What's new

Dovpo Riva 200 Mod

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20220112_155121.jpg

The Dovpo Riva 200w Mod

https://www.sourcemore.com/dovpo-riva-200w-box-mod.html

I got a code to bring it down to $37.29 and it’s RIVAM

The Riva 200W is Dovpo’s own chipped version of their Riva DNA 250c Mod. It’s in the same casing but has their own chip instead of the DNA one. The mod, unsurprisingly enough, goes up to 200w and takes 2 18650 batteries. It’s got a USB Type-C slot for updates or charging. There’s a colour 0.96” TFT screen.

In the box you get:
1 DOVPO Riva 200W Box Mod
1 USB Type-C Cable
1 User Manual
1 Battery Usage Warning Card

Style wise it is exactly what I have been looking for. It’s got that rounded, almost rectangular shape to it and just feels really nice to hold. The fire button is placed well and the leather panel at the back is soft and spongy. It’s a compact mod and the dimensions are noted as 80.0, 43.0 and 39.5mm. The 510 plate is towards the front of the mod, not great for bigger tanks but it’ll take 25mm tanks easily and 26mm without any overhang. The battery door is on hinges but it slides out nicely and looks sturdy. The mod is pretty much in the exact same casing as the DNA version. The only differences I can see is that the screen is perhaps a tiny, tiny bit larger on this one and the fire button sticks out a miniscule amount more on the DNA. There’s also the fact that this version has a USB Type C slot in it instead of the DNA’s Micro USB.

The screen is also nice on the 200. It’s bright, clear and shows the info you need. Starting with the mode you’re in and the battery indicators you then get the wattage you’re on, or temp if in TC. Going downwards it shows the coil resistance, the voltage going through the coil, the amp draw and then the puff count.

20220112_155706.jpg

Function wise Dovpo have kept it relatively simple, while catering to different types of vapers. Holding the middle menu button gets you into the menu and from there you can choose power mode, voltage mode, temp NI, temp TI or temp SS. After that you have a stats menu that’ll let you see your puff count and the time spent vaping. Finally you can change the brightness of the screen if you want.

In use I love this mod. I started off with my usual Kylin Mini V2 and it looks good and vapes well. The Blotto RTA looks good on it as well and the mod can handle the higher wattage vaping of that tank with dual coils in it too. I noticed that the wattage will go up in increments of 0.5w until it hits 100w where it will go up in increments of 1w. The functions are reasonably basic so the Riva 200 is good for vapers like myself that just want to chuck a tank on and vape. The TC functions seem to be set and there’s no power curve adjustment for the users that like to tinker. It’s a simple UI and a good one in my opinion. I have found that tanks with bubble glass suit this better for my tastes, straight glass just looks a little anaemic to me and while I like bubble glass tanks I know others aren’t always so keen.

Overall, as I’ve said, I love the Riva. The styling, the weight and the feel of it are just what I like in a mod. This version has the nice clear colour screen and the USB Type C slot. It just suits me down to the ground. I like it so much I bought a DNA version, just because I had some spare cash and felt fancy, not because there’s anything wrong with this one.

I’m going to pop this one in the giveaway section so that someone else can try it out.

20220112_155220.jpg

Last edited:
Nice review @Gitchy :2thumbsup: think the Riva is my favourite out of all my Mods, I too have the DNA version, but I do have others with the Dovpo chipset and they work fine also. Its a cracking bit of kit and feels high end.

Cheers @Gitchy glad you like the Riva range, I’m enjoying the two I have paired with the Blotto Max and V1.5

I’ll be running a giveaway for Valentine’s in a few weeks, hopefully as a community one so if you want to hold off with your giveaway till then I think I can add a matching Blotto to your Riva.

No drama either way just thought I’d ask.
ACCB6D1E-F8CA-4A13-A1BB-AC22AF3F5D46.png

Cheers @Gitchy glad you like the Riva range, I’m enjoying the two I have paired with the Blotto Max and V1.5

I’ll be running a giveaway for Valentine’s in a few weeks, hopefully as a community one so if you want to hold off with your giveaway till then I think I can add a matching Blotto to your Riva.

No drama either way just thought I’d ask.
View attachment 263594

Yeah happy to wait mate. Would be a nice wee bundle for someone. Just let me know nearer the time and I can add this to your thread.

I do really like the Rivas.

Yeah happy to wait mate. Would be a nice wee bundle for someone. Just let me know nearer the time and I can add this to your thread.

I do really like the Rivas.
Yeah they are good just hope they continue the range to single batteries and 21700s @dovpo_hannah !!!!!!.

@Digbys And @TMB Notes have shown an interest in a community giveaway also which is great.

think with your Riva the giveaway will be 2x Riva 200 and the Blotto max and or the V1.5 and what ever else gets thrown in the mix.

cheers Andy

Back
Top Bottom