What's new

Digiflavor - Edge Kit - Black

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
Im on the edge of glory...

Digiflavor, A company that is growing in the industry fast. They have brought us other hardware like the drop and mesh pro RDA and full kits like the ubox kit. The idea behind digiflavor is that flavour can be digitized. They have one of the most advanced engineering teams in the field of atomizers. The team focuses on flavour rather than cloud and this shows in there products. Today I will be taking a look at the edge kit. Scroll down and see what I thought.

resize_DSC_0372.JPG
resize_DSC_0373.JPG

Out the box

So the Digiflavor edge kit can be purchased in 5 different colours. Black, Gunmetal, Blue, Green and stainless steel. The gunmetal version actually has camo panels for them vapers that make it look a little different from the rest but a nice finish. In every kit, the tank also comes in a matching colour, also a nice touch. I’ve seen this kit retail at $69.99 in the US and £59.99 In the UK meaning this kit comes at a great price.

After sliding the lid off you are presented by your edge mod, Spectre tank, a box of spares with coil and spare glass. Everything was packed and presented well. All I could think was how good the edge mod looked and could wait to get it out the box.

The device its self is powered by 2 18650 batteries. As in all my reviews, I will always recommend charging your batteries in a trusted bay charge you can charge from the device as well. And this is where this device stands out from the crowd. It’s the industries first wireless charging device. The wireless charging dock does not come included in the kit though.

The device itself has the output power off 200watts. It also has a variety of modes it can work in that gives the option off temperature control as well. Modes that you will find on the device would be power, TC, TCR, VPC and Bypass. Within this modes, the edge will be able to read a resistant range from 0.05-3ohm.

Kit includes

· Edge mod

· Spectre sub ohm tank

· Spare parts pack

· Spare glass

· Digimesh coil

· Promotion card & Warranty card

· User manual

· USB cable

resize_DSC_0374.JPG

The build.

Mod

Well, let’s start on how the edge looks. In my eyes, this device looks absolutely stunning. With its diamond cutting texture, it delivers superb ergonomics in style. This also helps with the feel as it is stable and comfortable in the hand. Paired with the spectre tank with the same diamond cut look this device looks amazing. The device also has a 1.54in colour screen that will show you everything you need to know clearly and well presented. Build quality on this device Is outstanding. I couldn’t find a fault anywhere. The materials they have used feel great and the finish is perfect. The button for the release on the door to get to you battery compartment is well thought off and works well and eliminates any battery or panel rattle. This device feels expensive and well made and that’s what I like.

Now let’s get to how this device works. I have been using this device over a week now and I’m more than impressed. The device is fitted with a AS chipset that has been a success in other vape models so this device performed. 200 watts of power and it delivers them well and the chip has many modes to choose from to use this in. I’ve used the edge with many rda's and tanks and found it very accurate on reading coils. Another think I really like about this mod is that it features an advanced fast wireless charging technology (9v/1.1A), which supports the Qi v1.2.4 communications protocol.

Mod specs.

· Size: 90mm×67mm×29mm

· Battery: 2×18650

· AS chipset

· Display: 1.54in colour screen

· Output: 200watts

· Resistance range: 0.05-3ohm

· Temperature range: 100-315°C / 200-600°F

· Modes: Power (VW), TC (Ni200, Ti, SS), TCR, VPC, Bypass

· Wireless recharging - 10W (9V/1.1A)

Tank.

So now to the spectre sub ohm tank. Also in the diamond cut look is visually pleasing. The adjustable air flow is located at the lower of the tank. Super easy to use and is very smooth when adjusting. The tank also has a easy fill design with a quarter turn top cap with the top refill. The filling holes are large enough for any bottle use in my opinion.

I have enjoyed using this tank. Being manufactured my digiflavor I was expecting the flavour to be good, and I was right. Flavour from this tank was amazing. The digimesh coil definitely does its job well. I ran the tank with a couple off different flavours and performed great with both offering superb flavour. Wattage range for the coils are 30 to 90 watts but stated best between 60 to 80 and I would have to agree. I used the tank between the full wattage range and found the 60 to 80 suited my vaping style offering amazing amounts off flavour and the coil was still tasting like new after 8 days.

Spectre specs

· Size: 42.4mm×24mm

· Capacity: 4ml (Standard), 5.5ml (Bubble), 2ml (EU)

· Coils: Digimesh .2ohm kenthal

· Quarter turn a top cap for top refill

· Adjustable bottom ring airflow

· Gold plated 510 connector

resize_DSC_0375.JPG
resize_DSC_0376.JPG
resize_DSC_0378.JPG
resize_DSC_0379.JPG
resize_DSC_0381.JPG
resize_DSC_0382.JPG
resize_DSC_0383.JPG

Pros

· Visually pleasing

· Comfortable in hand

· Clear and simple display

· Amazing flavour

· Wireless charging

· Great build quality

Cons

· Does not come with the wireless dock for charging

resize_DSC_0377.JPG

Overall

What a amazing bit off kit. I couldn’t find a fault with the mod or the tank. From the minute I opened the box I loved the look off the device. The best thing was that it’s worked as well as it looked. The AS chipset really did perform well with what ever tank or RDA I put on top.

This device would be perfect for that new vaper that just wants to start or the experienced vaper that wants a new bit of kit. Would I buy this device again . Yes, I would and I will. It’s that good I want a second.

Guest Reviewer

So, this kit has been guest reviewed by @vaper_mtb, who is currently working in the vaping world but wanted a try at reviewing products. His wide knowledgeable portfolio for liquid brands is huge and he knows a good device when he uses one. This review is his second review and again he has smashed it! His photos have been collecting lots of interests from all over the vaping world. He will be making a regular occurrence along with other members of the @sub_ohm_connection team.

resize_DSC_0384.JPG

Equipment used

Mod: Digiflavor edge
Tank: Spectre sub ohm tank
Coil: digimesh .2ohm kenthal
Liquid: donut puff swedish berry and riot squad sub lime
Battery: Samsung 25r

https://www.buybest.com/product/200W-Digiflavor-Edge-TC-Starter-Kit_63322.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom