What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Freemax Twister Kit

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
@Freemaxtech a new addition the manufacturers that are now present on the forum dropped me a message a little while ago asking if I’d like to take a look at one of their products for the purpose of a review, sure why not .

Most people will have heard of Freemax by now, either the newer vapers because of the mesh pro line of sub tanks or if you’ve been around a while, it probably started with the starre tank around 2015/16 hot on the heels of kanger and aspires initial drop on the scene with the original subtank lines, with simple round wire coils, I know shocker right , no claptons , staples or mesh in sight, how time flies………..
IMG_20191210_145150.jpg

Enter the Freemax twister kit, billed as a “starter” kit, more of an introduction to dtl subtank vaping, a simple to use “stick” style mod and tank combo

These are available in 13 different colour options, 7 “standard” metal coloured versions and 6 “graffiti” variants.

Starting with the tank in this kit, the fireluke 2 mesh tank, not sure there’s much of an upgrade apart from the inclusion of the tea fibre mix coils as far as I can tell. Tank has a 5ml capacity should you get it from overseas, or I’m sure you can pick up an extension/bubble tank if not, coming in at 24mm in diameter and 48mm in height
IMG_20191209_224458.jpg

In your tank box you’ll get the matching tank itself, 2 coils, one x2 0.2 & x1 0.15, some spare orings and an extra bubble glass

Up top is your slide to fill, top cap, indicated with a little red dot, this is all one piece as there really is no chimney to speak of

IMG_20191209_224435.jpg

The base has 2 large cyclops style airflow holes, where you giant coil heads sit
IMG_20191209_224405.jpg

IMG_20191209_224333.jpg IMG_20191209_224259.jpg IMG_20191209_224230.jpg

The Twister “mod”, at first glance looks like one of your average stick style mods a set voltage output and that’s your lot, not on this, this is wattage adjustable from 5w - 80w using the wheel at the base. Ever so slightly larger in diameter than the tank at 24.7mm and a smidge over 10cm tall at 101.6mm

In your box you’ll get the stick mod itself and a usb charge cable along with a manual

Spring loaded 510 at the top
IMG_20191209_224205.jpg

Fire button and usb charge ports on opposite sides
IMG_20191209_223958.jpg
IMG_20191209_223931.jpg

Wattage adjustment at the base
IMG_20191209_224141.jpg

Being a simple device, as you’d expect to operate, it’s about as easy as it gets, 5 clicks to turn it on/off and adjust your wattage via the wheel at the base, it also has all your protections built in to

the mod feels nice in the hand, kind of mech like and is really easy to use as you’d hope, as it’s aimed at the newer vaper or dtl novice, the only slight negative is the 2300mah capacity, there needs to be a more battery friendly coil option a 0.4/0.5 range would be good, the highest you get is a 0.2 and as anyone will tell you thats used a single cell mod to power something like that it won’t last long, unless it’s a 21700 cell, that’d give a lot longer of a run time

Now the fireluke 2 , simple in looks and build, pretty much a 2 piece tank, easy to fill top fill that feels secure when closed. The way they have matched the colouring and pattern on the graffiti editions is also top quality and the finish seems well done.

There’s multiple coil options with the fireluke, from single mesh all the way up to a quintuple 5 coil mesh option, so there’s a great choice available , the 2 included coils are the single and dual mesh and they both perform pretty similar imo, awesome flavour and last a very reasonable amount of time , depending on what juice you use obviously, Freemax were also kind enough to send me some of the triple coils, big thanks for those also, anything I read or seen, seem to be of the same opinion that these are the best of the bunch, I would agree by a slight margin.

As I said previously, the only issue you may run into is the battery life as the coil options are low resistance and the low mah battery, the tank is definitely a winner though if you’re after a flavourful stock coil tank.

All in all, a great kit for what it’s aimed at, newer vapers or any vaper really, looking to get a dtl stock coil setup and doesn’t want to have to grab everything that can go with that, like the higher power mods, batteries charger etc

These can be found everywhere now, for around £30 for the kit which is a steal imo, I’ve also seen it for as little as £21, don’t think you could get the tank alone for that, proper bargain

Massive thanks to @Freemaxtech for contacting me and sending this over

Thats kind of like a Mexican festival design. I had a hot sauce that had a similar picture on it once.
Good review mate.

Back
Top Bottom