What's new

Cthulhu Hastur mod

eyeball kid

Legend
WP_20200723_21_06_01_Pro.jpg

Here it is.
My last must do review. This one I've no obligation to do but I promised the fine folks at @cthulhumod I'd do one as soon as I'd got to grips with mine. So here we go.

First up, big thanks to cthulhu for all the help. This one's a pleasure.

I'm going over ground already perfectly covered in @simon he's excellent review but it's so pretty it's worth it.
WP_20200723_21_08_33_Pro.jpg

What you get:.
It arrives in beautiful Tin box with the Hastur legend pressed into the top. The mod is nicely packaged within a foam capsule.

1 X HASTUR MOD

1 X USB CABLE

1 X USER MANUAL

Size: 3.5cm X 2.4cm X 8.5cm

Net Weight: 166g
WP_20200723_21_08_44_Pro.jpg

Cthulhu have been around a while now. They set themselves up as the full design, cnc and sales package. They made some useful tanks over the years but things really started to come into focus with the original hastur mtl tank. I think we all discovered that they really knew what they where doing and had an eye for quality.
The original hastur is a tank That's still in use at eyeball tower's.
Since then they've really been non a role for mouth to lung vapers.
The hastur mini is a fantastic tank and the 1922 rda nailed the mtl squonk market followed by the dual use and excellent Mulan rdta.
I've been a huge fan of the little 18350/18650 mosfet tube mod so when the Hastur mod started to appear I was straight onto Cthulhu to get first on the purchase list.
WP_20200723_21_09_02_Pro.jpg

I have to admit, the only worry I had on the sneak preview was the colour screen. It looked very DNA 75c and with an 18650 battery I knew from previous experience that wasn't the best combination for cell longevity.
Luckily Cthulhu announced they had designed their own atom chip which had a full colour screen and delivered 88w.
They've been honest and announced a real world efficiency of 85% which in paper is DNA like but in every day use it beats the evolv board for battery life easily (I've run the Hastur mod back to back with the therion using new 30w cells and the same tank and coil).
Right the mod.
WP_20200723_21_10_50_Pro.jpg

It's a beaut. The basic design is a food grade stainless steel tube with an aircraft grade aluminium box containing All the electrics and screen bolted onto the tube.
You get the choice of the aluminium section in black, green (they call it midnight green) or silver. Here we have the silver model.
Very classy looking to My eyes. The tube section is 24mm so will look great with anything up to that size atop. The 510 connector is solid and counter sunk into the top of the tube and you have a gold heavy duty threaded battery cap at the bottom which is threaded like silk.
The whole mod has been made to the absolute top quality. I've some very expensive mods here that this tops comfortably.
It's surprisingly solid with a tank on top and not easy to tip over.
The front is very clean. Solid rattle free buttons (fire at the top and the plus and minus buttons beneath the screen).
That screen is nicely sized, perfectly squared and incredibly sharp. The only issue maybe is that it's very bright. Hopefully a firmware update will be on the way to.adjust that to your preference.
All the features your average vaper need are included (wattage and temp control basically) The temp control is something cthulhu are very proud of and quite rightly so as it performed flawlessly for me with my steel coils.
This has a usb c port on the front but only supports 1ohm charging but I'd.expect you charge externally except in an emergency.
The biggest surprise was the price. Knowing how much mods like this generally cost I was expecting a price between £100-£200.
I was genuinely surprised to see this retailing between £70-£80.
Now I know that's not cheap but for a mod of this quality it's a frikin steal.
WP_20200723_21_09_13_Pro.jpg
WP_20200723_21_11_13_Pro.jpg

I'd fully expect this mod to stand up to everyday use out and about with ease as unlike the plastic or monkey metal mods are usually made from it's made from quality metals. That said, I will be keeping this one for evenings and special occasions as it looks so good.
Early day's obviously but I genuinely can't find fault apart from perhaps a bright screen but that's more a taste thing.
I'd recommend this to anyone who vape mouth to lung bellow 20w without reservations and if you don't mind carrying spare cells around I'd recommend it to anyone.
Beautiful work.
Huge thanks to @cthulhumod mod for all the help.

You can order direct from cthulhu:
https://www.cthulhumod.com/hastur-mod-88w-tc/
Or keep your eye's on steam island for stock to come back in. These are moving fast.

Last edited:
Wow, that was my last must complete review. Anything from this point will be purely of my own choices.
Been a lot of fun and its definitely recommend to anyone approached to give it a go as it would be great to get some of you new young thing's opinions on upcoming gear.

You were doing so well, until you thought it would be £200 for a mass produced Chinese mod, in this day and age......ffs....then by mentioning the price of £70/80 folks think they are getting a bargain because you set an unrealistic....fkin plucked from nowhere £200 ceiling....dear god man.. I will be sad to see you go:D

Back
Top Bottom