What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

GeekVape Aegis X kit

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
A new year, a new decade and it’s about time I post this as it has taken longer than it should.

Cortana over at @Healthcabin kindly sent over the the Aegis X kit for review
https://www.healthcabin.net/geekvap...-kit-with-cerberus-tank-atomizer-p/22493.html
aegisx insta.jpg

I’ll get straight into it, Aegis X is the latest in the dual 18650 legend series of mod kits, combining the Aegis X 200w mod and this particular kit comes with the older cerberus tank, although I’ve noticed they are now doing the kit with the Zeus X tank . They don’t make it easy as when they come up with a product line name, these companies do like to run with it through a lot of products

The Aegis X kit comes in standard packaging, so I don’t think theres any need to remind you what a box looks like

But the box contains, Aegis X mod, cerberus tank with 2 coils, straight glass and spare gaskets, 4 replacement screws (for the metal section on the side, spare usb plug/cover, usb lead and manuals

Starting with the tank, now I’ve used this tank before as it’s not new by any means, geekvape have bundled it with most of their kits for over a year now, not only have I used it before,It’s been reviewed countless times, at least once by me in my Nova kit review, so it may seem a little familiar ,here goes anyway
a1.jpg

Up top of the tank, 810 friction fit tip and geekvape’s usual quarter turn release top cap
a2.jpg

Comes with the 5.5ml bubble glass fitted, not much of a chimney on these

Then you 0.2 mesh coil sits on your base(24mm) that has dual cyclops style airflow
a3.jpg
a4.jpg

As I think I previously said, the tank is a solid performer, the flavour is great off the included 0.2 mesh coils or if you have or prefer them you can use the smok baby beast coils

There’s no innovative features or striking design choices, however the paint finish of gunmetal/grey nicely matches the accent colour on the mod, but it does what it’s supposed to do and vapes great, even if a little noisy. This version of the kit will likely be the last outing for the cerberus tank I would think, with the Zeus X taking its place

The Aegis X mod,(90mm x 31mm x 56mm) dual 18650 200w capable mod boasting the same usp as the legend mods in the same series, shockproof, waterproof and dustproof. With the major difference being the large 2.4 inch screen

Up top, not your standard press fit or similar 510, you have the 510 threading,obviously. But the top plate of the 510 is part of the top of the mod as one piece, the width of the mod being 31mm is a little deceiving having a rounded chamfer, so you can’t quite take advantage using the bigger atties, there’s also the rubber bung covered usb port
a5.jpg

Your main side of the mod is dominated by the large 2.4 screen, powered buy the updated AS 2.0 chipset
a6.jpg

Very similar to the chipset that was used in the nova and legend mods,. The board provides all the protections as is the norm, low battery, overheat etc, The vaping options are also present from, standard/soft/hard, to all the temperature control options along with a custom curve option and bypass

There’s also a couple different options in regards to the outlay of the screen that you can select as well as choosing a colour theme

Now this is kind of where the UI needs tweaking, the UI does look good, even though the important info could be larger still, take advantage of that giant bright screen. The way you move through the menu, or at least part of the process is cumbersome

The power selection is pretty straightforward, 3 clicks of the power button then you use that to cycle and then the adjustment buttons to change things, The slight issues come in if you want to change the other thing like the themes etc, having to be in that adjustment then holding the up and down buttons, the latter without the power menu lock your device, and it’s a bastard to unlock

The Opposite side of the screen has your colour choice of accent with the ever so slightly padded faux leather section, along with the mods rubber/silicone accents running round the mod
a7.jpg

What would usually be the “front” of the mod has your fire ,light switch looking button & the adjustment buttons
a8.jpg

At the base is the battery door which has quite a stiff chunky latch, it also has some extra silicone/rubber seals helping to achieve those “proofings” the mod boasts
a9.jpg
a10.jpg

There’s a reason these mods have been so well received from the earlier versions to this one, the hard wearing exterior with being able to take throwing around, to drops and even spillages, this to me is the major selling point of these. The mods also function really well even if the chipset maybe slightly behind the likes of the vaporesso, a few more tweaks to the UI and it’ll be up there. The addition of the large seems like a natural progression from the other models whether it is needed it wanted that’s up to the buyer, but I like it, now is it as sturdy as the “standard” version only time can tell with that and how much of a beating you’re giving it

All in all a great kit even though it will probably be slightly different should you want to pick one up as the included tank has now changed, for the better? I don’t know, I highly doubt they’d make a lesser of a product

Cheers for reading

& thanks again to Cortana at healthcabin for sending this over

Good review mate. Nice thing isnt it. Did I read that right, yours is hard to unlock?
Good to see you obviously have no battery latch issue as well.

Good review mate. Nice thing isnt it. Did I read that right, yours is hard to unlock?
Good to see you obviously have no battery latch issue as well.
cheers mate
yeah total ball ache to unlock, I never really use the lock feature myself tbh
no battery latch issue here, is quite firm, nothing else though

cheers mate
Must be a glitch I suppose, mine is ok. Good your battery latch is like everyone elses.
:thumbup:

cheers mate

think it easy to unlock
but when locking it always nudges up or down 0.1w
so set it a smidge lower/higher & lock it
then it should lock at the exact setting if you got OCD like moi

Personally I think the large screen drains the battery life a little
(never lasts as long as 2 x 100w Solo's but is designed for more oomph)

think they could have put a clock on it with fancy screen - but just me
but I'm outside at work on a break needing to pull out my mobile
(not got a watch), to keep eye on the time as it's all lit up etc...

lovely nice beefy chunky mod, but a bit OTT for what I need MTL-ing

Having had mine a few weeks now I have found turning the screen off massivley extended the battery life and having dropped it a couple times found I have to use a hammer and screw driver to bend bend the base back to shape as the metal dents very easily which stopped me opening and closing the battery space and the battery cover got dinked stopping the latch springing back. Still happy but the biggest draw back is that huge screen drainsa lot of power.

Back
Top Bottom