What's new

Drag 2 Platinum (Island) with MAAT Tank

Michael jackson

Achiever
Good evening Apes hope all is well. I was contacted by Voopoo to see if I was willing to test and review the Newest addition to the Voopoo family the Drag 2 Platinum and their newest tank the MAAT. I spent some time that day googling the MAAT tank and could only find a video of someone dry hitting and changing the coil within about 4 seconds. So thought why not as I'm a big fan of the Drag family.

resin side.jpg mod drag side.jpg drag nice veiw.jpg Drag tank front shot.jpg

Right before I get into this these will be my honest thoughts and opinions and although I was sent these for the purpose of this review this will not sway my thoughts on them.

So lets start with the Drag 2 Platinum

So what's in the box : -
Drag 2 177w Platinum TC
User Manual
GENE Chip Card
Warranty Card
USB Cable

This mod is pretty identical to the original Drag 2 (see below cheeky review drop)

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...-vw-mod-reviews/threads/voopoo-drag-2.171614/

except one major thing, the finish. This finish is amazing. One of the major draw backs on the original Drag and Drag 2 are the way after a few months use the paint rubs off exposing the silver body. I cant seem to work out if this tungsten alloy is highly polished or if its got a layer of varnish on. After a bit of a scratch with the nail its defiantly coated as I cant really feel that lovely big DRAG logo everyone has come to love :lame:. I do love this finish it feels like it will really extend the life of the mod compared to the original Drag and Drag 2 as aesthetically it will still be mint months and months after the other two.

Right some pros and cons.....

Pros
  • Finish is a vast improvement over all finishes previously released on Drag Mods (in my opinion)
  • Accommodate up to 24mm attys without overhang
  • Smaller and lighter than the original Drag 2
  • Innovative GENE FIT chip with 3 FIT modes
Cons
  • A little rattle on battery door in all directions (not a con for me but will be for others)
  • There is a gap of about 1mm between tank and mod which being a mirror finish makes it look double

Right on to the MAAT tank

airflow.jpg top veiw.jpg topfill.jpg

So what's in the box : -

MAAT Tank (4ml)
Glass Tube (2ml)
MT-M1 (0.13 ohm)
MT-T2 (pre-installed 0.2 ohm)
Sealing O-Ring x6
User Manual

I was also sent a spare MT-M3 (0.17 ohm) to test.

Now I tried reading up on this so I had an Idea of what to expect and I read about the bottom and middle airflow design which means you can literally vape right down to the last drop before you get a hint of a dry hit and I thought whos gonna be stupid enough to try this...… Ladies and gentle men I bring you that fool, MMMEEEEEEEE.
Its day one and I have been hitting this tank hard all day. A 4 ml tank of juice was lasting about 20 mins and I probably topped up about 6 times in the day at work. Anyway I had a bit of a shit day so had a couple of ciders while the wife went to work. It was late, and dark and I'm stood with the double doors open in the flat looking out over the estate when all of a sudden I got this taste. Only a faint taste of burning but defo a taste. I took another couple off hits and then it was there. All hell fire was let loose in my throat and I though "shit, I have just chain vaped and burnt this coil out day one". So I went and grabbed the back up MAAT tank that came with the Alpha and was vaping that. About two hours later I put the kitchen light on and noticed I had vaped the first tank bone dry. I quickly filled it and left it a few mins and gave it a small tester, it was good so I took a bigger vape. This thing was good as new, I couldn't believe it.
I have been hitting the MT-T2 and MT-M3 for 4 days hard. I found I was vaping both coils around 68-70w as I like long deep inhales. The MT-T2 coil seemed to bring out more of the fruity notes in the juice and the MT-M3 coil brought out more of the aniseed and minty notes. I am yet to use the MT-M1 coil but will use that until the 19th when I review the Alpha Kit.

Coils.jpg

Right some pros and cons.....
Pros

• The flavour and Vapour production on this tank are pretty good
  • Coils seem well made, not a hint of dry hits when I chain Vaped (excluding when I vaped dry)
  • Innovative bottom and middle airflow work well to produce good flavour
  • Quick change coil system works really well I tested myself and think I changed the coil in about 4-5 seconds on my first go
Cons

• Juice capacity (although TPD is to blame not voopoo)
  • When vaping in the bath where I had the mod tipped to a 50 degree angle vaping there is quite a bit of hot liquid that can spill from the drip tip although when day to day vaping this does not happen
  • Refill hole is a bit tight and had a few spills
  • the button on the tank worked really well for the first day but after that I have to push the button to close it instead of it just clicking closed.
Thanks for reading and I will keep people updated for how long the coils last. I use homemade juice that's not over sweet and coils generally last 2-5 weeks so this may be a long one.

Thanks for reading and if you would like to try the tank I'm giving one away so pop over to the giveaway section for your chance to win.

drag front veiw.jpg Mod with cover off.jpg

Nice review man.

Really interested to hear about the tank. It sounds like it's a direct copy of the crown 4 from what I have heard about it.

Nice review man.

Really interested to hear about the tank. It sounds like it's a direct copy of the crown 4 from what I have heard about it.
I got the crown 4 in a deal the other week but haven't used it yet I will year it down tomorrow and compare them

Back
Top Bottom