What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

GeekVape M100 Aegis Mini 2 Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from (sourcemore) sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20210927_104549.jpg

The GeekVape M100 Aegis Mini 2 Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/geekvape-m100-aegis-mini-2-kit.html

As always I got a code for this and it brings it down to $46.99. The code is M1002K

The Aegis Mini 2 is a 2500mah internal battery mod with the usual Aegis IP68 rating so it’s water, shock and dust proof. It goes up to 100w and has USB Type C charging. The kit includes a Z Nano 2 tank which takes the B series coils you use with most of the GeekVape pod systems. The 510 plate will take up to 24mm tanks so a lot of RTAs and RDAs will fit nicely.

In the box you get:
1 GeekVape M100 Aegis Mini 2 Mod
1 GeekVape Z Nano 2 Tank 3.5ml
1 GeekVape B Series 0.2ohm Coil (preinstalled, 50-58W)
1 GeekVape B Series 0.6ohm Coil (Spare, 15-25W)
1 Drip Tip
1 Coil Tool
1 Spare Parts Pack
1 Spare Glass Tube 2ml
1 USB Type-C Cable

Style wise it’s a nice looking mod. It has the same aesthetics as the original Aegis range but without all the rubber. I always found the rubber would stick in my pocket so I really do appreciate them minimising it as much as possible while still keeping the IP rating. There’s a rubber bung over the USB port which goes into a rubber collar around the 510 plate while there’s also some rubber coating on the very bottom of the mod and that’s it. The frame of the mod is a nice brushed metal and GeekVape have kept the iconic leather on the back of the mod, along with the nice stitching that was on the older range. It seems most manufacturers are going with the leather look these days but GeekVape were the first I encountered so it’s nice that they’ve kept that in the newer range of Aegis mods. The edges are all rounded off now as well so it’s less boxy and I also like the adjustment to the fire button, it looks much less like a light switch now. Branding is just the GeekVape name on each side and there’s no indication of the mod’s name anywhere. The mod just looks sleeker and more modern to me. I do really like it.

The Z Nano 2 tank is quite slimline to match the mod and this version holds 3.5ml of liquid. Obviously the TPD version will only have 2ml capacity. It’s a top airflow tank so leaking isn’t an issue and the airflow is quite smooth. It does whoosh a little, like most top airflows but it’s a nice low whoosh, not that whistly high pitched one you can get with some tanks. You have the Zeus logo on each side of the chimney, which looks quite nice to me and there’s an embossed GeekVape Z on the airflow ring. The coils used are the B series coils so if you have any of the Aegis pods then the coils will fit here too. I like the B series coils so I have quite a few already at home, which is handy as I can see myself using this tank now and again when out. The drip tip is changeable but the one you get with it is functional enough. The only issue is it’s quite thin and you won’t be able to put a wide tip on as the top cap tapers to fit the tip. And the tope acp opens nicely with a third of a turn to show a couple of nice sized kidney holes so you can fill up nice and quickly

Edit: Excuse the scratchy looking screen here. Just realised I forgot to take the plastic coating off so it look s pretty dinged up in this pic.
20211001_140246.jpg

Function wise it’s similar to the other GeekVape mods I’ve had recently. It’s 5 clicks on and if you press the fire button 3 times it goes into the different modes on the mod. You use the adjustment buttons to go through power, bypass, VPC, TC-Ni, TC-Ti, TC-SS than TC-TCR. You can change the colour of the screen by holding both adjustment buttons in the 3 click state. Holding the fire button and left adjustment out of the 3 click state will let you reduce the brightness and holding fire and the right adjustment will let you up the brightness. Holding all 3 buttons together will let you turn the screen off and go into stealth mode, which saves battery. Holding it again gets you back to screen mode. One thing they’ve added for the new Aegis range is the A-lock switch on the side of the mod. This locks all the buttons so you can’t adjust wattage or fire the mod. I like this myself as I’m forever pocket firing mods when I’m trying to play with my kids if I’ve forgotten to turn it off and a lot of mods these days only let you lock the adjustment buttons, which frustrates the hell out me.

In use the mod is great. I only ever really use power mode at the moment so I can’t vouch for the TC capabilities but there’s a VPC and TCR mode there so you could adjust to suit. The battery life is decent for the 2500mah capacity and it charges quickly enough so you’re not without it for long, maybe 60/70 minutes. The A-lock is handy and a nice touch. I’ve found myself just using it every time it goes in my pocket rather than having to turn the mod off and on all the time like I usually do. The advertising blurb states that the mod has buck boost in it so the vape stays nice and consistent at all levels of charge and I’ve found that to be true.

20211001_140311.jpg

Vape wise the 0.6ohmn coil is a nice restricted lung hit coil. I don’t think you’d get a good MTL out of this kit, it’s just not set up for that. I already like the 0.6 series B coils and the Z Nano 2 tank works really well with them. You get decent flavour and the vapour production is really good as well. I’ve been running it at the top end of 25W and the coil lasted a good week or so before flavour dropped off and I’ve had no burning at all.

The 0.2 coil runs from 50-58w for some reason and I found at 55w it was really good. Flavour was better than the 0.6 for me and the vapour production was fantastic as it’s a Ni80 coil so there’s a shorter ramp up. This coil went for longer than a week for me with no drop in flavour so I’m pretty impressed. I’ve not tried the 0.4 coil yet but I do have some there from a previous purchase so I’m looking forward to trying one of those out in this little tank.

In all I’m impressed with the Aegis Mini 2. The styling has been updated well and the mod functions really well. The included tank was a nice surprise and I’m glad GeekVape haven’t gone down the pod tank route as I’m not especially keen on those, even though some of them are pretty good. I also like that you can use the series B coils in the tank. I’ve still got a few of those from previous Aegis pod kits so can now put them to use. The Aegis Mini 2 would be good for new vapers looking to DTL and RDL but works well for those of us who like an internal battery mod and RDL vaping.

20211001_140338.jpg

Great write up mate, looks a decent kit and I like this trend of having switches to lock the mod or to turn it on/off.

@Gitchy Excellent review. Interesting to note that it has TC. They don't publish that anywhere on their website!

@Astral I look forward to your take on the S100. Looks pretty good as well mate.

@ForestMagpie I'm loving the switch. I get so annoyed when my mod fires in my pocket as I'm playing with my youngest. It annoys me that a lot of the mods I get only let you lock the adjustment buttons.

@hack400 Don't they? I thought they'd be putting that in as it's a nice touch for such a small mod. The chip in there seems to be the standard GeekVape one that's in most of their stuff just now.

@Astral I look forward to your take on the S100. Looks pretty good as well mate.

@ForestMagpie I'm loving the switch. I get so annoyed when my mod fires in my pocket as I'm playing with my youngest. It annoys me that a lot of the mods I get only let you lock the adjustment buttons.

@hack400 Don't they? I thought they'd be putting that in as it's a nice touch for such a small mod. The chip in there seems to be the standard GeekVape one that's in most of their stuff just now.
I know exactly what you mean, why just lock the adjustment buttons?? Pointless. I'm glad it's been well implemented here.

No mention at all that I can find. I finally found a video that shows it, but it's not obvious. If it is, I am certainly missing finding that info :)

Great review mate love the geekvape stuff this looks smart to take out and about.

Another one added to the long list ha

Thanks for the review mate. Quite like the look of the mod.

Back
Top Bottom