00 20-25W coil or a 0.48 13-16W mesh coil. Whilst I like the throat hit I don't get much vape coming out of it. I'm not looking for masses of clouds but would like something. Obviously there is some smoke (Vape) when I exhale but not a lot and it has been kind of putting me off.

Is there any MODS I can use to increase this?

Also, I use 50/50 Halo salts as my juice.

Looking for a wee bit of advice please.

Still fairly new to vaping and I recently purchsaed the Innokin Adept Zlide as shown above (Not that camouflage version - was looking for that one but couldn't find it anywhere :) )

Anyway, I use it with either 1.00 20-25W coil or a 0.48 13-16W mesh coil. Whilst I like the throat hit I don't get much vape coming out of it. I'm not looking for masses of clouds but would like something. Obviously there is some smoke (Vape) when I exhale but not a lot and it has been kind of putting me off.

Is there any MODS I can use to increase this?

Also, I use 50/50 Halo salts as my juice.
Because you are using a 50/50 juice this will not be helping with your vapour production. Maybe try a 70/30 and see how it goes.

mattc1.

Back
Top Bottom