What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

GeekVape Obelisk 200 Mod

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20210823_171108.jpg

The GeekVape Obelisk 200 Mod

https://www.sourcemore.com/geekvape-obelisk-200-box-mod.html

I also got a code from Lilia to bring this down by 30% to $35.20. That’s about £26 at current rates before postage.

The Obelisk 200 is a dual 18650 mod that goes up to (funnily enough) 200w. It has an 0.96 TFT screen just like it’s mate the 120 FC mod and the functions are very similar as well. The mod will take a 25mm tank comfortably and also accommodates 26mm tanks with a very small overhang, it is barely noticeable. The body is CNC cut from aluminium to make it durable and there are plastic panels on the sides.

In the box you get:
1 OFC Obelisk 200 Mod
1 USB Type C Cable

Function wise it’s 5 clicks on and off and if you click on the fire button 3 times it goes into the different modes on offer. You use the right adjustment button to go through power, TC-SS, TC-TCR, VPC then finally bypass. You can change the colour of the screen by holding both adjustment buttons in the 3 click state and when out of that the 2 adjustment buttons pressed together will lock the wattage, while still allowing you to fire the mod. Holding the fire button and the right adjustment lets you increase the brightness and holding fire and left adjustment decreases it.

Design wise it’s the same again for the Obelisk range. Simple and comfortable. The mod is small, probably the smallest dual 18650 I’ve had and with batteries in it has the heft that I like. It’s the same size as the Obelisk 120FC but has a couple of subtle design changes. For starters the edges seem a little more rounded, not much but it is there. There’s also a tapering rounded bit at the back of the mod that makes it that bit more ergonomic. I’ve put a pic of both below so you can see (200 is on the left). The screen is big and bright and everything is laid out well so you can get information easily. Again the branding is a simple GeekVape on the plastic panels on each side, as with the other 2 mods in the range. It does have the same plastic panels that somehow look better on the other colours, so if you’re averse to fingerprints you might not be too keen. The panels also give you a nice layered rainbow effect in the direct sun, something I only noticed today when I took the photo of the mod in it's box at the top of this page.

20210823_171228.jpg

The battery door was a niggle at first, it’s held on by magnets and you have to kind of line up a couple of nubs on the door with holes in the bottom of the mod then slide the cap on rails to fit it properly, all while fighting the magnets. It’s annoying at first as I kept trying to just slide the whole cap on without lining up the nubs and the magnets would make it go all out of place. Once you’ve got it it’s easy though and pretty damn solid as well. I’ve dropped this mod a couple of times and the cap stays on.

20210823_171341.jpg

In use I’ve had a variety of attys on this mod and they all work as they should. It does ask if there’s a new coil every time you put an atty on and you can just click on yes by using the right adjustment button to confirm. If you don’t confirm it the mod thinks you’re using the previous coil so be wary of that when changing tanks. I didn’t try the TC on this as a discussion with another reviewer made me realise I don’t know enough about it as you can change the ramp up to take away the initial punchiness I didn’t like about the 120 FC mod. Still, an automatic SS setting should really be set to work perfectly in my opinion. Battery life is good, the battery runs out at the same rate as most other dual battery mods.

In all it’s another great mod from GeekVape in my opinion. If you like removable battery mods then the Obelisk 200 is small and compact with a durable body and a good screen. Yes, it doesn’t have the fast charging capabilities of the 120 FC but still has the same chip and design aesthetics. Plus it goes up to 200w and you don’t need to shell out £30 on a fast charger for it. It's also a nice alternative to the Aegis range if you're like me and don't really do anything that needs a rugged mod, other than walks with my kids.

20210823_171410.jpg

Back
Top Bottom