Innokin
What's new

Cold by Vapesmarter

nwhornet

Legend
Vapesmarter “Cold”
IMG_20190626_232814.jpg

I was fortunate enough to be asked by Mr. Vapesmarter Stuart to review & test one of his handmade mods using the new Stealthvape battery tubes. I ummed & arred for all of 2 seconds as I have been following Robs progress on this game changer to the mod world for a while. Without going into too much detail the unique design of the tube means modmakers can reduce the height of a mod without losing any functionality whether it be a regulated device with a DNA or Yihi board or a clickfet mech or squonker. This is something that Vapesmarter has grabbed with both hands & is fully embracing the new tubes in his current mods resulting in even better designs than before (as if that was possible). Waffle over, so what does this mean to us the buyers. Unique, quality mods.

After a couple of messages regarding mod style, colour & form factor Stuart then went away & did his magic, ably assisted by Alfie, although the only evidence of this was a photo of Alfie on a tea break. This is the normal way for Stuart to make his mods. You give him the seeds of an idea. An image in your head of what you require is transformed into a thing of beauty by the little magician in his workshop. Anybody who has purchased a mod will know the anticipation waiting to see the block, then the build progress & the reveal. It’s like Christmas but for grown ups. It’s this whole process that makes Vapesmarter unique as I know of no other modmaker who creates one off mods to the customers requirements.

Cold

In the box

Cold box.jpg

Cold arrived in a dark wooden chest, along with a thank you photo from Alfie, leather wrapped USB lead (for charging & upgrading firmware), leather draw bag, welcome & instruction for use letter, polishing cloth & attie gaskets to protect the mods 510 from scratches. Presentation like this shows you are receiving a quality product. It’s these touches that make you feel like you’re an important customer & not just another sale.

Cold is a stabwood mod made with resin coloured with blacks, blues, whites & with reflective flakes/dust (don’t know the technical term but think fine candy flake in paint) that show depth to the colours & change as the light moves around. There’s the ubiquitous Alfie hallmark on the right side. Battery tube is exposed at the rear & driving this lump of loveliness is a Yihi SX485J board with colour TFT screen. The fire button is made from the same block set into a Stainless steel faceplate. On top is a MM 22mm 510 but this mod will take up to 26mm without overhang. The mod itself just has that feel good in the hand factor that not many mods give you. Some feel comfortable grip wise but heavy. Others have the lightness but sharp edges. Pretty much whichever way you hold this, thumb or finger fire, it’s comfortable. Helped by the curves & exposed battery tube. And it’s light!! Even with a battery & full Kylin on top it’s light. And, although it’s stabwood & resin, it’s not going to slip out of your hand (unless you’re clumsy). As said, the battery tube is the new SV 18650 model, with the screw in battery cap. Silky smooth threads and cut outs allow for easy removal & fitting. No battery rattle at all as the fit is snug, very snug. Now this is a first batch of these tubes & I did find that molicels wouldn’t fit but they do have thick wraps. SV have already made adjustments to allow for the inconsistent battery diameters & wraps. Samsung 30Q & 25R fit fine, as did Vapcell purple & black cells. Just remove the scratch stickers & clean off any glue.

Cold1.jpg
Cold2.jpg
Cold3.jpg

The Yihi SX485J board has been a breath of fresh air to me after the over complicated SX550J in the G Class & has been as easy as the DNA mods I normally use. Colour screen that has all the info you need. Navigation is easy, plenty of options to tweak for the geek in me. Fire button & response time as quick as it’s big brother & DNA boards. The joystick is no problem to use. I didn’t stick a TC build on as I know how good this family of chips are & if you want to use temp control, you can be assured that this will perform with the best. Vapesmarter doesn’t use cheap components in his mods, quality is his ethos.

Pros

· Custom built mod to your requirements

· Quality components throughout

· Exceptional after sales service with 6 month guarantee, discounted up to 12mths

· Small, compact & light weight

When you purchase a Vapesmarter mod you know from the start that you are getting personal service.

Cons

To be totally honest, it’s difficult to find fault but I will point to a couple of personal preferences. The fire button could be a tad prouder (nit picking really) & would have liked SS screws purely for the aesthetics.

For further info on the mod of your dreams contact Vapesmarter at https://www.vapesmarter.org/ or FB https://www.facebook.com/vapesmarter/ & view his work on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/vapesmarter00/ .

This is being wrapped up & sent back to @vapesmarter (sad face:17:) when I've finished the bottle of juice:D.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Vape Superstore
Great review @nwhornet, shame you had to send it back ;)

Once my bank balance bounces back alittle, I feel I may need to talk to Stu about another mod...

Vape Green
Cracking review and a cracking looking mod, I personally would make that 100ml last as long as possible!

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Cracking review, and great work Stu. I think visually, the only bit I'm not keen on is the side with the light wood showing. I'm personally not keen on too many straight lines, and the edge of the wood is pretty straight.

I think it's time for me to start building up funds for another tiny squonker, now the tubes are smaller, assuming Stu will oblige [emoji1696]

AcmeFog
Great review @nwhornet :2thumbsup: I don't think you can buy a better mod for the price of one of Stu's creations, they just scream quality throughout.

Cracking review, and great work Stu. I think visually, the only bit I'm not keen on is the side with the light wood showing. I'm personally not keen on too many straight lines, and the edge of the wood is pretty straight.

I think it's time for me to start building up funds for another tiny squonker, now the tubes are smaller, assuming Stu will oblige [emoji1696]
Cloud is just a tad bigger than my Runt V1 height wise, 80mm against 76mm. Certainly not huge for a stabwood. It's probably closer in size to a Rockmodz stab as they're thicker walls than the printed versions.

Premier Ecigs
Its beautiful. All your creations are.
Now quick question and Im sorry if this is daft but could the metal plate (I dont know the name of it) be made in black?

Back
Top Bottom