What's new

innokin adept/zlide starter kit.

My only real gripe with mod is usb is on bottom
where as mods like Aegis is on the side so can stand upright easily whilst charging
could maybe have used the newer usb C, where there are more power pins to charge
might help it charge a bit quicker plus the lead plugs in anyway around as it's symmetrical

"think" they fitted their new MVP5 with type c port....

UCABL021600_1.jpg

innokin-mvp5-ajax-kit_4.jpg
Sad to see the old heavy duty innokin usb lead replaced with a more generic throwaway one too.

Nice review mate and a cracking looking little mod with a lot of battery capacity. I might look into getting one of these [emoji1303]

Nice review mate and a cracking looking little mod with a lot of battery capacity. I might look into getting one of these [emoji1303]
Yeah, I've actually just ordered a black one for myself bud.
I instinctively know (plus I've had coolfire's and I taste's for year's) that it's a mod that will outlast most other's. The tank is as good as stock coil mtl tanks can get and the durability of the mod mixed with the "feel" means I've just picked it up every day without thinking. I know if I drop it or leave it outside it will be fine.
I've also stripped my share of mods down to clean and fix over the year's and every innokin I've opened (never to fix, just to clean through after a leaky tank) has had the best soldering and wire quality of any mod at any price.
They're just made so bloody well.

Sad to see the old heavy duty innokin usb lead replaced with a more generic throwaway one too.

Careful calling it 'throw away' .... it's one of the only leads I own that fits inside the little cavity. My main one that I use for charging everything normally doesn't as the outside 'shell' or whatever you want to call it is too big and stops the connector fitting in.

Careful calling it 'throw away' .... it's one of the only leads I own that fits inside the little cavity. My main one that I use for charging everything normally doesn't as the outside 'shell' or whatever you want to call it is too big and stops the connector fitting in.
That's probably why the usual high quality ones aren't used in this package.
Vaporesso leads (which are excellent. Braided and steel) fit well.

I’ve been using this for a few weeks now with The different appropriate coils and am disappointed with the flavour. I’m also using the Geekvape Aegis Boost which I love. Previously I had the Aspire Zelos with the 2S tank, which I loved but the coils didn’t last, many were faulty, and eventually I couldn’t get any flavour despite checking and cleaning it... eventually I gave up. I also concurrently used the Innokin Endura T1811 and the same happened with that after a couple of years. Am I doing something wrong?! I’ve been using both nic salts and regular liquids 50/50.
Any recommendations to try or is there a better MTL for flavour? Or should I get another Geekvape Boost? (I like to have two one for salts and one for other). Apart from that I really like the Adept, though I would like to be allowed to let a little more air in as I’m finding the draw too tight.

I’ve been using this for a few weeks now with The different appropriate coils and am disappointed with the flavour. I’m also using the Geekvape Aegis Boost which I love. Previously I had the Aspire Zelos with the 2S tank, which I loved but the coils didn’t last, many were faulty, and eventually I couldn’t get any flavour despite checking and cleaning it... eventually I gave up. I also concurrently used the Innokin Endura T1811 and the same happened with that after a couple of years. Am I doing something wrong?! I’ve been using both nic salts and regular liquids 50/50.
Any recommendations to try or is there a better MTL for flavour? Or should I get another Geekvape Boost? (I like to have two one for salts and one for other). Apart from that I really like the Adept, though I would like to be allowed to let a little more air in as I’m finding the draw too tight.
Which coil are you using?

Firstly I agree on the nautilus coils. They did vary in quality. I'd look towards the nautilus 1.8 aio ns coils. Better quality and larger wicking holes suited to nic salts.

Edit/ (answering two questions at once, lol).

That said for pure mtl I'd probably look at a zenith / zlide tank from innokin for the most flavour packed stock coil tank currently. Have you tried the mesh coils.

It's hard to know how your experiencing flavour. 50/50 is just fine and if your coils aren't gunking up quickly I assume there's no issue with juice.
For example most vapers mtl with coils around 1 ohm at around 12w (plus or minus a few watts) with airflow around 1- 1.5 mms and don't expect huge plumes of vapour but The newer mtl stuff is what I'd call restricted lung hits and uses sub ohm coils and more wattage to produce more vapour.
The geekvape boost pod is powerful and has very modern mesh or multi wire coils so pumps vapour out producing more flavour.
If your happy with that style then you could obviously get another or look at the larger mod and tank versions. The voopoo vinci kits are good but the vaporesso target pm80 is king of the pod mods here. New mtl coils are on the way this or next week plus you can use the voopoo pnp coils of in a pinch.

Last edited:
I don't know what flavours you are vaping or how often you are rotating them but if you are constantly losing flavour with each device could a bit of vapers tongue be a contributing factor? Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom