What's new

Hippovape B'Adapt Pro SBS 100w Mod

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20220103_141757.jpg

The Hippovape B’adapt Pro SBS 100w Mod

https://www.sourcemore.com/hippovape-b-adapt-pro-sbs-100w-mod.html

I got the usual discount code for this that brings it down to $31.99 and it is BP100

The B’Adapt Pro is a 100w mod that takes 21700 batteries. It can also be used with 20700 and 18650 batteries. It has a 0.96” black and white screen. The mod can do wattage, temp control, bypass and voltage. It’ll take up to 25mm tanks as well but if you want to use the included guards you get then it’s 22mmm only I’m afraid. The charging slot is USB Type C.

In the box you get:
1 Hippovape B'adapt Pro SBS 100W Mod
1 USB Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warranty Card
2 Tank Guard Attachments

Style wise it’s an SBS mod that takes the larger 21700 batteries. Saying that it is still quite compact so Hippovape have done well here to keep the size down. The outer casing is a durable plastic that cuts away to show the battery tube. I really do like the style of it. If they’d used wood it would feel very high end to me but I really don’t mind the plastic. They’ve done a good job with the grain effect on the dark wood that I was sent and I like the look. Not sure I’d like the amber or clear ones personally but the wood effect is nice. On the front end you have the 0.96” screen and the wattage adjustment buttons. The fire button is on one side and if you’re right handed it really is well placed for thumb firing, or you can use your middle finger. It’s not quite as comfortable for us lefty sinister folks but it is still useable, just the other way around. The battery is held in with a screw cap that has the usual coin slot in it for ease of removal.

Hippovape have added some tank guards with the kit. They are really useful but do limit the size of tank you can use. I tried with a 23mm and they just didn’t quite fit so it’s limited to using a 22mm tank, which makes this perfect for my MTL RTAs. To use the guards you just align the slots and push down till the magnets on the bottom align with the magnets on the mod. It’s a really nice touch and lets you adjust the look of the mod to what you prefer personally. Without the guards on you can put up to a 25mm tank on the mod. It does look a little overcrowded with a 25mm tank on but it does fit.

Collage 2022-01-03 14_23_43.jpg

The screen is black and white and has all the usual info on it. The battery indicator is shown in percentage, which is handy. You get an indicator of what mode you’re in, the ohms of your tank, the wattage and then when firing it’ll show you the amp draw, the voltage the time taken and finally at the bottom there’s the puff count. For some reason, on the top left, the screen also shows you the temperature. I don’t think it’s showing the outside ambient temperature as it’s always much higher than what my thermostat shows so I’m thinking it might be the temp of the tank or coil as it does go up when you draw. A strange inclusion and not mentioned in the manual. Perhaps this might lend itself to temp control, I’ve not used that so I’m not sure.

Function wise it’s a nice simple mod to use. Three clicks of the fire button will take you to the modes. There’s wattage, TC, voltage and bypass. In TC mode you can choose SS, Ni, TI or TCR. Holding both adjustment buttons will lock those, while allowing you to still fire the mod. Holding the fire button and the - adjustment button will let you clear the puff counter while holding the fire and + adjustment button will let you lock the fire button.

20220103_142150.jpg

In use it’s a comfortable mod, even for left handers. I used my Gas Mods Pioneer tank on it at first and the battery lasts for ages at 11w with a simple round kanthal wire. I like that the wattage goes up in 0.1 increments, perfect for MTL. One thing I wasn’t keen on is that the mod will automatically set wattage for you when you put a tank on so if you’re trying to bed a coil in when building it’ll fire at ridiculously high wattages and ruin the coil if you’re bedding in a contact coil. I ended up bedding the coil in on a different mod then transferring over when I’d wicked it. This feature is good for spaced coils though. I just wish there was an option to turn it off.

I moved on to use my new Dovpo Blotto single coil tank and that was nice for this mod. It works well and the battery drain is still ok for using at 45W with an alien coil. I couldn’t use the tank guards with this tank but then I do prefer not to use them anyway. I just prefer the open look myself.

Overall the B’Adapt Pro is a good SBS mod with the increased battery power using a 21700 battery in it. It is a little bigger than other SBS mods due to the increased size of the battery tube but they have done well to keep the size down. I have been using it more for MTL as it seems to last forever at low wattages but you can use a DTL tank easily, as long as you don’t have bubble glass on.

20220103_142202.jpg

Lilia from @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

View attachment 263021

The Hippovape B’adapt Pro SBS 100w Mod

https://www.sourcemore.com/hippovape-b-adapt-pro-sbs-100w-mod.html

I got the usual discount code for this that brings it down to $31.99 and it is BP100

The B’Adapt Pro is a 100w mod that takes 21700 batteries. It can also be used with 20700 and 18650 batteries. It has a 0.96” black and white screen. The mod can do wattage, temp control, bypass and voltage. It’ll take up to 25mm tanks as well but if you want to use the included guards you get then it’s 22mmm only I’m afraid. The charging slot is USB Type C.

