What's new

Geekvape Aegis Mini

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Hey guys we are back again with a hardware review. It has been a while. I've been slacking a bit but my heart wasn't in it and then it was Xmas and all that. But we are back all refreshed.

This was sent out for the purpose of this review so thanks to the guys over at geekvape. All opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So I bring to you the Aegis Mini kit.

20190103_203142.jpg

So as always let's start with the kit contents.

1 X aegis mini mod
1 X Cerberus tank
5.5ml and 4.0ml glasses
2 x 0.3 ohm super mesh coil
1 X usb cable
And as usual all the bits of paper no one looks at.

So let us move on to the Cerberus tank

The Cerberus tank comes fitted with a 5.5ml bubble glass with a 4ml straight glass in the box. Both supplier coils are the 0.3 ohm super mesh. It's a top fill bottom airflow. The topcap is a twist and remove. Not threaded but more like a bayonet fitting with just over a quarter of a turn to undo the cap. Bottom dual airflow slots with adjustable ring. As you expect the flavour is pretty decent from the mesh coil. But no would say it is quite a noisy tank. But I have been using it between 40-45 watts with no issues at all.

Now let us move on to the Aegis mod.

20190103_203142.jpg

The Aegis Mini is powered by the AS-80 chip.
5-80w power range
Built in 2200mah battery
0.05-3.0 ohm resistance range.

I must admit I am a bit of a fan of the Aegis range. Owning the original then the legend and now the mini. I haven't done the standard youtuber tests of the Aegis. It hasn't been thrown, dropped, or drowned. I will take geekvapes word that it can withstand all that. But it's is a little cracker. I have mainly been using mine with a mtl tank with nic salts and at 18w I am getting 2 days of battery life. You have the standard aegis screen with all the info you need at a glance. 3 clicks gets you into the power menu. Press the fire button and either the + or - button to adjust the screen brightness and hold both the + and - to lock the power. It's a great size. Fits perfect in the hand and your pocket.

Pros

Small, compact
Perfect mod to pair with a mtl tank
Good flavour from the tank.

Cons.

Don't like that it's only a quarter turn to remove the top.
Airflow is a little noisy

Here is the link if you wanna head over and check them out

https://www.geekvape.com/project/aegis-mini/

Available in loads of different designs.

Attachments

• 20190103_203150.jpg
    20190103_203150.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 83
Cool. One to watch out for then. I like how compact it is. Not sure of I like the fact it has a built in battery though.

Been looking at one of these for a while, but think I'll stick with the legend. How do you think the battery life would be on this at about 40w? Oh and around 0.4 ohm

Been looking at one of these for a while, but think I'll stick with the legend. How do you think the battery life would be on this at about 40w? Oh and around 0.4 ohm

This is one of them how long is a piece of string questions. Do you plan on chain vaping at 40w or 1 puff every so often. It's a 2200mah built in battery. With my style of vaping I could get most of a day out of it.

This is one of them how long is a piece of string questions. Do you plan on chain vaping at 40w or 1 puff every so often. It's a 2200mah built in battery. With my style of vaping I could get most of a day out of it.
Nah, I tend to chain vape. Don't think a battery that small would last me. Could be good for a night out though

Back
Top Bottom