What's new

Geek Vape Obelisk 120 FC Mod

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20210726_102608.jpg

The Geek Vape Obelisk 120 FC Mod

https://www.sourcemore.com/geekvape-obelisk-120-fc-mod.html

I got a code to take it to £45.99 and that's OFCM

The Obelisk 120 is a 3700mah internal battery mod with a top end of 120w power. It will take a 25mm tank with no overhang. The main draw here is the fast charging, you can buy a kit version with an included fast charger that lets you charge it fully in around 15 minutes. This is just the mod itself so there’s no super fast charging for me. It also has an OTG mode that lets you charge up other devices, like a power bank, and it will fast charge them if the device supports that.

In the box you get:
1 Geek Vape Oblisk 120 FC Mod
1 USB-C to USB-C Charging Cable
1 Manual
And the usual safety cards etc

Function wise its 5 clicks on and off and if you click the fire button 3 times you go into the different modes on offer. You start in power mode, then to TC-SS by clicking the right adjustment button. After this it’s TC-TCR mode, then VPC, then bypass and finally it’s the OTG mode that lets you charge other devices with the USB C to C cable you get in the box. You can change the colour of the screen by holding the 2 adjustment buttons in this 3 click state and once you’re back to the power mode clicking both adjustments lets you lock the buttons. Holding the fire button and the right adjustment lets you change the brightness of the screen and left decreases it.

Design wise it’s not fancy. It’s a simple looking mod with a rounded back for ergonomics and the Geek Vape branding is quite small on each side of the mod. The front houses a 0.96” TFT colour screen and the readout is nice and easy to read. You can see the wattage, ohms, amps, volts and puff counter on it. There’s also the battery indicator at the top. Each side has a shiny panel on it and this may annoy some who don’t like fingerprints. The body does seem to made of metal though so it’s a nice solid device and has the heft I’ve come to like. I like the minimal design personally and it’s not a massive mod either so fits well in my hand.

20210726_102733.jpg

In use I’ve been finding myself using the mod more than a few of my others lately. The power mode suits me perfectly and using my standard single coil RTA at 45w I’ve been getting well over a day’s use out of one charge. Geek Vape seem to have nailed the battery usage in this Obelisk range and it’s not at the expense of the power either imo, it fires just like most other mods. I reckon an MTL tank would last for ages without having to charge so it is a really good mod for starters or MTL users as well as folks like myself. I have also tried a lowish power SS build on TC as well but that, sadly, didn’t seem to work too well I’m afraid. It just seemed to have too much punch and I was wary of the coil burning the cotton, which totally defeats the purpose of a TC mode in the first place

The main pull of this mod is the stated fast charging and again I sadly didn’t get to experience this as I asked for and was sent the mod only version. I wanted to see if my super fast phone charger could be a replacement for the Geek Vape branded charger you get in the kit. It wasn’t. It took about 70/80 minutes to fully charge with my super fast phone charger. I will be forking out the 30 odd quid to get the Geek Vape one as I really want to see how the technology works and if it does indeed charge that fast without the battery getting too hot. It is a really good internal battery mod without the super fast charging though and is one I would definitely recommend to those who are averse to using external battery mods.

The other plus is that you can use this like a power bank in OTG mode and charge other devices with it. It works well enough but it’s not something I’ll use that much, unless I’m stuck somewhere without a plug socket and I need to boost my phone a little.

Overall it’s a good little mod. I like the style of these Obelisk devices as they’re quite plain and they do work very well, with a cracking battery life. I think the only issue I have found is that every time you put a tank on it asks if it’s a new coil or not. I don’t know why the Geek Vape mods all do this as it’s not as if they have a smart function that sets the wattage for you automatically. Still, despite that very minor thing it’s a mod I will continue to use in wattage mode and I might even retire one of the other mods I’ve been using lately in it’s favour.

20210726_102741.jpg

Update: I have now received the GeekVape Fast Charger that I bought and it does indeed charge fully in 15 minutes. The battery does get quite warm but not hot in any way. Makes the extra cash for the full kit very much worth it imo.

Last edited:
Cracking review mate and looks like a decent mod to be fair, be very interesting to see how well the fast charging works.

Cracking review mate and looks like a decent mod to be fair, be very interesting to see how well the fast charging works.

Aye I'm interested in that too so will definitely buy the charger for it and update on this thread once I have it. Just wanted to see if the super fast chargers you get for your phone these days work as well. Mine didn't so that was a bit of a let down but I imagine the technology will come in soon so everything is super fast charging as it's a decent idea. Then you could use any old charger to get it charged up quickly. Maybe Geek Vape are just ahead of the game a little.

Aye I'm interested in that too so will definitely buy the charger for it and update on this thread once I have it. Just wanted to see if the super fast chargers you get for your phone these days work as well. Mine didn't so that was a bit of a let down but I imagine the technology will come in soon so everything is super fast charging as it's a decent idea. Then you could use any old charger to get it charged up quickly. Maybe Geek Vape are just ahead of the game a little.
Yeah be very handy to be able to charge everything with one charger as I keep having to remember what will charge what device!

Thanks for the review. Would just be a bit concerned about charging in fast mode and potentially shortening the life of the battery.

Thanks for the review. Would just be a bit concerned about charging in fast mode and potentially shortening the life of the battery.

3700mah in 15mins is insane, I have to say it would be pretty handy for a mod to take on holiday or something... charges fast and can be used to charge a phone in an emergency.

It's a shame the TC doesn't work, Uncle Phil said the same... I don't know why they just didn't leave TC off if it doesn't work, stuff like that annoys me and makes me not want it, even if I'm not planning on using TC. .... you hear that GeekVape?!

3700mah in 15mins is insane, I have to say it would be pretty handy for a mod to take on holiday or something... charges fast and can be used to charge a phone in an emergency.

It's a shame the TC doesn't work, Uncle Phil said the same... I don't know why they just didn't leave TC off if it doesn't work, stuff like that annoys me and makes me not want it, even if I'm not planning on using TC. .... you hear that GeekVape?!

Just watched his review and I agree with him. It just seems too punchy for me. I've found that with other GeekVape stuff as well. I always worry about TC as I'm not amazingly into it so worry that I'm picking things up wrong so good to know folks who know their shit agree.

Updated the OP but wanted to note here that the Geekvape Fast Charger does indeed charge the mod fully in just 15 minutes. I bought one from Red Hot Vaping and it came today. The mod gets warm but not overly so. A wee bit warmer than other internal mods I have but nothing worrying at all. Seems to charge at 3.25 amps, 65W and 20V if that means anything to anyone.

I'd definitely recommend splashing the extra cash for the full kit with the charger incuded if anyone's planning to purchase this.

I'll perhaps come back to this again when the mod dies in a few years, see if it's any worse for battery longevity than the other mods I have with internal batteries.

Updated the OP but wanted to note here that the Geekvape Fast Charger does indeed charge the mod fully in just 15 minutes. I bought one from Red Hot Vaping and it came today. The mod gets warm but not overly so. A wee bit warmer than other internal mods I have but nothing worrying at all. Seems to charge at 3.25 amps, 65W and 20V if that means anything to anyone.

I'd definitely recommend splashing the extra cash for the full kit with the charger incuded if anyone's planning to purchase this.

I'll perhaps come back to this again when the mod dies in a few years, see if it's any worse for battery longevity than the other mods I have with internal batteries.

Nice one. That's really good, I hope they release more (better looking) mods that use the same charger, it would seem like a pretty good investment then.

Back
Top Bottom