In the box you get:
1 Hippovape B'adapt Pro SBS 100W Mod
1 USB Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warranty Card
2 Tank Guard Attachments

Style wise it’s an SBS mod that takes the larger 21700 batteries. Saying that it is still quite compact so Hippovape have done well here to keep the size down. The outer casing is a durable plastic that cuts away to show the battery tube. I really do like the style of it. If they’d used wood it would feel very high end to me but I really don’t mind the plastic. They’ve done a good job with the grain effect on the dark wood that I was sent and I like the look. Not sure I’d like the amber or clear ones personally but the wood effect is nice. On the front end you have the 0.96” screen and the wattage adjustment buttons. The fire button is on one side and if you’re right handed it really is well placed for thumb firing, or you can use your middle finger. It’s not quite as comfortable for us lefty sinister folks but it is still useable, just the other way around. The battery is held in with a screw cap that has the usual coin slot in it for ease of removal.

Hippovape have added some tank guards with the kit. They are really useful but do limit the size of tank you can use. I tried with a 23mm and they just didn’t quite fit so it’s limited to using a 22mm tank, which makes this perfect for my MTL RTAs. To use the guards you just align the slots and push down till the magnets on the bottom align with the magnets on the mod. It’s a really nice touch and lets you adjust the look of the mod to what you prefer personally. Without the guards on you can put up to a 25mm tank on the mod. It does look a little overcrowded with a 25mm tank on but it does fit.

View attachment 263024

The screen is black and white and has all the usual info on it. The battery indicator is shown in percentage, which is handy. You get an indicator of what mode you’re in, the ohms of your tank, the wattage and then when firing it’ll show you the amp draw, the voltage the time taken and finally at the bottom there’s the puff count. For some reason, on the top left, the screen also shows you the temperature. I don’t think it’s showing the outside ambient temperature as it’s always much higher than what my thermostat shows so I’m thinking it might be the temp of the tank or coil as it does go up when you draw. A strange inclusion and not mentioned in the manual. Perhaps this might lend itself to temp control, I’ve not used that so I’m not sure.

Function wise it’s a nice simple mod to use. Three clicks of the fire button will take you to the modes. There’s wattage, TC, voltage and bypass. In TC mode you can choose SS, Ni, TI or TCR. Holding both adjustment buttons will lock those, while allowing you to still fire the mod. Holding the fire button and the - adjustment button will let you clear the puff counter while holding the fire and + adjustment button will let you lock the fire button.

View attachment 263022

In use it’s a comfortable mod, even for left handers. I used my Gas Mods Pioneer tank on it at first and the battery lasts for ages at 11w with a simple round kanthal wire. I like that the wattage goes up in 0.1 increments, perfect for MTL. One thing I wasn’t keen on is that the mod will automatically set wattage for you when you put a tank on so if you’re trying to bed a coil in when building it’ll fire at ridiculously high wattages and ruin the coil if you’re bedding in a contact coil. I ended up bedding the coil in on a different mod then transferring over when I’d wicked it. This feature is good for spaced coils though. I just wish there was an option to turn it off.

I moved on to use my new Dovpo Blotto single coil tank and that was nice for this mod. It works well and the battery drain is still ok for using at 45W with an alien coil. I couldn’t use the tank guards with this tank but then I do prefer not to use them anyway. I just prefer the open look myself.

Overall the B’Adapt Pro is a good SBS mod with the increased battery power using a 21700 battery in it. It is a little bigger than other SBS mods due to the increased size of the battery tube but they have done well to keep the size down. I have been using it more for MTL as it seems to last forever at low wattages but you can use a DTL tank easily, as long as you don’t have bubble glass on.

View attachment 263023

Thanks for the review mate. Had seen this a while back and wondered what it was like.

Good review and a nice looking mod, you wouldn’t happen to have a Mixx or an Easy to do a size comparison with would you ?
I was a late adopter with SBS mods, wasn’t sure if I’d get on with the look and fire button placement but after buying a used Easy I really got on with it and have since bought a Mixx and they’re virtually all I use, I like the compactness and they just work for me.

Good review and a nice looking mod, you wouldn’t happen to have a Mixx or an Easy to do a size comparison with would you ?
I was a late adopter with SBS mods, wasn’t sure if I’d get on with the look and fire button placement but after buying a used Easy I really got on with it and have since bought a Mixx and they’re virtually all I use, I like the compactness and they just work for me.

I've not got either I'm afraid mate, I've had the digiflavor Z1 and this is a little bigger, just scaled up for the 21700 battery. Wee bit heavier as well but not by much as the mod itself is really light.

Great review @Gitchy. I'm glad you mentioned the lefty issue, manufacturers never seem to take it into account.

And well done on finding an atty that looks good on it too. I saw some pictures of it the other day with various attys and most looked terrible, despite the mod looking quite nice.

Great review @Gitchy. I'm glad you mentioned the lefty issue, manufacturers never seem to take it into account.

And well done on finding an atty that looks good on it too. I saw some pictures of it the other day with various attys and most looked terrible, despite the mod looking quite nice.

Gunmetal tanks seem to go quite well with this colour. My single coil blotto's gunmetal and looks decent on it too.

Back
Top Bottom