What's new

Dovpo Odin 100w.

Astral

Achiever

Dovpo Odin 100w.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device kindly provided to me by Dovpo and is not associated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

IMG_20210619_140347 (2).jpg

No sooner had I finished up my last review when I received a completely unexpected knock on the door.

It was the post lady with a surprise package for me.

What was it? I wondered.

It was a decently sized box with plenty of tape on it, Chinese writing and international post marks.

Odd I thought, I’m not expecting anything of that size, so it couldn’t have been anything I’d ordered in the previous week, and I’d made a few.

Intrigued, I sat down and opened it.

It was a Dovpo Odin 100w mod!

It was particularly odd as I couldn’t remember even being in touch with Dovpo but I guess I must’ve been and am getting forgetful in my old age!

Not that I’m complaining, it was blinking gorgeous, particularly in it’s matte gunmetal colour - precisely the one I would have chosen for myself.

Although that said, I’d have been happy with any of the others too - black, gunmetal, red and silver in any of the glossy or matte versions of each. They’re all good looking.

It was beautiful and sat atop my table with purpose, pose and character.

It was like nothing I’d ever seen before and was a true eye-opener for me. The detailing and design cues were completely unique and something I enjoyed looking at immensely. I just sat there and stared at it adoringly.

From the six cutouts on each side to the four-button facia on the back, this mod had charisma in abundance.

IMG_20210619_140701 (2).jpg IMG_20210619_140808 (2).jpg
IMG_20210619_140202 (2).jpg IMG_20210619_140843 (2).jpg

It may not have been all that big at 36.3 x 32 x 90.5mm but it had presence and looked exquisite. Every inch the quality piece of kit I’ve heard it to be.

Once I’d finished admiring it, I had a quick look through the box.

There wasn’t much there but as it was a tankless mod, there was unlikely to be.

What was there was equally good quality though. From the braided USB-C cable to the glossy instructions. It even came with a selection of six differently coloured battery wraps for the 21700, 20700 or 18650 batteries it takes.

IMG_20210619_141957 (2).jpg IMG_20210619_141400 (2).jpg

All I had to do now was find one, pop on a tank, and give it a whirl.

As I’m impatient, I used the first of each that came to hand. These were a Wotofo Troll X and an 18650 respectively, both nicked from one of my other mods.

Both fitted nicely and the battery slotted into the Odin’s white tubular 18650 adapter perfectly. The door depressed firmly and slid shut nicely with just the right amount of tension.

IMG_20210619_141126 (2).jpg

The tank fitted perfectly too and at 24mm looked every inch the part, but it could easily have taken a 28mm without overhang and perhaps looked even better.

Once I picked up the mod, I found it to be a real Goldilocks piece. Not too big, not too small, just right. The tapered shape from front to back fitted my palm as if it was made for it.

It wasn’t too heavy either. The aluminium and zinc-alloy construction made it reasonably light and it was perfectly balanced in the hand.

Clicking the audibly firm, logoed power button five times turned it on and the mod illuminated into life.

IMG_20210619_140934 (2).jpg

The 0.96" TFT Colour Screen was vibrant and projected its array of colours into my star-struck and besotted eyes.

White, blue, pink and green were all on the home screen, delivering its battery life, resistance, wattage, voltage and amps in a nice stack with coloured, circular surrounds.

Pressing the middle of the three under-screen control buttons brought up the menu screen.

There was an abundance of options - power, bypass, temperature for NI, TI, SS, TCR, plus your stats and brightness.

The buttons directly above and below it scrolled the highlighted selector up and down effectively, and holding them down together locked the settings.

IMG_20210619_141758 (2).jpg IMG_20210619_141758 (3).jpg

Then came the time to use it.

When I did, I was astounded. Really astounded. It fired instantaneously - and I mean instantaneously. It’s sharp, really sharp. Ramp up time is almost non-existent and the vapour almost immediate. I couldn’t believe how quick this thing is.

The chipset here is proprietary to Dovpo and is outstanding. They really should use this on all their mods.

It’s so good I wondered why all devices can’t be like this and why they use DNA software on their other models like the Odin Mini. Perhaps some people prefer it?

I don’t know why though. This goes up to 100w whereas the Odin mini only goes up to 75w, and the 1 Amp Type-C charging here is a bonus too.

Then again you might be one of those that likes to charge their batteries externally and swap them out as necessary. But I’m lazy and don’t bother. I just plug it in to a socket and have done with it.

Not that it matters. Charging isn’t much of a wait and I don’t run it down too quickly anyway so it isn’t an issue or something I have to think about.

The only real complaint I have here with the kit is with the sturdiness and clickiness of the buttons. They’re just a little bit too firm. Yep, they’re too good.

So yeah, for the first time in my life I’m complaining that something is too well built. There’s got to be a first time for everything I suppose!

I blame ‘The Vaping Bogan’ for it though. After all this is a collaboration with him [and VapourzCloudz] - and who better to blame than a gobby YouTuber anyway? Perhaps the depth and audibility of the button’s throw is mech inspired? Mechs are what he’s noted for after all.

All in all this is a glorious device and one I’m going to keep. I’ve already added it to my rotation and wouldn’t give it back even if I had to.

Fortunately I don’t and it’s now all mine.

The build quality of it should mean it stays in use for a long while too.

I’d like to thank @dovpo_hannah and @dovpo_uk for sending me this. I’ve never used one of their devices before and got a brand new experience from it.

They’ve made a new convert of me and I suspect anyone else who uses it will become one too.

This is now one of my all time favourite mods and I’m completely in love with it. Heaven help me.

IMG_20210619_140557 (2).jpg

Awesome stuff. Told you about the ramp up time.
I use it for my get out off bed vape and power a 25 watt single coil and the battery life’s great. Easy in the pocket financially and physically.

Personally I wish they would do a bit of a leather grip on it which is my only complaint.

But happy you enjoyed it and obviously gave it a great review.

Thanks Andy

I use it for my get out off bed vape and power a 25 watt single coil and the battery life’s great. Easy in the pocket financially and physically.

Personally I wish they would do a bit of a leather grip on it which is my only complaint.

Thanks Andy
I've got a 200w and the ramp up time is superb for sure. Personally I think a leather grip would ruin the aesthetic and I quite like that it doesn't have one.

Thanks Andy

Thank you Andy. You were right. It's a truly great mod and one I'm going to heartily recommend.

Much love.

I've got a 200w and the ramp up time is superb for sure. Personally I think a leather grip would ruin the aesthetic and I quite like that it doesn't have one.
Yeah difference of opinion.

I love my Riva because of the grip tbh I find the full metal skeleton cold up ont ills .

Maybe if they went for a Riva Single Battery (but then Battery life wouldn’t be as good)

Great review @Astral - I love mine too, it's such a good mod and pairs perfectly with my Profile M both in matte black.

I really like the firmness of the buttons and if I really tried to find fault with it I'd say the side vents are a bit annoying for picking up dust and pocket fluff, but that's being very nit-picky.

Great review @Astral - I love mine too, it's such a good mod and pairs perfectly with my Profile M both in matte black.

I really like the firmness of the buttons and if I really tried to find fault with it I'd say the side vents are a bit annoying for picking up dust and pocket fluff, but that's being very nit-picky.

Thanks @JohnNada. The clickiness is actually something I'm noticing less now and appreciating the more I use it. I just wanted to blame Bogan for something. Lol! It's purely a house mod for me at the moment so I haven't noticed the pocket fluff yet!

Back
Top Bottom