What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

ELeaf iStick Power 2 Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20210526_105739.jpg

The E-Leaf iStick Power 2 Kit With GTL Pod Tank

https://www.sourcemore.com/eleaf-istick-power-2-kit-with-gtl-pod-tank.html

I also got a code to discount this and it’s POW2, takes it down to $34.29. At current rates that's almost £25 which is great for this kit.

This is the 2nd version of the very good iPower mod (if you don’t include the 200w version). The first iPower was my first ever mod and I loved it. It was perfect for a starter like me who didn’t know how they liked to vape and was wary of external batteries. The battery lasted for days and it really did me well until I screwed on and off too many tanks looking for that perfect draw and done in the 510. We all seem to be looking for that elusive perfect atty and I don’t think many will find it. Well, that‘s the excuse I use to justify to myself buying tank after tank and I’m sticking to it.

The mod has a 5000mah internal battery and goes up to 80w. It'll comfortably take 24mm tanks. The tank is a plastic affair that takes push to fit coils and has it’s own 510 base. It’s a good restricted lung hit tank and can do a passable MTL as well, even if it’s not quite set up for that ‘true’ MTL experience.

I received the standard edition so it has the larger 4.5ml pod tank. If you want to read about the TPD one there’s a great review by @ForestMagpie on the front review page and it’s a good read. He also has nice hands.

In the box you get:

1 iStick Power 2 Mod
1 GTL Pod Tank (4.5ml)
1 GTL 0.4ohm Coil
1 GTL 0.8ohm Coil
1 USB Cable
2 User Manuals
1 Warranty Card

20210606_210638.jpg

Functions on the mod are quite sparse. It seems to be a trend with some kits coming out at the moment and I quite like it. I’m not one to tinker anyway, I like to just set a wattage and go so it doesn’t bother me that the mod isn’t all singing and dancing with TC and power curves etc.

It’s 5 clicks on and 3 clicks to lock the adjustment buttons. If you hold the up and down adjustment buttons together you go into a menu that lets you set the power mode, wattage, smart mode or bypass. You can also reset your puff counter and there’s a nice wee screen that shows you a visual representation of how many puffs you’ve had each day for the past 7 days. There are no numbers, just bars of varying heights but it’s a nice touch all the same for those that care about their consumption. You can also change the theme colour to red, blue, green or purple. Finally you can reset to default and there’s another option that’s an ID check, I don’t have a bloody clue what that one does and I’ve not read the manual so I probably never will. Oh and you can also turn on stealth mode by holding the fire and left adjustment button together. That will fire the mod without turning on the screen, good for battery saving.

Styling wise it’s a lovely looking mod. All the edges are nicely curved and that makes for a comfortable, ergonomic feel. There’s the, now seemingly standard, padded leather type wrap around it and it’s got nice stitching on it. The branding is nice as well. You have iPower on one side and eleaf on the other in nice joined up writing, which gives it a nice look in my own personal opinion. The screen is bright and because you can change the theme colour it’s not your usual boring screen. The screen shows the battery level, the wattage, what mode you’re in, a puff counter and the time taken on your last puff. There’s also a wee lock indicator at the top right. I do really like the styling of this mod. I’m actually tempted to go out and buy the iPower 2C, which is a dual external battery version of this which goes up to 160w.

You also get the GTL 4.5ml tank with this version of the kit and it is pretty much the same styling as the Voopoo PnP pod tank. Thanks to Forestmagpie’s review I saw and checked that you can even use the plastic pod part of the PnP tank in the 510 base of the GTL. He also mentions that you can use the Innokin Sensis pod part in it as well but I don't have one of those so I can't check. Sadly the coils aren’t compatible. Eleaf seem to be going their own way with the coils and using the GTL coils in a few of their devices for internal cross compatibility.

20210606_210733.jpg

In use the mod is simple as already noted. It starts up in smart mode and I used the 0.4ohm coil first, which set at 28w for me. The flavour is quite bright with these coils and went well with my usual fruit liquid. Pushing it up a little gave a little more vapour and a touch more flavour, I settled at 32w for my own preference and used the 0.4 coil for a while until it started to lose flavour a little. In all the 0.4 coil gave a good RDL draw and pretty good flavour. The one thing I don’t like about these pod tanks is that they’re just connected to the base with magnets, really annoying if you’re like me and grab your vape by the tank when it’s in your pocket. The bloody thing just comes off the base and you’re stood there with a plastic tank in your hand. I also had a couple of times when I took the mod out of my pocket and knocked the thing off the base. I do wear quite tight jeans though so it might just be me.

Moving onto the 0.8 ohm coil I found that it was a bit more restricted and still gave a decent RDL draw with good flavour again. The MTL with this coil is a little mixed. You can turn the airflow down on the tank for a reasonably tight MTL draw but it’s not proper MTL tight. It’s got airflow holes on 2 sides of the tank so I feel that you could get a proper tight MTL draw if you managed to close one of these off. I like a pretty loose draw anyway so it suited me fine and I quite liked it. The only thing is there’s not a removable drip tip and the mouthpiece on the GTL tank is more set up for RDL vaping. As I like a loose draw it didn’t bother me at all and I really enjoyed it but anyone looking for a proper MTL tank here is going to be a little disappointed. Another thing I noticed is the smart mode tried to get me using the 0.8 at 24w a couple of times and I pretty much burned out the coil when taking a draw without noticing as it's only recommended to go up to 18w.

In all the iPower 2 is a great mod. It has the big battery of it’s predecessor and I like the simplicity of use. It looks really nice and is not too light or heavy. The smart mode was a bit glitchy for me with the 0.8 coil but is not something I use anyway, give me a simple power mode any day. The GTL tank is decent for the way I like to vape, a nice restricted direct lung vape and it is pretty good for a medium to loose MTL draw as well. It’s just a shame I really don’t like the plastic pod tank thingys. Just give me a proper tank please. Call it snobby but I hate the look of them and the fact that I can’t wear tight jeans with them in my pocket. Still, I have plenty of other tanks to use and they work just as well on the lovely, lovely mod.

20210606_210715.jpg

Last edited:
Great review @Gitchy a damn good read. It really is a lovely mod, I love mine. I knew I had plenty of hand fans out there :D

Thanks for the review mate. Tells me exactly what I need to know.

Hmmmm......this is from Sourcemore Eleaf iStick Power 2 Kit with GTL Pod Tank webpage

Shipping restriction: We are unable to ship any Eleaf products to UK and South Korea due to exclusive distributor of Eleaf. We will remove Eleaf products from orders directly and send the rest items out, and refund the difference in 3 working days.

Hmmmm......this is from Sourcemore Eleaf iStick Power 2 Kit with GTL Pod Tank webpage

Shipping restriction: We are unable to ship any Eleaf products to UK and South Korea due to exclusive distributor of Eleaf. We will remove Eleaf products from orders directly and send the rest items out, and refund the difference in 3 working days.

Seen this before. Pretty sure that's only for wholesale.

Back
Top Bottom